October 25, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick - Daring Pink (622)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

The PERFECT warm-pink/red lippie. Sort of a medium intensity watermelon color. Like when a watermelon is really ripe .... that deep pinky-red color .... That's it! Absolutely g*o*r*g*e*o*u*s!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find this to be a really nice, wearable medium pink. After reading the other reviews I would say that I have to agree that is slightly red also. I like these Revlon Super lustrous lipsticks. If you are like me--liking a more subdued, nude lip--but would like to branch out to something just a little brighter this is great lipstick to try. I really like the consisitancy and I also like that it doesn't have any strong scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think the name suits the lipstick. I wouldn't consider this lipstick to be "pink" and if anything it is very wearable so it isn't "daring" either. I think this got some low reviews because the name didn't match the lipstick.

If you are looking for a sheer wearable berry red this fits the bill. There's a tiny amount of silver shimmer/frost to this lipstick (just enough imo), which makes the red a bit lighter, hence perhaps that's why they called it "pink". It's a red lipstick that you can put on without a mirror, doesn't scream hey I'm wearing red lipstick and goes with just about anything imo. I like it very much! Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Soliel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've decided that Revlon lipstick is my drugstore fave. The formula seems to have improved in recent years and they have a great selection of colors, especially in the pink, rose and mauve shades.

Being a fair, rather warm blonde with bluish-green-gold eyes, the pink shades suit me, but I need a color with a bit of pop. Advice in the beauty blogs and magazines says that the pale, nude colors suit someone of my complexion, but the pale tints wash me out.

Daring Pink fits the bill nicely for a clear pink right in the middle of the cool/warm spectrum. Like other reviewers have noted it is a reddish pink, and not too blue or too yellow.

This will become one of my favorite every day lip colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice reddish pink. Not hot pink, not fuchsia, but a simple reddish pink. It has a sheer texture with a few random pieces of gold shimmer, but far from a full on pearl. I think it looks great blotted for a cherry Popsicle stain look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the low rating...perhaps cause the name is misleading. It's more of a neutral-red that is quite wearable. I apply it lightly and it delivers a nice shade of color to my rosy lips. Even though it's a creme formula, I'd have to say it's not as smooth and creamy as the other SL shades, but still fun to have around when I'm wearing clothes that tend to be black or deep purple and red.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I hadn't tried a Revlon lipstick in years until I saw this one at the store and couldn't resist giving it a try. Daring Pink is a pinky red with no violet tones. It is labelled a "creme" but there are actually small shimmery pieces in it, which annoys me. You can easily see them as the lipstick wears off. The lipstick has no taste or smell which I appreciate. I will be wearing this in the spring, with a rosey lipliner and likely with some clear MAC Lipglass on top.

Daring Pink is a great choice for brunettes looking for a pink lipstick and not wanting something too light.

To me, who prefers a subdued look, this is daring, but in the world of lipsticks it's very tame!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice color, but as everyone else has already said, it's hardly daring. I'd hoped this would be brighter (I'd hoped the same about another new Revlon shade called Cha Cha Cherry), but it is a cute color that even those afraid of bold colors could probably pull off. I just don't find myself reaching for it very often, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the last reviewer that this shade is misnamed. From the bit I could see in the sealed tube, it looked like a very bright hibiscus pink. When I opened it, I found that it was less racy than that. Still, it's a pretty color. I'd call it a warm deep pink with slight gold shimmer... really nice for warm-toned PPPs who want a noticeable, assertive pink that doesn't clash with the complexion. I end up wearing this one a lot for that reason, but I would call it "Rich Pink" or "Deeply Pink" rather than "Daring." Someone who bought this hoping to push their personal envelope on bright lipsticks would be disappointed by its conservatism. I do like the Super Lustrous formula and packaging, though. Only thing (and it's slight) is that perle/frost shades like this tend to feel a bit grainy on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Daring?" mehhhh... it's a medium-deep pink with a small amount of shimmer. Neutralish, nice. Not matte.