October 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Natural Instincts in 28 Nutmeg Dark Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only at-home hairdye I've ever loved. It's also the easiest to apply. I wash my hair once a week so this lasts quite a while and looks really nice for weeks. I LOVE the conditioner included, as well; I make sure it lasts as long as possible. My hair is always nicest after I use it. The touch-up works just fine, too. Overall this package is a great value.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Beautiful color - shiny, healthy, rich color ...... and super easy to apply. Mild, non offensive scent. Great product EXCEPT it didn't cover my grey. What a shame. I love the color, but need grey coverage too. So I will not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

So i just died my hair this colour. i started out with light brown (faded from summer). after dying my hair, it turned out very rich, almost like chocolate. it feels very healthy. i left the conditioner in on the ends just to add extra moisture. i will keep you updated with the state of my hair over the next two weeks to see if any damage or wash-out occurs. otherwise, this is a fairly basic and simple product to get your hair a nice rich brown colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by BreezyKiss

Okay I tried this today on my already dyed but faded medium brown hair with highlights! It did come out way darker than expected so next time I would probably chose light brown in order to get a medium brown! It did leave my hair soft, silky, and shiny!I wish I had known it would come out this dark, but overall it came out fine. A very pretty color! I wouldn't say it was black, but a very dark brown! I'm sure since it is semipermanent it will fade! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cherrypow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

It's ok - it does a good job of dying your hair - just not the colour on the box. My hair looks black, and it's not a particularly flattering tone to my skin, makes me look kinda sickly. I was hoping it was just going to be a rich dark brown, it's not. It's not "multi dimensional" either - just a really flat/dark brown almost black colour. My hair before this was it's natural colour, a medium dark brown that just needed some shine and dimension. I'm glad this colour is temporary.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I had used Nutmeg Dark Brown for a few years, then switched to L'Oreal Excellence Permanent Dark Brown, since semiperm color wasn't lasting. I didn't like the stark white showing as my hair grew out, using the permanent color. So, I just switched back to Natural Instincts Dark Brown semipermanent(not called Nutmeg anymore??). I like how they've added 2 pairs of gloves, and was interested to try the touch up kit included. So, I used the color & liked it very much. Tried not to wash my hair every day, and color seemed to last a bit longer. It has been 2 weeks, so I applied the touch up kit using a brush - I only wanted touch up gray around my facial hairline. Well, not happy bec it turned a bit orange on me. Next month, I think I'll skip the touch up, and just use the kit every 3-4 weeks or so.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did not cover my grays at all. Waste of my time and money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

first time.

dyed my hair with prettia (sweet pink) but never touched it up so I got horrible roots (school schedule= can't do anything.) After half a year without touching up, I decided to just dye it back. I'm asian, so I thought I would go black to black, but that'd look harsh, so I picked a dark brown instead.

It says 10 minutes, but I accidentally left it in for about 13 since I forgot. Surprisingly, the color still came out wonderfully. It's a bit darker than what I expected, more like a soft black than brown, but I'd imagine that's because it's the first day. When it fades a bit to brown, I'll update.

Coverage is good, but in the light you can see the lighter hair color from my previous dye, but otherwise it's nice. The color still has a shine (unlike prettia which turn my hair into a dry sdfghjkl;) and looks very natural. Even and not streaky at all.

I have somewhat medium-long hair (ends at my breast) and what was in the container was JUST ENOUGH, so girls with longer hair, buy another box!

overall, I was impressed. Now to see how long it will last...
-----
EDITEDITEDIT
So after a while it turned to brown (a week or two) it's semi permanent but it's staying longer than expected. It also comes with a touch up packet (which I never used orz) if you want to keep the fresh color. I never used it because I don't like how dark it is right after dying it...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dch05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started getting grays and this is the first hair color I tried. I don't know if any of the others are any better, Permanent scares me and the demi, while I love the 28 Nutmeg color, it does fade pretty quickly for me. I use the sulfate free shampoo and it still fades. I love the color the first week. It is a nice deep rich and dark brown shade. It is pretty close to my original color, but removes the brassiness I often get from the summer. The smell is nice and doesn't seem to kill my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I had light brown roots and medium brown hair. Wanted to make it all even and chose this color. Came out medium brown roots and dark almost black hair. Still uneven....