November 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lipstick - Mineral Fusion - Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by starmie104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BACKGROUND: Needed a lippie that matched my previous HG, Lancome Color Fever Dewy Shine 101 (what it lacked in staying power it made up for in moisture and easy application), and decided, on a whim, to look for a color match while shopping for groceries at Whole Foods. Found Mineral Fusion's Inspire as a close match, but also saw Alluring as the lipstick I was looking for but two shades darker - needing a darker lipstick, I went ahead and took the plunge with Alluring without sampling it at the store first.

PRODUCT: Texture is light and straight-forward, not very moisturizing. However, the precision, level of pigment, and staying power is great. The color straight from the tube came on too strong, but nothing some blotting and gloss couldn't fix (I added Stila's Apricot for a shade that perfectly complemented my natural blush). Super nice plus is that I haven't seen any lipstick stains on the wineglass I'm drinking from so far! Disliked the vaguely crayon-y smell/taste, although I imagine that may partially be from from its absence of artificial add-ins.

VERDICT: Worth it - when used for nights out and special occasions, this will last a long long while. I would definitely repurchase, and am interested in trying other shades. This is great for what lipstick is supposed to do - provided a solid, flattering base of color - and lets you play with gloss and balm to your heart's content while providing fool-proof coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in Pure---on the website it looks like a lavender mauve, but IRL it's a lovely semimatte pinky nude with a hint of shimmer. It LASTS! For such a creamy feel and nondrying finish, the lasting power is really fantastic. It's definitely a MLBB and I love it... however, the $16 is a pretty effective deterrent (I got mine from a friend who works in a Whole Foods, who received a free tester and didn't like the shade), and I would not at this point repurchase. That may change if I go try other colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Mineral Fusion Cosmetics line was featured at my local Whole Foods, so I took a look at the lipsticks and fell in love with the color Gem. It looked like the perfect red for my pale skin and dark hair. When I went home and looked it up online, it was described as a "shimmering cranberry plum" shade. I don't see plum, but I do see a beautiful, soft, subtle red shade -- a very natural blushing red color. I think I have found my Holy Grail lipstick. I've read that pomegranate extract and rooibos tea can stimulate collagen, so I consider this a plumping lipstick. But Gem is just... wow. It is an amazing red. I don't think I will ever be without it. It is definitely a cranberry red, but also a pomegranate red, a true pomegranate red. My lips look softly red, as though I've bitten or kissed or been wind-burned. And the formula is so moisturizing and nourishing! I hope this brand and this shade stick around!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these so far.And have to say I am impressed.
Top reason for purchase, natural ing. -- love that!
Second, the color- "Intensity", a you but better. Rosey pink, face brightening color. I think I love this! I also put a bit on cheeks and it is lasting there. And let me tell you on the lips, it goes and goes. It has a matt slightly creamy color. You can top with a gloss easily and no bleed.