November 28, 2014 | 1344 users online

Cleansers - Yves Saint Laurent - Pureness Satiny Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this cleansing oil. I'm on the lookout for something to replace my beloved Shu that I can get in the US without having to order over the internet. This cleansing oil is much thicker than the shu and I don't think that's a good thing. The fragrance isn't bad but it does have an unpleasant taste should you manage to get any in your mouth. YSL isn't kidding when they say this is for oily skin. It can leave my face feeling tight and I don't like that. I'll finish the bottle but will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the fact Occidental countries have introduced Oil Cleansers, but sadly all seem to be high end so they are expensive, maybe not as much as Shu. I have used full bottles of Lancome Oil Cleanser and also Chanel, this is by far the best of them all.

It feels thick and emulsifies very well and leaves the skin very clean although a bit tight afterwards. but all the ones I tried including shu and fancl seem to have the same effect on my skin.

I just love the fact that is so quick to cleanse the face with an oil cleanser, and that removes all Make Up, Sunscreen, mascara, everything in less then one minute! I just use a couple of pumps and spread throughly, use wet hands to emulsify and rinse. Perffect!

from the other I tried this has great package (pump dispenser, see through Bottle) as Lancome is messy and not a great frag. although then texture is not bad. Chanel is by far the worse with opaque bottle and an awful oil cleanser so thin and useless.

Anyway this is lovely as also it doesn't have Olive Oil that most seem to use or Sunflower Oil. Is not cheap but is very easy to get hold of everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's one of the best cleansing oils I've ever tried!! Seriously the price is outrageous ( 35 euros in Greece).

I wasn't planning to get it at first 1,5 years ago , but here there are very few brands that actually have cleansing oils, and I didn't want to try a solid form of oil , like Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm, or a gel form of oil like Clarins Cleansing Melt. Soooooooo I had 3 options: Mac's, Kanebo's or YSL's. Kanebo's is WAY more expensive than YSL's, and Mac's.............. well I kind afraid of Mac's skincare, or face stuff, most of the times they break me out, except 2 products. Soooooo YSL was my last option, but it was a sales period then and I didn't pay full price sooo I said to myself, why not!
It was a big risk since it was kind of a new product back then, and there were absolutely no reviews for it, obviously not a popular product like Mac's oil. But I'm glad I took the risk, since it's the best oil I've tried.

I have oily-combo, acne prone skin, which is also sensitive. I say oily combo, because it changes through the seasons.
In the past I've tried some Asian oils, thanks to a friend who lives in Japan, she was kind enough to send me some samples now and then. I've tried Shu's the pink, the yellow and the green one ( sorry I can't remember the exact names I can categorize them with its color), the pink and the yellow one made my skin super itchy, plus they broke me out within a few hours, horrible stuff for my face. But the green one was something else, it was very gentle, it didn't broke me out at all, until I found YSL's it was my number one. I also tried DHC's, horrible, it caused me cystic acne, plus it was very thick and I didn't like the smell at all!! I also tried the one from Orbis, nothing spectacular, but I have to say it was SUPER thick an sticky, I didn't like that texture, I prefer the runny texture at cleansing oils.
Fancl's Mild was also one ofthe few I tried, this one is the 3rd best I've tried so far. Indeed mild, plus it left my skin super moisturized, but again it had a thick texture.

I did this small comparison, to tell you that I completely adore YSL's Satiny Oil, and I prefer it from all these. It has a runny texture which I love, it emulsifies with water and turns out milky. I don't use it to take off my eye mu, I never use a cleansing oil to take off my eye mu, it's so hard to take it all of, plus the texture is heavy for my eyes, and I have sensitive eyes. I prefer oil base eye mu removers which don't have that heavy texture, like Dior's and Clinique's.
The bottle of YSL's oil is a 200 ml one, and I use about 3 to 4 pumps for my whole face ( except eyes), yeah I know it sounds a lot, but I like to use a lot. LOL . I massage my face with it well, for 2 - 3 minutes ,I use warm water to remove it ,and then I use my gel cleanser from Avene. I always do the 2 step cleansing method, because I'm very acne prone. But even with the 2nd cleanser I use, my skin is super soft, which also a reason why i love it. Within 1.5 years, I finsihed 2 bottles and now I'm about to get my 3rd one. ( and I don't use mu every day)

I hope I helped some of you, and I hope in the future I see more reviews for it, since I can see it's not very popular.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I was disappointed in this product. I was turned on to cleansing oils after using Shu Uemura’s Fresh formula (pink bottle), which worked wonders on my skin! My face was literally glowing and it was the clearest I had ever seen it. But after buying a second bottle, the Shu formula didn’t seem to emulsify well anymore, and it always left residue behind leading to breakouts. Since then, I've tried oils from MAC & Boscia, neither of which left a remarkable impression. Then I bought a bottle of YSL’s Satiny Oil, and was never really impressed. It doesn’t emulsify well and is so-so at removing waterproof makeup. I always use a foaming cleanser after this, which wasn’t exactly necessary with the other oils. And the pump falls off! In fact, every YSL counter I sampled this at had a faulty pump. I’ve tried a sample of DHC’s oil, which seemed to work great, so perhaps I’ll try that next. As for this one, I will continue to use it as a makeup remover but can’t see myself spending $38 on a bottle again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have uploaded even picture for this product.:-)) Why, becase the sample I had totally made me wanna have the full sized:-))) But it stays just with the wish, since it is IMO too expensive. At least in our country:-)

Well, beside that the product is just perfect. It is very mild and by surprise not overfragranced as IMO many of the YSL stuff or all of the other YSL cleansers:(

It is also IMO better than the MAC's. Why? Because MAC cleanser off oil makes so good emulsification with water that you literally get a milk. This is not so "milky", though could dry your skin a bit after a week or two.

Would recommend (and believe me this is probably one of the few YSL products (beside the YSL L'homme brush concealor I got for a present from my beloved friend:-)))!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lately I was having that my Estée Lauder Splash Away foam cleanser wasn't removing all my makeup like it should so I decided to opt for an oil cleanser which in my opinion removes makeup like no other, after a rather unpleasant experience with the MAC Oil Cleanser, I gave Yves Saint Laurent a try.

The oil is slightly less runny than MAC's and you massage your dry skin with your fingertips gently removing all your makeup. After a couple of minutes worth of massaging, rinse it all off with warm water and it emulsifies to a milky liquid (like MAC's) and you have pristine glowy skin with absolutely no trace of makeup (I tried it with Estée Lauder's Double Wear Light Foundation which I had trouble removing with the Splash Away), as a test I used my Kanebo cloth to make sure no makeup was left behind and it remained completely white. Also left my skin soft it wasn't pulling or feeling dry. It does have a bit of fragrance but it isn't overbearing. Although it has mineral oil, it hasn't broken me out (unlike MAC's) and I believe to have found my HG night cleanser.

Ingredients:
Paraffinum Liquidum (mineral oil). Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil. Polysorbate-85. Macadamia Ternifolia nut oil. Symmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil. Cetylethylhexanoate. Aqua (Water). Sorbitan Trioleate. C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate. Dicaprylyl Carbonate. Isopropyl Myristate. Parfum (Fragrance). Squalane. Tocopheryl Acetate. Butylparaben. Glycerin. Butylene Glycol. Enantia Chloranta Bark Extract. Bambusa Vulgaris Extract. Oleanolic Acid. "7YH02-1 ".

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No