Everyday Minerals puff jar

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 7/11/2009 5:47:00 AM

The Good:

~The jar is nice and build sturdy.
~The mirror on top is cute.
~Holds quite a good amount of product.

The Bad:

~It is very bulky, not for travel.
~I don't really see the use of these jars because the puff sponge is large and you can't tell whether a product is out until you realize you put too much.

on 7/9/2009 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I honestly don't like this product. I don't think I would get anything with a puff jar. First of all, they're not hygenic. You can puff some powder on your face when you're on the go with this but then you leave an oily residue, even bacteria. And how are you suppose to clean it? I think that would be quite the task.
Apart from that, even if i wanted to use this to touch up, it's does a bad touch up. I'd rather use a brush on the go. And there are some good brushes you can take on the go. For example, I use ectotool retractable kabuki, and it's the best.
I swapped both my puff jars away and will never ever think about getting anything with a puff jar again.
Oh Oh, and when I did have powder in the puff jar, it would get all messy and leak out through the sides of which it's suppose to be closed.
This was just a hassle for me.

on 7/9/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this with my bronzing/finishing powder which came in this jar. I also have one empty that I don't know what to do with. I love this for finishing powders but I wouldn't know what else to use it for. I love it because it's cute. hehe.

on 4/21/2009 11:57:00 PM

I have always wanted to try the puff jar application of mineral makeup, so I was so excited when I found out EDM had one at such a cheap price.

I do think the puff applies mineral foundation in an easy and convenient way, BUT it's not as smooth of a finish as you would get with a brush. Yes, your makeup gets on your face very quickly, probably twice as fast as with a brush, but the result is not the same. My EDM foundation looked like it was just sitting on my skin instead of being buffed in with a brush. Also, my nose area looked very powdery with this puff jar.

I think this is a great option for those "slap on the makeup days" or when you just need to get out of the house in a hurry. This is also really good for travel or touch-ups on the chin or nose area during the day. Oh and it's not messy!

on 4/20/2009 8:51:00 PM

I bought this only because it was buy one, get one free. It's a great idea, but i don't personally care for it. The mirror is great, but having it on top seems silly - it ends up getting dirty from my purse way quicker than it would if it was on the inside. Then again, it can't beon the inside because the powder would get all over it. Maybe they should try a flip-top covering the mirror on the outside? I dunno. Anywho, i'm not unhappy with it, but i wouldn't go out of my way to buy more.

on 4/15/2009 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I would only buy this product again if it came in a special (buy one get one free, etc). I used mine with a primer powder, and it has worked perfectly for that. I saw a video on youtube on how to dissasemble the sponge for cleaning. I have to try that sometime. It definetly makes carrying mineral makeup easier.

on 4/10/2009 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's impossible for me to touch up my face when using this jar. I've smacked it on my face and my hand a couple of times to get the powder out and sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesn't. When it does decide to work, the sponge does a poor job of blending the foundation into my skin. The result is a dark cakey mess that covers nothing. Save yourself the trouble and get a compact powder instead.

on 3/22/2009 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Although it does have its flaws like other MUA reviewers have said, to me, they are not bad enough to demerit the original purpose of this: touch ups. And the puff is so soft! For how well it works, and the ridiculous low price, I give this 5 stars!

on 1/17/2009 7:04:00 PM

First of all, just to let you know, I am an EDM enthusiast. I have been using their makeup for over a year now and will likely never go back to anything else. So, naturally, I want to try everything they make! This puff jar does have some design flaws (too bulky, makeup can get caked on and wasted in the sponge, mirror gets scratched up) but it does the job for what I need it for: touch ups. I would not recommend using this to apply foundation because you may not get an even application. It's perfect for evening out midday shine on the t-zone.

on 1/13/2009 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great idea, but... Feels like the flocked surface absorbs oils from the skin, rather than applying the powder on the skin.
Mine is used more like a blotting-uhm... whatever, rather than a powder applier.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools