September 15, 2014 | 905 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Start to Finish - Sunlight

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Anna1985

I remember when I first used this powder I was blown away because my face looked completely flawless, even when I did not use the Everyday Mineral foundation powder. I have an oily t-zone so I used this as a primer as well as a setting powder and I felt that it significantly helped to eliminate shine, however it definitely made me break out only a few days of using it. Since this is all natural with very few ingredients I at first did not think this was to blame although after retrying it multiple times I realized this powder was not compatible with my skin. I only knocked off one lippie because it is an all around great powder which has obviously worked for many but sadly it just did not agree with my skin which is a rarity.
Edit: I have tried this powder again and it was not the cause of my break outs, I believe now that it was their foundation. For me this is a must have for the summer to keep my skin matte and fresh. I have added another lippie, wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by amara8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a miracle worker!
Give me a gorgeous airbrushed look and is translucent even though it says it is "sunlight".
I cannot imagine ever living without this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Mebs786

I use this under my EM Olive medium foundation as a primer to even out my skintone. It helps my makeup last longer too. I like the way it makes my skin look..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a freebie in the puffer jar - and I love it!!! This powder is the kaolin powder (also known as StF) in Sunlight pale yellow.

I find this absorbs the oil in my t-zone better than the rice powder or the finishing dust, plus it looks more natural. The yellow tint seems to tone down the redness in my cheeks, and either the color or the finely-milled finish of this powder really evens out my skin tone (I have very fair neutral-toned skin--wear EM intensive foundation in cool Fair or Sandy Fair, or MAC NC/NW 10-15). This powder is fairly transparent so I think it would work for a range of skin tones although cool tones may be better with a pinker shade like the Fair powder.

Haven't tried this as a primer since my skin is fairly dry, but I may try it as a primer in my t-zone when my current primer (Clinique's pore corrector) runs out. I am very impressed with this powder and the puffer jar is so handy for application and touch-ups. I thought nothing would convert me away from talc-containing face powders as I love the fairly matte "airbrushed" finish they give over foundation-- well I'm glad to have found something more natural AND cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

This is my favorite finishing powder from EM--hands down. I currently wear Golden Medium, and the STF Sunlight blends beautifully into my combination skin. I use a lot (about 2 to 3 taps on the jar), and it gives me pretty good oil control without turning ashy like the STF Fair. When my face starts producing oil, the STF Sunlight makes my makeup look smoother--the change is noticeable because I've been receiving compliments on the texture of my "skin" ever since I started using the STF Sunlight.

In terms of oil control, the discontinued EM silk powder is the best (I am allergic to it), followed by the STF kaolin (the regular STF), followed by the STF rice, and then the Finishing Dust after that. ***Highly recommended for those who use EM's Golden Medium. Definitely would purchase again.***

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Angie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is not good, because the jar is not deep enough and powder gets everywhere when I flip the lid. Also, when I put my kabuki brush into the lid to get some product on it and first apply to my face there is visible powder flying in the air. For people that are meticulously neat, this product is a no no. But, saying that, I put half the product on my face and the other half Clinique Clarifying Pressed Powder. They both looked the same in the beginning, though six hours later the everyday minerals seems to be in slightly better shape. I think the Kaolin Clay is helping to control my oily skin and the blush on my cheeks usually is gone by lunch time, but with this powder it is still on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

What do I love about this?

It works wonderful as a primer! It really does! I apply this on with my flat top brush after moisturizing, then when I apply my mineral makeup it just glides right onto my skin. At first I was unsure about if this was really going to work or not but then it does.

I am so glad I tried this because I am sick and tired of putting the monistat gel on my face. It just gets so routine and tiring. With the powder, I just pour, tap, and buff. Then on goes the MMU.

What do I hate about this? Nothing really. I should have just ordered the large size!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by adri721

I was previously a dedicated fan of EM's finishing dust. Then I tried the start to finish in sunlight, and I actually love this even more. I picked the sunlight color, since I heard the fair tends to be a bit too pale. For reference, I use EM Olive Golden Medium Matte foundation, I also have a super oily t-zone. I was worried that the sunlight formulation would add shine to my face, but it actually made my face more matte. The powder adds a slight glow to my face, so it is not a matte finish...but it controls my oil enough that the shine is reduced overall, if that makes sense. I usually run far away from anything that is not completely matte, but the sunlight formulation actually looks pretty nice on my skin. I am really liking the nice glowy look.

To compare the start to finish with the finishing dust, I used each product on half of my face. I applied both products as primers and finishing powders. The start to finish half of my face stayed matte longer than the finishing dust. I would say that it took about 2-3 hrs for my face to get shiny again. The difference between each half of my face wasn't too drastic, but it was noticeable to me.

As for the texture, I find that finishing dust is finer. I prefer the start to finish because I had problems with the finishing dust spilling out too fast and dust getting into my eyes. The one thing I do like about the finishing dust is that it provided a softening effect on my skin and made it feel super smooth. I find that the start to finish powder lacks this extra benefit. Overall though, I would recommend start to finish with kaolin over finishing dust. One could also use start to finish as just a primer and the finishing dust as the final step, to combine the positives of both products.

I also had on hand the start to finish rice powder in soft bronze. And I found that the rice performs even better than the kaolin for my skin! For more, read my review on that product as well.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No