October 23, 2014 | 888 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - La Roche Posay - Physiological Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Useless!!!!!! I bought this to remove eye makeup in a mild way after exercising, but this does NOT remove makeup! And I only use normal makeup; eye shadow and water soluble mascara! I have to repeat the cleansing process 3 times to remove all the traces of makeup!

If makeup and bacteria/sweat is left on the skin I usually develop acne and bumps on those areas - so unfortunately I say bye bye to this remover and wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

I prefer the bodyshop chamomile remover and Vichy's remover for water soluble makeup (the dark blue bottle).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Jopper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this eye makeup remover twice. I am almost running out and will buy it again, despite the $20 or so price. It is gentle with no smell. I find it removes makeup well, although all I really use is eyeshadow and mascara. I am not sure how it would fare with eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I actually really enjoy this eye make up remover. Recently I had a bad reaction to some eye shadow I was wearing, meaning that I literally have to go to bare bones make up, only a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. My eyes were really stinging and irritated when I used my previous eye make up remover, but when I switched to this one I found it soothing, non irritating and it got the job done. I had to work a little bit at getting the mascara to come completely off but I didn't have to scrub hard or anything. Its paraben free, fragrance free, rich in thermal water, and it made my eyes completely comfortable. Totally love it, would definately recommend and buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This remover is terrible. Granted I wear a lot of eye make up, but this was awful! Even repeated soaks with cotton wool didn't remove all of my make up. I was expecting a lot more for the price (9.50 in the UK). The only good thing was that it didn't irritate my ultra sensitive eyes, hence the 2 lippies. Disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by smilezw

Pros:

- very gentle, does not sting your eyes.

- very light, it feels like water when you apply it on.

Cons:

- It is not that effective. it does remove the makeup, but you need to be prepared that you need to use multiple times. especially for removing waterproof makeup.

- price is not as low as other drug store makeup remove. it costs around $20 for a 120ml bottle. there are better options out there with cheaper price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by courtisane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is not the most powerful make up remover but it is okay for my sensitive eyes and doesn't irritate them (gotta love the alcohol, paraben and fragrance free formula). It doesn't leave a greasy film on my eyelids afterwards (like Marcelle's "gentle make up remover for sensitive eyes" does). For those who wear massive eye make up, I do not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous poster in that this product isn't the best when it comes to eye makeup removal. That said, this is a wonderful alternative to oil cleansers when used all over the face. For two weeks I've been using it before my usual PM cleanser to remove sunscreen - I don't wear face makeup - and it's been helping my dry, flaky, red skin to heal. Where oil cleansers can be stripping, this makeup remover is soothing and I can really see the dirt and sunscreen it removes on the cotton pad. And unlike many pre-made oil cleansers on the market, it doesn't contain any oils that may clog pores. I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this in a little sample bottle from Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada), along with the Physiological Gel and Toner,

I have to say this has to be the WORST eye makeup remover I've tried. It's so bad that I think I might actually be using it wrong - but how on earth can you use eyemakeup remover in a bottle wrong? I think water just might actually be a better remover than this. With this, I literally had to scrub scrub scrub at my eye area to get the stuff out, and I was ONLY using a little bit of eyeliner, eyeshadow (used as a liner) and some regular mascara. All LRP Physiological did was spread the stuff around my eye area until I looked bruised (I wasn't even using that much makeup!), and then I had to scrub it off HARD afterwards to actually get the stuff off. Afterwards, my whole eye area felt dry and I had to moisturize like mad. So not good. Also, I was wearing that makeup for a good ten hours already, after a hot day in the sun sweating. There was absolutely no reason for the makeup to not come off. This is advertised for sensitive and contact-wearing eyes, and apparently "gently cleanses", but this is just so gentle that it's absolutely ridiculous.

The pros that I did find about this product though, was that I liked the smell; it was pleasant but not overpowering. Also, the makeup DID eventually come off well and everything was gone - but I also was scrubbing pretty hard and was using more liquid than I usually use with other regular drugstore removers. I have to admit I was using Urban Decay's Primer Potion on my whole lid area - but that shouldn't be an excuse for the horrible eye makeup removing ability. All other removers I've tried can remove the exact same eye makeup I was wearing in a couple of swipes - I'm not exaggerating. There is definitely not enough reason to buy this product, and I'm so glad I only got this as a sample. I currently use Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - the cheapest stuff I can find - and its fifty times better than this. I can't even imagine buying this at full price

I still can't get over how bad this product is, and I'm going to give LRP a benefit of a doubt, since this is a relatively reliable company. I have another sample bottle that I could use, and I also know other people who have gotten samples, just in case this one's a bad dud. Will definitely update if something different comes up.

Poloxamer 184, Aqua, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Sodium Glycolate, Sodium Diglycolate, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Allantoin, Poloxamer 124, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate.