August 21, 2014 | 1942 users online

Concealers - Ben Nye - Highlight Wheel SK-2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ogtofu

I bought this because of the reviews here, but I've got to say, this is so overrated. It really isn't as amazing as you guys claim. Sure, it's a little more moist than other concealers, but it will never be my HG. The colors are so dead, it's no wonder it's theatrical makeup. Anyone could look like a vampire with this concealer. You have to be sure to have a really good makeup base because this can cake! Don't think it won't because of these reviews. Mixing and blending to get my perfect shade was nearly impossible. The beige is the only one that looks SKIN colored, but it is way too light! The darkest one is red/orange! The other two in between are yellow and pink/peach. These aren't even human colors! Need I remind you, it's theatrical makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Anna7

I bought this product becuase of MUA reviews and at first I was a little uncertain, buying it from a theatrical makeup store. The low price, I thought, would make the potential disappointment a little more bearable. I'm very happy to report however, that the product is nothing short of fantastic.

It was delivered three days ago, and I decided to try it immediately the next morning. Application was easy, very creamy texture. You can apply as much or as little as you wish, without making it look artificial. What makes it great are the four different shades that blend easily, so you can match your skin tone perfectly, which is extremely refreshing after having tried concealers that had appeared the right color in the store, but then didn't match my skin at all, and highlighted imperfections instead. Another challenge for me is that some areas of my face are very dry, others are rather oily, so I need a concealer that doesn't add to the dryness and stays put in the oily parts.

Well, after a day at work and grocery shopping in the evening, the concealer was still concealing, didn't cake, didn't disappear, and didn't react with my powder in any way, absolutely amazing.

The following day was actually even longer, we went out for dinner and got home rather late. I inspected my face very closely after we got home and, just as I had been quietly hoping, the same continous coverage and not a bit of cakey look.

Today was extremely humid. A day when you feel as if in a hot soup the moment you step out the door. So, I thought to myself, let's see how that thing fares in that kind of weather. Well, after a day of running errands, getting into a steamy car, blowing AC in my face on full, getting out right into the soup, in and out of air-conditioned spaces, hours of fun like that, I just had to share with everyone how great that thing is - at the end of the day, the only two products still in place on my face looking as if I just applied them are the Ben Nye concealer, and the Shiseido hydro-powder eye shadow.

I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by pordanil

THE best concealer I have ever used. It has great coverage, goes on smoothly, and dries to a smooth finish within seconds. I use it on my mom, and it doesn't sink into her fine lines at all... The colors are ideal for mixing the perfect skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by stephel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wouldn't you know it. I've tried just about all the "best" concealers (e.g., Shu Uemura, Laura Mercier, Chanel), and finally found the true winner for a fraction of the price. I felt a little odd buying what some characterize as "stage" make up, but I got over that the first time I applied this concealer. The consistency is fantastic. It's thick enough to cover my dark circles, but creamy enough not to cake. The multiple colors enable me to mix the perfect match, which I could never quite find with a one-tone concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by zayala

I use this mostly as a concealer - Topped with a little powder this is great, very thick and stays put!For blending and application I recommend warming the top layers of the wheel to thin it out just a touch, with a blow dryer (or your breath!) Whether you have fair skin like me or not, it's made for everybody between the very light and dark. I got this for 9.99 from a costume shop and it's proven that it will last quite a while.
UPDATE- Re-purchased on sale for 4.50 and still has been the best under-eye/everything concealer I've ever used. Def recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2004 9:23:00 AM More reviews by SallySueHelliwell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This set of concealers is excellent for blending, and with a little work, I have found I can achieve color match . It also is dense and covers better than anything else I have tried. Not expensive, for the value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2002 9:05:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Awesome set of concealers. Great consistency. Good for mixing. Dense coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 10:06:00 AM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I mix three of the colors from this wheel (the pale peach, the light and the medium shades) with a little BN Mellow Yellow-2 and get as close a skin match as I believe is possible. Time consuming, but results are worth it: great coverage of my hereditary dark circles. If you're fair-skinned and like the LM Secret Camouflage concept, but don't want to pay her prices, check this professional line out. The light color also makes a terrific, subtle highlighter without shimmer.