April 20, 2014 | 1313 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Quad - Tropical Fusion

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This quad is beautiful on my hazel eyes. My favorite of the four is the orange shade, and the deep blue shade but honestly all the colors are so nice and if you want to experiment with color i reccomend this palette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I normally hate Cover Girl eyeshadows. I remember my Mom used to buy them for me when I younger and just starting out, and even then I hated the color selection and thought they applied patchy on my lids. I was trolling through Target a few weeks ago and had a buy two get two dollars off coupon for Covergirl, and since I was getting their Jumbo Gloss Balm, I figured I might as well get something else. This was sitting with a bunch of drab eyeshadows, which is probably why it popped out at me with its bold colors. According to Cover Girl, this quad of four "great shades is designed to make your eye look go from day to night. They blend effortlessly to bring your eyes out beautifully, without overshadowing. Experiment using them together or as single shades". Well then. The shadows, right to left, are a dark blue, a slightly sea foam teal, a burnt orange shade, and a slightly rusty lime green.
The dark blue: is matte, has medium pigmentation, applies nicely if not slightly powdery.
The sea foam teal: is my favorite of the bunch. It's medium to full pigmentation, slightly buttery, matte, and applies rather nicely, but again, slightly powdery on the lids.
The burnt orange: is a close second. It really compliments my eye color. It has medium pigmentation, applies smoothly and not too powdery, and blends easily.
The rusty lime green: has low pigmentation, but is a lovely color. Applies nicely, but is more of a sheer wash of color.
How I wear them: I normally wear them with a bright pink lip (the jumbo gloss balm in watermelon twist!). I apply a primer and put the teal shade all over the lid, then the darker blue on the outer third. I use the burnt orange in the crease and apply the lime green to the inner third. I use a highlighter shade (Aussie from the Stila Travel Palette in Sensational in Sydney or Milani Runway Eyes in Lily White). Then I appply Essence gel liner in Midnight in Paris if I want a darker look, or just apply mascara.
The staying powder: ehh. Around five to six hours before the colors begin to fade, so I do need to touch up throughout the day which is a pain, but I love the colors so much that it's not a big deal for me.
The packaging: it comes in a black tray with four sections for the shadows and a fifth rectangular space below them for the double ended sponge tip applicatior, which I haven't used. A flip up plastic lid in on to, and on it in silver lettering is "COVERGIRL". The bottom *did* have a label on it, but I peeled it off because it looked really cheap. The packaging is decently chic and looks like a ten to fifteen dollar product, at least.
My overall thoughts: I really like this quad. I found it for 4.50 at Target and love the shades for summer. The formula isn't too good, but the colors are amazing and I think they're worth it. I would repurchase and reccommend because it's so cheap and I haven't seen shades like these before. For summer, this is a great bargain. With improvement to the formula, this would be a five lippie product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I bought these because they were cheap, funky eyeshadows. I do like the colors in this set. You can create all kinds of fun looks. But these are not quality eyeshadows and must be reapplied because the color fades over time. They also tend to crease quickly, so they do need touch-ups. The package also tends to open randomly in my makeup bag, which means that one day I know I am going to have an eyeshadow explosion in there. This is not a bad product, but is not a high-quality one either. I recommend these shadows to those who are looking for an inexpensive funky look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this quad last year around spring time to play around with colors without spending too much money. My favorite shades have got to be the orange and deep blue. I love to use the orange all over the lid, but you do have to pack it on....it's not the best quality shadow but it's really pretty if you work with it. I don't feel bad packing on the shadow since the quad was so cheap anyway. Then, I love to use a mixture of the two blues underneath the eye. Perfect tropical look without trying to hard. I dislike the lime green/yellow shade, it's hardly pigmented at all even if you try to build it up, and it just ends up looking chalky. Still a decent quad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kimberlygrace

