July 26, 2014 | 972 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Pearl Beige Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a concealer, it's an illuminator. It's listed on the ED site under illuminators. It doesn't cover up so much as draw light to dark areas. This is essentially a very soft, semi-sheer pearl eyeshadow.

The pearlesence is a true pearl, there is no sparkle here. It gives a very fine sheen to the skin instead. The pigmentation is weak which explains why the pink version is more popular than this beige version. The pink version would blend in with most skins a lot better and be less obvious.

I used this as an undereye illuminator and it does indeed bring light to a traditionally dark area without looking cakey. The only thing is, you really need to apply your foundation over it otherwise you'll look like you've put pearl eyeshadow under your eye. If you want something to brighten up the corners of your eye or to swipe a fine line under your lower lid then this is the ticket. Similarly if you want to add a dewy glow to your cheekbones it's also a good choice. If you are wanting to conceal something you need a different product entirely. I have no idea why it's listed as a concealer here.

It's not a wonder product or even the best illuminator I have ever used. It's just a standard illuminator with a soft feel and good pearly glow. The colour is pinker than it shows on the website but the pigmentation is so low and it's very translucent that it honestly wouldn't matter what colour you bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ana_bela

I mix a sprinkle of this into my Almay TLC foundation when I want a bit more coverage, and it provides that without going cakey or making me look like I'm wearing greasepaint. It blends super-easily into the foundation, so it's easy to apply.
I'm not sure if it adds a glow or sheen - my skin's super oily so I'm constantly blotting and powdering anyway to avoid that look. I tried it as a highlighting e/s, and it was a little too concealing and intense - looked just plain weird, like there was no circulation around my eyes.
I wouldn't consider using this as a concealer. But using it off-label, as an additive to my foundation (and I rotate through a few), works great.
I've noticed that my skin stays more matte when I use this - it actually seems to be holding some of the oil back. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by gmarias

I thought this stuff was a miracle - at first. I put it on my eyes and was amazed at how awake I looked. It completely covered my dark circles and really added light to my eye area.

Then, a couple of hours later, I went to the restroom and as I was standing over the sink, I happened to glance up and notice my eyes. It looked like someone had painted some sort of metallic paint over them. It was INCREDIBLY obvious. I had a weird sheen over my eyes and you could tell exactly where the concealer had been applied. It was awful.

I've tried mixing it with various concealers and bases and though some lessen the effect, the metal look always makes it very obvious and weird looking.

I love EDM, but this stuff is just terrible - unless you're looking for some sort of shimmery eye shadow. I prefer a more natural look, so I have no further use for this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The finish of this is metallic, not pearl. Useless as a concealer for me. But, it may be good for mixing into matte eyeshadows and blushes. A tiny bit of this in a sheer blush and voila: Highlighter :-) Edit 23/9/10: This was listed as a concealer at the EDM website when i bought it. And the finish is definately not pearl, it is absolutely metallic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by darkpoet

I found it hard to use as a concealer, but then again, I don't have a problem with dark circles around my eyes, so I can't appreciate it as a concealer anyway. However, I've been using it as a highlighter, and I mix it with my neutral matte shadows to give my eyes a light sheen. It actually works out very well as a natural daytime look. The staying power isn't great, but with a shadow primer, it lasts relatively longer than your average eyeshadow. I love it as a highlighter and an alternative to white/silver sheen colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by brkrtxbrb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Along with Aussie Perk Me Up and Pearl Sunlight, another excellent highlighter and eye brightener!
PB and PS make AuPMP.
I love that it is a fabulous eye brightener on the more subtle side compared to AuPMP. It works really well applied with the E.L.F. Studio Blush Brush on the entire eye area and just under the eye. There are no obvious sparkles or in-your-face brightening. It just looks like you have naturally alert and bright eyes.
Whether you choose PB or AuPMP probably depends on your undertones. (This is why some folks find Pick Me Up Pink a better redness concealer than regular Sunlight and vice versa.) PB is more pinkish than AuPMP. So while I love it, I tend to reach for AuPMP first because it also contains PS. The balance is better for my olive skintone.
Get samples and then prepare to fall in love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I don't use this as a concealer. I add it to my translucent finishing powder to give me the slightest subtle glow. It does for me what I wish Aromaleigh's Metamorphosis would do, create an airbrushed look without chunks of glitter. A tiny bit really goes a very long way and I'm still working on my sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this based on the reviews. I don't use this as a concealer, but as a highlighter and undereye brightener. After applying my foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, contour (if using) i then take a fluffy powder brush and dust this all under my eyes on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, on my chin, on my cupids bow and a little on my forehead. Then i buff it in slightly so it melts with the rest of my makeup.
I also take a small fluffy es brush and dust this on my inner corners of my eyes to really make my face glow.

What i love about this stuff is that it does not have shimmer particles, or glitter. It is what the name says a pearl beige. The pearl effect is subdued by the light buffing, and my skin is left with this impecable glow, that i have been getting constant compliments on. Even up close in the mirror I cannot see any distinct sparkle, just a luminescent glow. It does not give me raccoon eyes, it is not overly glowy. Perhaps the trick is to use a small amount and blend it out.

Overall, I think i have found an HG item for a small price tag. I am ecstatic :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Tsukichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this sample as part of the new "Try Me" free sample Color Corrective package, and it's probably my favorite out of the 3. On my light/med olive skin, this concealer shade is pretty light, so I apply it underneath my foundation. It's great when used to highlight the inner corners of your eyes.

I mixed a little with Abbot's Perk Me Up (a peachy concealer used to combat dark undereye circles) and they seem to compliment each other well, because Abbot's alone is a little too pigmented IMO to be used on lighter skin tones.

I like that it has the potential to be used as an e/s or brow/cheekbone highlighter, and because of that I might buy it again someday. But as a concealer, it's just so-so.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by sativaspitzer76

Well I have to disagree with the majority of the posters on here, which must mean I am extremely pale, but this is an ideal concealer for me! It also does not settle into the fine lines under my eyes. It covers my dark circles better than any liquid or everyday minerals concealer. Pearl beige also reflects light, but i do not notice any shinyness (sp?) or sparkliness. Just great all day coverage! Cool fair ladies stock up!