December 22, 2014 | 1855 users online

Lip Gloss - Silk Naturals - Birthday Suit lip gloss

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so much, and had eyed it for about a year before putting in an order. Firstly, I like natural cosmetics IF they work better for me than stuff like, say, MAC. However, the scent of waxy gloss is awful, I'm slightly picky about scents and hate this one. It reminds me of Burt's Bees lip shimmers, which I also disliked the scent of. It's not scent per se, it's whatever product smells like that, that gets used in the ingredients list. Also, the color itself is too dark and brownish for my coloring. I need a bit more pink to my nudes, as I'm quite fair but with dark eyes/hair. Finally, it dries out my lips too much after one day of wear. Bummer. The price was nice though, so it's not too much of a loss. I won't be trying any more shades, I'm glad I just bought one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bobitarocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this gloss after reading the positive reviews and hoping that an all-natural product would be gentle on my lips, which are extremely sensitive. The best part of this gloss was the color, which was a perfect MLBB shade for me. It's a very creamy product; packaging is OK, but then again I care more about the content. Unfortunately, this one dried my lips out completely, so perhaps I'll be going the all-chemical route in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Berceuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this gloss. The texture is nice, the gloss lasts, and the color's great. It's pinky-brown nude and on the darker side...it's actually only slightly darker than my pigmented lips, but on others with lighter lips it may turn out to be darker than expected. Someone else mentioned that it is a very sophisticated color, and I have to agree! Definitely recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Atrox

A bit darker than I expected- not nude for me (I am very pale though). Mediocre staying power, not shiny but not matte. I like that is is made from more natural ingredients and will continue to buy from Silk Naturals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by krjcmc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I enjoy this lip gloss quite a bit. It's marketed as "the perfect nude lipgloss" and for me, it really is. It is just pigmented enough to show up, but not over the top. I have been a fan of Bobbi Brown's "Brown" lipstick for quite a while, and this is similar in the pinky/brown tone to me. I get compliments when I wear this shade as it seems to be just enough to brighten up my face but still be subtle. One thing that is a bit iffy on these for me is the packaging and texture. I like the skinny tubes, but the gloss has a tendency to melt in warmer temps and I tend to like to carry gloss or balm in my pocket at work and this tends to make the gloss soft and it can kind of break up into little chunks then when I apply it. These tubes also bug me just for the fact that a lot of times when you roll them up, they don't roll back down. (I have tried other glosses in similar packaging that pretty much do the same thing, so I don't think this problem is unique to SN - it is more of a manufacturing issue with the tubes.) So - lesson learned is don't roll them up until you have to, and then just a little bit at a time. I am even getting to where I prefer glosses like this OVER Bobbi Brown lipstick (this is a huge thing for me) because the glosses are so moisturizing. And for the color and reasonable price, I can handle the packaging and texture issues.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by melocoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This a perfect natural pink brown colour. I own lots of these nude type shades from many companies and this humble little one is one of the best I own. The packaging is not the greatest, more lip balm style, but it is so inexpensive that you cannot complain. The colour is nicely pigmented and is really moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by scridsrolls

A lovely nude-ish shade; very muted tone of brown, with the slightest hint of mauve. It is darker than I expected and looks very sophisticated. This is not a very warm color; it could use a little more pink. It is sheer however, and very nice anyway. The color works well overall, and could easily be warmed up a bit layered over something pinker. Silk Naturals lip products come in slimline twistup tubes with a plain sticker plastered on; very cheap looking, not the snazziest packaging, but it works. I disregard this due to the wonderful nature of these lip products. For less than five bucks, I don't mind. They are pigmented quite well; these are more like sheer lipsticks than a true gloss. They are made with organic oils and waxes with a hint of natural vanilla sweetness. I love these lipglosses; they are incredibly moisturizing and silky. There are no nasty fake chemicals in these, no silicones or anything like that, just natural ingredients. They are not sticky at all; just smooth and heavenly. I keep ordering these, I can't seem to stop. They are that wonderful if you pick good colors for yourself...

Ingredients: Castor Oil, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Beeswax, Candelilla Wax, Caranuaba Wax, Mica, Flavor. May contain: Iron Oxides, FD&C colors