I bought this quad a few months ago, mainly because it had nice-looking orange & blue colors, which are my school colors. I had wanted to wear them for sporting events & such. The colors go on pretty much exactly how they look (for my skin-tone, anyways). The blue is a nice, dark, sparkly color. The teal is probably one of my favorite colors I own-- it's a pretty sea-green, & it looks really pretty when I fade in some white with it. The orange is great, & isn't a blaze orange (though I do like the blaze orange color, just not on my eyes). It blends well with white if you want to lighten it. & the yellow is nice, but I don't use it much. Yellow on my lids looks weird, but I found blending it with the blue looks nice, if you use white in between them. & if you don't have a neutral quad, you can blend the orange & yellow just right to make a brown-ish neutral color. I love this product, & it will definitely be purchased again once I finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing this quad for a few months now and it was finally on sale for 5.99 cdn instead of 6.99 cdn and I HAD to grab it. I really like this quad because since I wear glasses and I rarely put on my contacts I need colors that pop behind my glasses and this does the job. I'll take the jade green and put it all over my lid and on my lower lash line, then take the dark blue and use it in the outter V and use it over the jade on my lower lash line. After I take the orangey looking color and use it in my crease and take the lime green and use it as my highlight. I find my eyes pop and the look is amazing! The reason I gave this a 4 though is because the orange color can be a bit powdery. I'm glad I was able to find a wearable look using all of the colors. It's a great spring/summer quad and since spring is coming up I highly suggest you buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by xchavirax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Like This Eyeshadow For Under My Lower Waterline. I Do My Black or Brown Winged Liner On Top, Nothing In My Water Line, And the Color I Want Right Under It. I Find These colors Super Pigmented For That. However, I Do Use A Swipe Of UDPP Under It For Staying Power And Increase In Pigmentation/Stick. You Can Also Probably Dip Your brush in Water or Contact Solution (The Titanium Dioxide Will Intensify Color and Staying Power).

I Haven't Tried Them For All Over Lid. And I Probably Won't Finish This Quad, But if i did: Repurchase.!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Covergirl's Tropical Fusion quad containing a bright deep blue, a turquoise, a peachy orange, and a bright light green. This quad retails for $6.99. Boyfriend bought this for me as a gift, it was purchased at Giant Eagle.
Packaging is a blue see-thru pan with a clear plastic lid. The compact seems cheap and flimsy, but at least its not hard to open. A double sided sponge tip applicator was included, but it was rough and oddly shaped, so I tossed it.Visually this quad is appealing because of the combination of bright colors.
Pigmentation of these shadows is pretty impressive, especially for Covergirl. The turquoise shade is particularly pigmented. The orange shade, while still decently pigmented, isn't quite as colorful as the rest of the shades, and kinda seems out of place. I haven't quite figured out a way to work it into a look that includes the other 3 colors. Well I have, but it didn't look good.
Even though they're pigmented, these shadows need a little help. They're a bit powdery and can get muddy when blended. I suggest using them over a white base like NYX White Eyeshadow Base.
All of these shades are matte, except the turquoise which has some shimmer. They're very easily blended for matte shadows. They blend a little too well actually, and when over blended can become muddy. But with careful, light blending these shadows can transition seamlessly and create a very pretty gradient effect.
I get about 6 hours of wear before a bit of fading sets in. Creasing is also minimal and sets in about the same time. I can't speak for how these shadows work without primer.
All up this quad is ok. Pigment and blending are good. Wear is ok. But not as good as I'd like for $7. Admittedly I only bought this quad because of the hype on YouTube like two years ago. I think it lived up to the hype well. I recommend trying it, its one of Covergirl's better eyeshadows. But hopefully you're able to pick it up on sale or with a coupon. And bless you if you can find a way to incorporate all four shades in a pretty look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by xoAnnieBananiexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the lime green and orange colors. I only use the blue and teal colors on special occasions, but when I feel like wearing those colors on normal days, I only apply them on my lid and blend some white eyeshadow into the color to make it less dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by asd1random

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The blue and the teal-sea-green are beautiful.They are quite intensely pigmented and have a sligthly shimmery-metallic look. (although not a whole lot). Both these colors have pretty decent lasting power and are quite easy to blend and overall good quality.
The orange-peachy color is less pigmented, but it works as an everyday lid color for me.
The lime-green color never ever shows up on me and might show up in lighter skins, but i dont really see the point of that color as its not even pretty and its bad quality anyways, but then when did you last buy a palette where you liked ALL the colors in it?

So in conclusion, this palette is a nice buy if you get sudden whims to wear bright colors shadow (like I do) and don;t want to spend a fortune for those 25-odd days in a year when you do wear them.

I apologize for over use of hyphens :-|