Yes To Carrots lip butter

Coconut Oil*, Olive Fruit Oil*, Beeswax, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Flavor, Sunflower Seed Oil, Shea Butter*, Limonene*,Tocopherol, Citral*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Orange Peel Extract*, Melon Seed Extract*, Pumpkin Seed Extract*, Carrot Root Extract*, Eugenol*. *Organic

on 3/22/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Im so sad that this didn't work for me. I had the mint one. It had that "cooling" feeling on the lips that I cannot stand. The texture of it was nice and the scent was okay. I will try the other scents.

on 2/9/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip butter. I have the one in berry. It makes my lips feel soft and creamy. Does not dry out my lips. I always have some lip balm on me, And this Yes to Carrots is a favorite. Will certainly repurchase.

on 1/18/2015 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Too thick and waxy...made my lips look white.

on 1/16/2015 2:51:00 AM

I have this product in "Berry" in the older packaging with the white tube and colored cap. I very rarely throw away lip balm and I convinced myself I would start finishing my collection, starting with this balm. I began using it regularly and noticed that even though it seemed like it moisturized, after it wore off (fairly quickly), my lips would be flaking to the point they would bleed. I kept using it for a month to make sure it was the product, and not me. It was the balm. The only things it has going for it is the price, the smell (like children's vitamins), and the USDA certification. Ultimately, though, it has failed at it's only purpose.

on 11/29/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the mint version, which is in a solid green tube with white font, with a solid green cap.

Packaging: I actually feel like this would be better in a pot. It's quite buttery and not quite solid enough for a retractable tube.

Price: I got on sale for $2. Fair price.

Formula: Very buttery, not waxy despite having bees wax. I find that it absorbs right in. Wouldn't work well as a sealant/protectant. But as a moisturizer it is excellent. A lot of balms tend to dry my lips and cause them to flake. Out of all the Burt's, and I've tried most all of them, only the Honey and Mango were this good. It blows EOS and petroleum-based balms out of the water in terms of moisturization for me. Within a day or so my flakey dryness is gone and doesn't come back.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I get through lip balms very quickly and each time I finish one, I tend to like to pick up a new one to test out. The last two lip balms I used were the Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm With Mango Butter and the People For Plants Organic Lip Balm - Pink Grapefruit And Sweet Fennel. I actually liked both of these a lot and I was kind of expecting the Yes To Carrots one to be similar. (It wasn't.) I purchased the Pomegranate one.
Even though I don't hate the product, I honestly can't think of any significant pros whilst I can come up with many cons without even thinking too hard about it. These were a few things that I noticed, some straight away and some after a little while.
- The texture was very waxy and thick (maybe this is a characteristic of lip butters - I'm not totally sure but nevertheless), It felt quite heavy on the lips when I first applied it and just sat on my lips for the first half an hour or so.
- Normally with lip balms, I apply quite a lot in one go and it's usually fine and they'll usually just slide across but not with this one. Because of it's thick texture, it built up a lot when I did this and, and this is the worst part, it left a horrible white cast on my lips. I happened to have been in a bathroom when I decided to whip this out on the day I bought it so when I looked in the mirror and saw what it looked like, I kind of took my finger and blended it and took a bit off and it looked pretty decent from there but I just can't be doing that all the time in public.
- The packaging wasn't horrible but one thing that bothers me is the fact that when you twist the lip balm up to use it, it doesn't really go back down when you try and twist it down. It just stays in the same spot and you really just have to push it with your finger or back against your lips to get it back down.
- I also thought that because it was so thick and heavy it might do well for night time and whilst it didn't dry out my lips in particular, it certainly wasn't any better than my Burt's Bees or anything else that was a lot less thick and a lot more comfortable on the lips.

on 8/5/2014 5:38:00 AM

After discovering that many (actually most) of the beauty products I use are from companies that test on animals (or have parents companies that test on animals), I went in search for a lip balm to replace all of my Nivea's, Cover Girl's etc.

I found this at a local Priceline shop in Australia - luckily there was a 40% off sale because the price is quite high for a lipbalm. But don't get me wrong, I'll be definitely up for paying extra in the future.

I love this blend, and got the lime (green) flavour. Not sticky, not overbearing, long-lasting, I couldn't ask for anything more. I love how this lipbalm keeps my lips soft for such a long time. It really was worth buying. Plus I love the quirky brand ... and CRUELTY FREE? Yes sir, this is definitely the brand for me!

on 2/25/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A CRUELTY FREE lip balm that in't expensive, moisturizes my lips, is all natural, paraben free and smells/tastes great....YES TO CARROTS (in carrot)....YES PLEASE!!!!! I love this lip butter and once I run out of my other 6,937,847 other chapsticks (including EOS) this will be the one I'm most likely to rebuy again.

on 1/12/2014 6:47:00 PM

I love this. Good value for money in Sephora. Hydrating. No artificial ingredients or fake smells. In a stick for hygienic application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I saw this product at Target listed at $2.99 with a $2.00 off coupon attached. I figured that since I am always looking for a good lip balm that I'd give it a go for $0.99. I got the pomegranate scent/flavor with spf 15. I was intrigued with the ovular packaging that supposedly fits into your pocket without creating that unsightly lip balm bulge that occurs when wearing jeans or other more fitted pants with pockets.

Scent: smells vaguely of pomegranates, slightly sweet, but that scent is overpowered with a scent of some sort of oil. I have found that a lot of natural/organic lip balms have this scent to them, so that did not bother me.

Packaging: It is slim and does fit into your pocket, but the flattened balm was more difficult to apply evenly than a round tube of balm. I found that I had to go in at each lip at many different angles to get the product on, whereas a round tube could be maneuvered without lifting off the lips at all.

I used the product all of that afternoon. I did not notice much of a difference in how moisturized my lips were even after reapplying quite often. I figured that maybe it was being rubbed off by eating/drinking/talking so I applied a good layer to my lips before going to bed to see how it would fare overnight.

Oh my goodness, what a bad idea. I woke up the next morning to find that my lips were so dry that the top layer of skin ALL OVER my lips was dry, peeling, crusty, and stiff. It felt like I had a facial mask on my lips. I tried to exfoliate them a bit, but the dead skin came off leaving raw, bleeding lip skin behind. This was a week ago and I still am having peeling issues.

For reference, my favorite lip balm/treatments are the Jack Black lip balm and the Dermstore brand lip quench (surprisingly amazing, and came free with my purchase).

For a natural alternative with a tint, the Pacifica color quench jumbo lip tints are moisturizing enough that I can wear them all day, and the color pay-off is great with the darker shades such as blood orange (this one smells a bit weird) and sugared fig (smells like spiced sweet fig, and is perfect for this time of year) . I can't wear lipstick because it is too drying, and these give me color without the dryness.

Popular Lip Treatments