October 30, 2014 | 1547 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Radiance Exfoilating Body Wash [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst body wash ever. Not exfoliating at all and you need to use a lot since it's very watery. I don't recommend this. The smell is not that good anyways

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Evelyn79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like so many other, I don't like the smell of this. At all. On the other hand, this is one of the few exfoliating body washes with chemical exfoliation. This doesn't have a lot of scrub particles in it, this has sugar cane and sugar maple extracts instead! I like to use this while shaving, works very well and chemical exfoliating effect have time to work. And the bottle is pretty. :o)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unlike other reviewers I thought this had a nice fresh smell, however it was not good value; despite being low in foam, it left my skin feeling really stripped and dry. I didn't even finish the bottle. One for oily skin on the body only, I think. No noticeable improvements in radiance either!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by pebbles30

I was on an "all natural products" kick and bought this body wash about four months ago. You have to use a lot of it-- since it's mostly natural, it doesn't lather the way you expect it to.
My big complaint with this product stems from the fact that I developed excruciatingly painful boils while using it. When I visited my dermatologist, she said she's seen a rise in infections (including MRSA) from people using all natural soaps. They don't get you clean enough, causing infection. Beware using this, and any other "all natural" soap or body wash!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by greenberyl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was having breakouts on my back due to hormonal changes and was trying to find a gentle yet effective cleanser. After trying several washes and soaps I bought this product hoping that the "exfoliating" description was true. It was. This wash did everything it said on the bottle and more. While low sudsing, it gave a gentle yet thorough clean to my whole body, without the cheap and nasty suds from SLS. I would apply it to my back first, suds it up with my hands and then leave it while I washed the rest of me. It is definite a chemical (fruit acids) and not a physical exfoliant - those jojoba beads weren't doing anything! But used daily it made a huge impact on the number of clogged pores, acne and oiliness on my back. The only problem is that in Australia it costs $20 - $25 a bottle, and you do go through it. I have been trying to find its (cheaper) equal to no luck. At least I knowl what I want for Christmas!
___________________

Review: March 2013
While I really like this body wash I think I have found my HG exfoliating body wash in Skinstitut's L-Lactic Body Wash! (see my review)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by tmiriamf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smelled absolutely rank, like hair dye. At first I thought I'd gotten a bad bottle but then I thought I'd check here to see if others felt the same way. After reading through the reviews I don't think I did get a bad bottle. I still can hardly believe it's meant to smell that way.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ic3fall

I have mixed feelings for this wash. On one hand I love the smell but on the other I don't see any exfoliating action going on. For the price I expected more out of this product since it is primarily an exfoliating wash I expected it to have more scrubby bits but it seems more of a slightly creamy liquid wash. I do love the smell but it isn't too strong or lasting a scent. Not sure if I will repurchase since there are better products out there...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Angiewe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Was given this as a gift.
Smell was OK for me - slightly sweet like warm honey.
Like a previous reviewer says it didnt lather and you dont feel clean.
The exfoliation beads are useless.
Wouldnt buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by brittanymarkle

The one thing I like about this product is that it is definitely moisturizing for a body wash. However, I never felt particularly clean after using it.

I'm on the fence about the smell. It's a little weird, but it's okay. Don't be fooled by how nice it smells in the bottle - the fragrance is significantly less pleasant when you wash with it. I can see where people get the "hair bleech" comments.

My biggest beef with this product is how much you have to use to coat your body! I use a shower puff and it takes soooo much product to get a lather. It's been 3 weeks and I've gone through 2/3 of the bottle! At $10.99 (in Canada) that is FAR too much to be spending on a daily body wash.

I will not be purchasing again... in fact I don't even want to finish the bottle I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by pepper1025

I'm surprised at the poor reviews! I love the smell of this, in fact my favorite part is how it leaves a very faint sweet smell on my skin. Yes it's very runny and the exfoliating beads don't seem to do much but that's what loofah's are for right?