October 24, 2014 | 1787 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Start to Finish Rice Powder - Soft Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

I love this more than the actual Everyday Bronzer which is just too dark/red for me. I find that all their bronzers for me are slightly too red. That's why I like this one as it is much lighter and you can't go wrong and you only apply a little all over.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am NW30/35 in MAC. I use this product as a translucent finishing powder over my EDM foundation. I am someone whose skin goes from being combination to completely oily when the weather gets hot. Therefore, the oil-absorbing properties in ths producr really do help to keep my face relatively shine fre for a fairly good amount of time..

The powder isn't as dark as it appears on the screen at all. In reality, the level of brown in it is not dark at all. The powder is tinted, but it it is not to be confused with being a bronzer. And, especially if you are medium complexion, then this powder will work perfectly for you, as it will just melt into your skin instead of making your face look incredibly lighter or darker than it naturally is

This product isn't pigmented enough to be a bronzer. Instead, I find it to be a setting powder designed spefically for people of Medium complexion. Individuals that have a Fair to Light complexion would be better suited for the Start To Finish-Fair instead.

I use a big fluffy brush, just sweep this stuff on lightly all over my face and then I am out the door. If I happen to need to do touchups, then I am able to do so without my face ever looking like its caked up with loads of powder. As, this product is an all-around good buy!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I got this as a GWP.
Now...
I am rarely using bronzer, so I guess that this one is really going to last for a long, long time...
I have this in kaolin finishing powder (Start To Finish Bronzer), and I like it a lot.
I use it for contouring my face, and it's doing a great job - but I think that I won't repurchase though, because I would like to try something else instead...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is quite pleasant to use as it is fine and only softly tinted so it goes on almost invisibly (I use Olive medium in EM). I didn't notice any difference when using this, and the oil control is minimal. I was previously using the pure silk dust before and after foundation, and found this to be much more effective as a primer and finisher. As much as I like EM, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

I actually have this in the Kaolin finishing powder not the rice powder. I use it before I apply my mineral foundation as a primer. And it does a great job doing that. But when I apply it as a finishing powder it doesn't mattify as much as I would have liked it to. So I have to still use my Neutrogena healthy skin loose powder. I'm Olive medium and this powder (start to finish) isn't at all too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by adri721

The rice formulation is my personal favorite of the finishing powders so far. At first I was turned off by the gritty feel of the powder when I rubbed it on my hand. I'm glad I still decided to try this out on my face though! Though the rice powder is not as fine as finishing dust, or even the start to finish kaolin powder, I find that the texture doesn't bother me when I apply in on my face with a kabuki brush. I love that the soft bronze version is completely matte. I have a super oily T-zone, so this is important to me.

I tested out the soft bronze rice powder with the start to finish kaolin in sunlight by using each on half my face. I used both as a primer and a finishing powder. I found that the rice formulation kept the shine off for longer than the kaolin did, however the difference is quite minimal. I couldn't recommend one over the other based on shine control.

As for the bronzing effect...I found that it was very subtle. I think my skin tone - EM Olive Golden Medium, is a bit too dark for the bronze to show up much. It did even out my skin tone slightly though. I think with fairer skin types, this can definitely impart a nice gradual tan depending on how much you want to layer it.

I did miss the softening effect that the finishing dust left on my face though, as the start to finish powders don't quite do the same. I think my plan now is to use the start to finish rice as a primer and finishing powder, and then the finishing dust on top of that. I will update later once the oat version comes out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No