October 24, 2014 | 1862 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Shea Butter Smoothing Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

Despite having a negative experience using the Coconut line from Organix, I decided to give the company one more chance so I purchased the Shea Shampoo + Conditioner. This shampoo did not do much for my hair - it did not take away my frizz, nor did it make my hair more manageable or nourished. My hair was more dry after using this product. The shampoo did lather up nicely and the scent was nice. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by godute666

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love it! Its my favourite shampoo! It made my hair super manageble and it totally got rid of my frizz. Also it hydrates the hair very well. The only bad thing is that it dosen't volumize, but that isin't so importanat to me

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I'm currently in love with the macadamia oil line from Organix, this shea butter line was HORRIBLE for my curly hair! The shampoo and conditioner totally dried my hair out and made it completely unmanageable. I bought and tried this when I used to wash, blow dry, then straighten my hair, and it made the whole process a nightmare. It added more time to my routine, because my hair was very dry and brittle. I only used this once, and I tossed it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MMDLS

I wish i could keep using this shampoo :( but i cant. When i bought it, it made my hair soft and super shiny. Even my boyfriend noticed it lol and he NEVER notices stuff like that. So i was happy but then after a few weeks it started giving me dandruff D: so i had to quit it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by oceanblue42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. I've been using it for several months now with fantastic results. I definitely noticed a difference after switching to this. My hair feels lighter, softer, and smoother. The smell is very pleasant too. It's mild and not overpoweringly sweet like some shea butter products I've tried.

If only their conditioner didn't contain silicones, I'd try that as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ballerinabooty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this and the matching conditioner this evening and hopped in the shower after getting home to give it a go. Well, the shampoo is utterly drying. It lathers great, smells nice, cute packaging...but left do much to be desired for moisture! I will try to pawn this off on SO to finish it up-and I'll find something else that really works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I purchased this after hearing basically a mix bag of reviews - I heard that Organix Shampoo is the best and I also heard it was horrid! I decided to go ahead and purchase this.

Let's start out with information about my hair; I do not dye my hair, nor use lots of chemicals, nor use lots of heat appliances on it.

My first purchase among the Organix line was the Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner, and Brazilian Keratin Therapy shampoo and conditioner.. and this Organix Shea Butter Smoothing Shampoo (and the Conditioner) are my holy grail!

This stuff actually tames my minor frizz and makes it smell so wonderful. The shampoo one is a bit more drying than the other shampoos in the Organix line, but once you condition your hair it comes out silky and smooth.

Overall, my verdict is to definitely try the Shea Butter Smoothing line of products, you won't be disapointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by tiapet

I also was surprised by the bad reviews on this product, although I get that the shampoo alone feels drying. I have thick but fine hair that tends to get puffy and very not-smooth. I was initially a little disappointed, too, but then I made sure to follow the directions on the bottle to keep the conditioner on for at least 3 minutes, make sure to apply the conditioner thoroughly to the parts of my hair that most need smoothing, and rinse thoroughly, unlike I would have previously with conditioners. After playing around with how I use it, I'm in love. My experience with this product honestly has erased my life-long skepticism about the potential benefits of any one product. I started using this shamp/cond 3 mos ago, and my hair has been much softer and smoother ever since. For best results, I use a very small dab of the Organix shea butter smoothing serum. Again, I thought it was worthless at first because it's essentially just oil, but if you figure out the right amount that works for your hair, it has great effects in smoothing and shining. I find it also makes my hair more likely to do what I want. These products aren't the cheapest, but I find they work better than some much more expensive hair care products that I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by EllieVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Such bad ratings on my HG product? I am stunned.

I think that this product is so wonderful, matter of fact I love the whole Organix line.

This product smells yummy and it is very smoothing, HOWEVER, the shampoo of the Shea Butter, is a bit drying when it is rinsed clean, but after applying the conditioner, my hair gets really soft and silky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by LaylaLanes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ohlala Moisture at last.

Winco carries these for 3 bucks a bottle.