August 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by jmferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually don't leave reviews, I rather read them, but this mascara base is really the best I tried and I think it deserves higher ratings. Before finding it out I thought the lancome base to be awesome, but this MM really surpasses it. I tried mac, estee, lancome...no one gets closer, because this guy not only lengthens, but thickens, and it does it sensibly. And it is cheaper than the department store brands mascara bases I mentioned before.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's the mascara base for all the MJ mascaras. All the older MJ mascaras (i.e except Lash King) that I have tried need this as a base to work well.

You know when you have too much of a good thing it becomes a bad thing? True for this product. I have to keep telling myself to "use sparingly" but it's just too tempting when I see my lashes getting longer and having a nicer curl with every application!!

With two coats I get a lovely curl that lasts for 6 hours or so and double eyelids(= strong formula).more than two coats, I will get strange white tips on my lashes and balls of stuff? That looks like dried glue. Not a pretty sight, definitely not a pretty experience too when I try to comb through my lashes. Now I literally see why greed is a sin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by chochonui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just like any other base, it makes ur lashes longer.
it's quite hard to wash off.
I like estee lauder's base more than this one

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Caitlyn99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara base that I own. Fairly satisfied with it. Only complaint is that it clumps on 2nd coat and only lengthens my lashes slightly. It still looks natural after I've applied the actual mascara. So, not bad, but I think I could just apply a few more coats of mascara for that length. If I ever need to purchase again I think I'd rather purchase another tube of mascara as this cannot be worn on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this in Japan with the mascara counterpart. I can not say the proper product name with a straight face, it just sound so funny! That aside, I love the MM mascara packaging! Its so adorable! I really like this base because it lengthens and makes my lashes look fatter when I put on the lash expander. You have to be careful with this product though, about one or 2 layers of this stuff before it gets clumpy after the mascara goes on it. Love!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by junycherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first mascara base, and I have to say it's been such a disappointment. I am still using it up since it's a waste, but I will not be purchasing again. Mascara still smudges and product is clumpy, making it hard to apply evenly on lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by misodisko

I really really like this mascara base. It lengthens a reasonable amount but volumizes amazingly (my lashes are okay length but quite thin). It's now part of my everyday routine; I find this extra step to be totally worth the time and effort. I've tried this both in the white and black fibers, both are the same to me, and dry to a whitish finish (ie neither can be left as it is, must be covered by mascara). I don't find it difficult to remove at all, I remove all my makeup with an oil cleanser and this is taken off easily. However I do tend to stick to non-waterproof mascaras, so maybe that's the reason. Definitely will repurchase, probably multiple times a year.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

My lashes are reasonable in lengh and thickness, therefore when I have applied this mascara base I didn't see much of a difference.

However recently I was doing a makeup of a friend with lashes that are shorter and thinner, and after application I've seen a huge improvement.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by lullabydevamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used one tube of the old version(comb applicator, white base with thin white fibers) and I also tried the new one(comb applicator again, white base again with BLACK fibers), and they are no difference to me.
It gives my lashes really beautiful defination, it curls, lengthens, thickens. Does a very good job as a base. And its super water and smear-proof even I use a non waterproof mascara on top of it it will still be fine cuz with the base my lashes will keep its curl for whole day so its not likely to wear off even though its a non waterproof one. Best effect I ever had with all the mascaras I have tried.

I will never buy this product once I used it all up cuz its superduper hard to remove no matter I use eyes n lips makeup remover or cleansing oil whatever its just so hard to get rid of and I ends up pulling some of my lashes out. Anyone considering buying or trying this product pls be aware that it(or all MJ mascaras) is THAT hard to remove.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by beautyinandout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was expecting a lot from this mascara base. In disappointment, it clumped up my lashes.

However, it does lengthen a tiny bit though.