July 22, 2014 | 2510 users online

Mascara - Becca - Ultimate Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara. Finally, after going through so many different types of mascaras and never quite settling on one, I've found the perfect mascara. It lengthens and thickens lashes, adding heaps of volume and you can build it up lots. If you go overboard it does clump a little, you just need to brush your finger over it gently and the lashes will separate again. It is a true black mascara. Makes my lashes look incredible! My friend who is a Becca makeup artist uses this and she looks like she is wearing falsies. I like to curl my lashes first because I don't find it very curling. It is a tubing formula, which means that you just need to wet your face with warm water when you remove your makeup, pull at the lashes gently and the mascara comes off in little tubes, which means it is so easy and much less messy than a normal formula. I just remove it in the shower. Because of this it can flake a little if you touch your eyes but if you leave them alone it'll be fine, and it NEVER smudges. Ever. Will definitely be restocking on this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I am a little obsessed with finding the best mascara. I am getting through dozens in my search! I want it to be smudge free, lengthening, defining, long lasting and easy to remove, oh and flake free. This ticks all of the boxes, IF used with a primer. Without the primer, if flaked like crazy. With the Lancome XL primer. This was HG stuff. UPDATE: After a couple of weeks, this started to flake, even with primed :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by XJanX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like it, its mineral based and is very nourishing for your own eyelashes. My lashes lengthen so much with this product and get so many compliments every day. it comes off really easily with eye makeup remover and I know there is no harsh chemicals on my lashes.

**Edit** I realised it does go clumpier quicker than regular mascara's with it being mineral based. Got Lancome hypnose for an early xmas prezzie and have to admit - its heaps better**

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by avoolka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Never again! The packaging is beautiful - and this is it! It is the only positive I have found about this mascara. Flaky, clumpy, smudges after couple of hours, while being removed leaves black circles under the eyes - terrible! I decided to try it after using other tubing mascaras Clinique Long Wearing and Blink - Becca does not get any near to them! For the price - extremely disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by tomlul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really disappointing. I bought it after having read some good comments in the press and seeing that it received some prices.
But I'm so disappointed.
First of all, I don't find it easy to use, the brush comes out with small packs and thus it's difficult to get the same quantity of mascara on all the lashes.
Second, it's good for lengthtening the lashes but not for thickening them.

So far my favourite mascara remains "Inimitable" from Chanel, it does such a wonderful job. I'll just stick to it again !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by jenncherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Really doesn't smudge all day, and doesn't flake (unless you rub your eyes)
Easy to take off with a damp cloth

I tend to favour mascaras which define and lengthen my lashes, and don't really go for volume (not that my lashes are naturally thick and voluminous!). I've been using Shu Uemura precise volume waterproof (not really volumizing despite the name!) daily for a few years now, which is excellent for defining and separating lashes, with a slight lengthening effect. This Becca formula seems very different, and while I enjoy the above benefits...

Cons:
Formula feels very wet and takes a while to dry
Clumpy - I feel the need to run a comb through my lashes, which I never do with the Shu mascara
Doesn't hold curl as well

I think it's a decent mascara, just maybe not for my personal taste. I am planning to use this more in the summer though, as in humid weather, even 'waterproof' mascaras smudge. But it's back to my trusty Shu.
I'm undecided about repurchasing. If it holds well during the upcoming summer, maybe.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

nice mascara but not comparable to my beloved giorgio armani eyes to kill. If you like a natural look with well defined lashed Becca's mascara does a good job. As previously stated by other reviewers it does not smudge and the tubular formula makes it very easy to take off at night. But if you like volumised and intense lashes ... this is not the right product (and I have very long and thick lashes). An OK product but nothing impressive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by maryandtheboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this mascara while it lasted. It gave natural soft looking lashes with a lovely sheen. Removal simply with warm water couldn't have been easier for sensitive eyes. The smell was also good (no tarmac road odour) and the packaging felt luxurious. After 2 months it dried up unfortunately and started to clump and leave fallout after a few hours. I would have liked if the formula had remained stable for longer. At that price I was unhappy to have to throw it out, full of dried product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by michalehr

I think I have finally found my HG mascara. This mascara makes my eyes look pretty. I've been using tubing mascaras for the past couple of years since everything else ends up under my eyes, and have used Fiberwig (not bad), Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge (not as good) and Clinique's version (my least favorite). Becca's is by far the most dramatic, but in a soft and pretty way. As another reviewer mentioned (and whom I thank because I might not have given it another chance) this mascara flakes badly the first couple of times you use it, but after that it stops - and no flaking or smearing all day long. So I would very much recommend buying this, but while you have another mascara around for the first week or so. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lumjiwing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Used Diorshow mascara which thickened and defined your lashes with their nice rubber brush but still smudged since I get pretty oily on my eyes at the end of the day~racoon eyes again!

Got this coz I like Becca and this was on a sample sale. First of all, don't take the word "ultimate". It's far from being ultimate. It should be called "natural". Maybe if Diorshow has one that doesn't smudge, that is an ultimate.

Wore it once on a friend's wedding party. Never smudged a bit. It worked the way as said. Gives your eyes defined lashes and it comes off in narrow tubes as you wash your face and rub your eyes with water. No cotton pad or eye mkup remover needed, so it's good for sensitive skin. Works the same way as mascara by Imju on Sephora.com. Imju is more inky / watery and Becca is drier.

For those who want dramatic lashes like what the maybelline sells, long and thick, DO NOT get this (and neither Imju)!!! You will be very disappointed. It's only for those who want a bit fuller and defined lashes that still look natural on a work day. Becca is never about drama look~

This is expensive so I guess I will get mine on ebay when I finish it. Just doesn't worth to pay this much for a natural mascara look.