April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream liner Chocolate Lustre / Cocoa Shimmer Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Gittel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have the duo for this product, but I do have the single eyeliner in Chocolate Lustre. I love this eyeliner. It doesn't tug on my eyes during application and it doesn't smudge throughout the day. It is a dark-medium brown color with, not an over bearing shimmer or chunks of glitter, but a faint sparkle. I remove this with Clinique's rinse off eye makeup solvent on a q-tip and it is not too hard to remove. I will definitely re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ll22

I love these two eyeliners seperately so to get them together is great! These cream eyeliners are the only ones I wear...they go on effortlessly and the color lasts all day, plus they're subtle enough if you're looking for just a soft, defined eye!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mimie

I can say i'm pretty difficult when it comes to eyeliners and i rated this prodct as the best so pretty much this means it is the best product i have tried. To be more specific : it does not smudge or anything like that, lasts loooong, has great smooth texture and is the beest(!) colour!! ok about the colour maybe its just my subjective opinion. However about all the other benefits if you try it, you'll see it's true! I absolutely recomend! oh plus: the price is very good! It's not expencive but of really good quality :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I reviewed these colors separately as well, but the duo is also worth a review. As a duo you get the best of both worlds. Great shades of brown..and honestly, the word "brown" doesn't even do it justice...so chocolate is def the more appropriate word! I love the metallic finish of both shades- it def brightens up your eyes. The Chocolate luster color is the deeper of the 2, and I can see it flattering on almost everyone. The other (cocoa shimmer) as I said in it's own separate review, is almost borderline champagne but has more pigment, making it more light brown metallic. So pretty and lights up the eye without even seeing it that much! I didn't think it would do anything since it looks lighter than what I usually wear, but it makes your eyes look pretty. Love it, definitely get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by JSH812

LOVE! Holy Grail, will always buy, in every color. Enough said. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Clinique's cream liners and have been faithfully using them for years. The formula is so smooth and it stays put all day. I had a full sized version of Chocolate Lustre already in my stash but wanted to try the Cocoa Shimmer as it seemed like such a pretty compliment. To be clear, the Cocoa Shimmer color did not show up on my upper lids (I'm an NC20). However, it ended up turning out incredibly natural bottom liner for my lower lids. I usually don't like wearing liner on my bottom lids because I think it can look heavy but Cocoa shimmer gives the perfect amount of coverage for a natural look. You may need to run it back and forth a few times on the lower lid to get it to show up but once it does build to the right level, it looks great with my blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by InMySocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Clinique Chocolate Lustre / Cocoa Shimmer Duo Cream liner Eyeliner Pencil. I received this as part of a set. I really like this pencil. It was my first experience with a Clinique eyeliner. Both colors are very flattering and true to their names. These cream liner pencils are listed as water-resistant not waterproof. However, this one stays put better than any of the waterproof liners I own. I tested them all on the back of my hand. This one didnít budge even after repeated hand washing though out the day. The Chocolate Lustre color is available in the regular line. The Cocoa Shimmer color is not. I hope that changes in the future. I was so impressed with this pencil that I will buy more Clinique Cream Liner pencils in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

My favorite pencil eyeliner used to be from Armani - but no longer. The cream liner from Clinique goes on very easily without any pulling, it doesn't smudge or smear, and the colors are great (not to mention, Clinique is less expensive than Armani). My new HG of eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this eyeliner......sooooo glad I got it!!! The chocolate lustre is the perfect brown liner....no strange red or other color undertones, just a perfect brown with a hint of shimmer. gives my eyes a ton of dimension and makes them 'pop'. the cocoa shimmer looks like a great color to use under the eye because it perfectly compliments the chocolate but is a lighter shade with hints of grey in it. The cocoa unfortunately does not go on perfect and smooth like the chocolate....it barely shows up :/ this duo is worth it just for the chololate liner because it is sooooo great! glides on perfectly! I make the cocoa work for me by making a few passes with it, then lining the lower 1/3 with the chocolate (as well as the upper lid) so that the lighter color just shows on the middle and inner bit of the lower rim and adds some dimension. would definitely buy again! I love clinique eyeliners!