October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Foundations - Kanebo - Lavshuca Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great substitute for my Maybelline Angel Fit Powder Foundation. It reminds me a lot of my previous HG powder foundation. Only that it is a bit darker and that it is a bit heavier to wear.

I bought this together with my Lavshuca Haul a few months ago but able to blog about it just now. Anyway, I bought it for only around HKD 65 over Watson's at Causeway Bay. Just lilke what I mentioned on my previous blogs, not all Watson's here in Hong Kong carries the Lavshuca line from Kanebo. So be sure to visit huge stores just like the one in Causeway Bay if you're looking for Lavshucas.

Anyway, I like the coverage of this powder foundation better compare to Maybelline's Angel-Fit Powder Foundation. Only that the color is not perfect for me, it's a bit darker, but when I choose the lighter one, it's too light for me. About the staying power of this powder foundation, it stays around 1-2 hours in my own experience and needs retouch after or else my face will be super oily.

I will not repurchase again since the color doesn't suit me. Good thing I didn't buy the compact! Only the refill! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation! It has a porcelain effect to my face. I love it and its super long lasting power too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

This provides quite decent coverage. A lot of people have commented how flawless my skin looked after I used the foundation (don't think they were aware that I was wearing foundation). It is not cakey at all. Has SPF which is a good bonus. It does wear off a bit by mid-day but I still think it is one of the best powder foundation I have used so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't usually use foundation but I decided to purchase this because the packaging was so cute and Lavshuca hasn't really disappointed me. This came out for spring/summer 2008 and it only cost about $15CAD altogether when I purchased it in Hong Kong. The case and the foundation is actually separate so you can't really escape not buying the case since I think it'll only fit the Lavshuca one. The case is made of plastic that has sort of a leather look to it and it also comes with a mirror inside. You get about 11.5g of product and according to Lavshuca you can use it wet or dry. There is no detectable fragrance, except the sponge has a weird rubber smell. This foundation isn't that bad for oily skin and it works very well at keeping my face matte, especially if I use the loose powder also by Lavshuca. I use the Baby Pink Jelly Base before I apply the foundation.
The only downside is it doesn't really last that long. The foundation also comes off easily even if I scratch my face very gently. I use a brush to apply a light layer on my face, but I find that if I try to layer on a bit more foundation to get more coverage, the foundation becomes kind of chalky and uneven especially if you use the sponge. I usually don't use a heavy coverage foundation since I like my face to look more natural and this foundation gives me that look if I put a light layer on. I probably won't buy it again since I most likely won't finish the one I got because of the chalky look it gives me.