July 28, 2014 | 2279 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lipstick- Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This is nice pinky brown nude that compliments my skintone quite nicely. No need for a lip liner or gloss....just swipe it on and I'm good to go. On my pigmented lips its very opaque so it gives me eventoned lips (top and bottom). Its not a matte so my lips don't feel zapped of moisture after a day of wear. I look forward to wearing this lippie into fall as I see it working perfectly with my fall eye palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by boobliana

This is one of the best lipsticks I have ever had , it matches my lips and it is good for day and night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

RIS so I gave it a 1 for price. I already know the whole story behind this shade of BB lipstick but I can't see how this could be a neutral for anyone except for people with darker skin. For this to work with me I have to put on a very thin layer with a lip brush, making it a pain in the butt to pull off outside of my home. Also, its a little stinky...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lippie from CCO for $15. I really like the color. On me it is a muted brown pink. It is a good neutral nude color on me. It feels a bit drying so i use a bit is lip balm underneath. I wear this with clear gloss on top and a medium brown lip liner. I can wear any eyeshadow combo with this lippie. I am NW 45.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Brown is the color of my lips. I know this for a fact, not only because I've gone through two or three tubes of it in my life, but because I was typed to Brown in the BB Lip System at the counter. (By all means, get thee to a BB counter and have them find your "natural match" lip color. It's entertaining, and it does help in thwacking your way through BB's 25 million "pinky brown browny pink pinkish brown" offerings.) In other words, "Brown" is a medium muted pinkish color. The SAs tell me this is Bobbi Brown's favorite color -- so I gather it's the lip color for many other people.

(The BB Lip System offers 12 other colors from her line that have similar undertones and are supposed to flatter you, in addition to the color that matches you exactly. Here's a link:

How does Brown compare with other BB colors? IME:

Tulle Brown: a slightly lighter, pinker Brown
Brownie: a more muted, "browner" Brown, though roughly the same depth of color.
Brownie Pink: Brown, but deeper. Midway to Raisin.
Raisin: a deeper, more burgundy Brown -- the suggested "deep" color for women who match Brown.
Nude: a slightly more golden, peachier Brown. Roughly the same depth.
Golden Brown: deeper than Nude, but similar.

I love BB's colors -- if you're muted, neutral-to-warm like I am, her counter is the best for finding flattering lipsticks. She practically makes a fetish of muted warm lipsticks. However, I seldom adore the formulas. The Lip Colors are a little too opaque and matte to be my faves, though I can make Brown work if I apply it with a brush over lip balm.This is a function of aging: In my 30s, Brown was the color I could swipe and go. Now I need something sheerer, like the Heather Mauve Creamy Lip Color, or with pearlescence, like BB Metallic Lip Color (formerly Lip Shimmer) in Vintage Rose. These days, those are the two I love for every day.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by L7206

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On my lips this feels like it came from the tube of 20 year old lipstick that my grandmother still keeps in her drawer. I have never tried a more drying, less comfortable lipstick in all of my 38 years. This is total garbage and the color looks like muddy sludge on cool toned women.I like Bobbi Brown eye shadows but I will never touch her lip products again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

For reference, I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and light beige skin with slight pink undertones. Close to very pale. Love the color, a deep brown red. My two favorites in this color range are this one and MAC's Twig. Twig is more red. Classic looking and not too powerful a color, I wear it to work all the time.The texture is fine, not too matte but on the matte side. I don't like sheer or shiny, so this works for me. It lasts enough so I only reapply a couple times at work, which is great for me. I will repurchase, its a keeper, a color that will always work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Surprisingly this works for my PPP complexion. I can completely understand when reviewers say it looks orange on their lips--this happens to me all the time BUT Brown is different on me, for some weird reason--it actually looks like a deep cherry.

Yes, it's drying but I'll deal with that if I can keep the color on my lips for a long time. It's definitely a gamble with BB lipsticks but I have zero pigmentation in my lips and I'm fair but it still works for me so who knows?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jkonstan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I regret buying this, the color looks horrible on me and I do not like the texture on my lips, I will never buy anything else besides mac...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by bangernosh

Brown is not an out of the ordinary color, in fact it's rather a bland pinkish brown. Don't get me wrong, it's very flattering on and I do love neutrals. It's the perfect everyday color. It's rather matte and I find I like a little bit of shine in my lipsticks, however it's easily fixed with gloss. Staying power is good. A few nice alternatives if you don't want to spend the $, are Covergirl Trushine in Blushberry or Clinique Tenderheart. Both offer a similar look but at a much better price & are a little more moisturizing. For reference, I a an NC30, brown eyes, warm toned.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No