October 24, 2014 | 1706 users online

Eye Primer - Coastal Scents - Eye Poxy Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by RadMom32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like some things from Coastal Scents, but this is not one of them. I had to try an $11 shadow primer with such rave reviews (I should have checked Makeup Alley first) but it's weirdly both oily and drying... ??? I dunno, but it feels greasy going on, and then it feels super drying to the lids. I didn't get the same longevity with my shadows as the brand I already use, but I wonder how it would work as a lip primer??? I'll be trying that soon. CS does have a new shadow primer now, Shadow Worx, that is pearlescent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, this is the worst eye primer i have ever used. It`s like putting hair wax on my eyes. It is disgusting greasy. Don`t waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This primer SUCKS! Seriously...its just as well I wear nothing under my eyeshadow than this. It creased faster than if I wore nothing....gone in a couple of hours.

I can't even find another use for it just to use it up so its not wasting away in my makeup collection (if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know). This product is cheap for a reason and the pot is unsanitary/inconvenient. Not impressed and will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by DramaticMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this eye shadow primer from Coastal Scents at the same time that I purchased my palette because it was a good price and I needed a primer. I do not regret buying this product, but I would not buy it again.

It is a "gentle staying power" primer, and it is exactly that. This primer is nothing extraordinary, and to an extent I am kind of disappointed. To it's advantage it makes shadow's appear vivid and vibrant, but with my eye shape I find that this primer creases.. A lot! This primer is clear, and does not have any colour tint to it, which I like since I have such fair skin and have never found a product that matches my skin tone.

If I just apply it to underneath my brow bone and up to my crease, it works fine. But when applying it over my entire lid, I am not impressed. This primer will never compare to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, or Too-Faced Shadow Insurance, but for the price, you get what you pay for, and nothing less.

If you want an inexpensive primer that will hold colour well, and you have an a certain eye type that your crease does not cover your eyelids then it's perfect. But for hooded and most deep set eyes, you will find that it creases along your crease, looks oily, smudges, and does not last.

I recommend it, but would never purchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

Crappy, hard to apply. Don't waste your money on this one. Its like glue that is almost dry. You'd have to melt it on your hand before you apply it on your eyelids if you don't wanna mash it on your eyelids. Terrible stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by shell69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm redoing my review because at first I thought this worked great. However after awhile I found it was creasing badly. I bought another TFSI and havent had any creasing so out this goes :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by shyshy0886

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

:) I love love love love LOVE this. Did I mention I love it? Haha just messing with you guys. Anyways, I believe this is a great FIRST primer for me. I loved how it felt, smooth and buttery.(Smoother than butter and not ummm greasy?) I also got a palette that day too. After testing this product I rejoiced. My eyeshadows finally stayed on and didn't crease at all! I would totaly reccomend this to anyone!!! Here is some things I'd like to share with you.
Price: $11.95. That's SOOO non-expensive if you ask me.
Packaging: ADORABLE! :) It comes in a sheer,blue baggy. So cute.

I would buy this again of course. Not sure what else I could say other than if you like non creasing eye shadow...BUYYY IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by noonereally

I can rejoice again! I have been secretly so sad after I found out that UDPP made my eyes sore and gross! So, I have been on the lookout for a replacement FOR YEARS!!! I am so glad I found this! I do not know what the old formula was like but this is perfect! Smooth and dries to a powdery finish and actually WORKS! I think it looks as good as when I used UDPP so try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I received this primer, it was a dry paste. It was hard to pick up any product up with a finger or brush and get a good amount. I also had to blend the product for a considerable amount of time into the lid of the container or rub it in between my fingers to get a consistency that would be spreadable on my eyelid. I found at first this product to be irritating to my eyes, because it would end up flaking a little bit. After a while I decided to remix the product and since then I've had absolutely no problems with it. It's a lot more creamy and easier to apply a thin, even layer across my lid. Eyeshadows stick to it well, and they seem to keep their vibrancy. It does crease a little on me, but I like that it doesn't dry out my lids.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reading about the reviews for this primer put me off for a while to get it since MUA reviews versus the coastal site reviews are pretty much opposite. Anyhow I went ahead and got it and I just received the eye primer yesterday and used it yesterday and today. So far I say it's pretty good and works well for me. I do agree with previous reviewer that you only need a bit of it and a little does goes a long way. I'm comparing it to the Too Faced shadow insurance since that's the other primer I've tried. For this last two days, I would say the two primers works "almost" the same, I didn't get any creasing from the CS primer and my eyeshadow seems vibrate (maybe a LITTLE bit less "vibrate" than TF Shadow insurance). I don't know if weather have anything to do with the CS primer not working in some areas vesus others, but I go between CA and Las Vegas.

Update: OMG... the first product that I have to downgrade from 4 to 1 lippie. I stopped using the primer for a while (3 months) and left it in my makeup drawer. Pulled it out yesterday and well, the ingredient has separated? It's got a layer of oil on top of it, so I remixed this and thought it was all good to go, Nop! Now, the primer creases like crazy on me. I've never got this problem with TFSI (even if I don't use it for a while, it doesn't seem to separate). oh well, it's in the trash.