April 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Treatments - Dr Lewinns Revitanail

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Bee82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product I use it after acrylics which I don't wear anymore because they damage your nails but this has revived my nails they grow so fast long and strong I will always buy this product it's the best growth product I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by belskihatesyew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff has literally changed my nails. I naturally have very thin, brittle nails which are prone to peeling and splitting therefore don't grow. I've been using Revitanail for about six months now and will continue using it.

What I do: I do a couple of coats of Revitanail and then leave it on for about seven days (it does start to yellow after this) and I will repeat this for three weeks. On the fourth week, I like to give my nails a "break" and will take the Revitanail off and buff them if there are any little peeling bits happening and then I will rub nail oil into them each night followed by a nourishing hand cream.

Now that my nails are strong and healthy, I use nail clippers to cut them and a soft file to shape the edges. I also love painting my nails now and its still such a novelty actually having long nails to paint. When I have colour on my nails, I don't use Revitanail and when I take the colour off I will give my nails a couple of days break using the oil and then go back to Revitanail.

I also take a Swisse multivitamin and the Swisse Ultiboost tablets for hair, skin and nails and I think these really help as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by christines940

I have been using Revitanail for quite sometime. However, the last 2 bottles I have not been happy with. I threw out one bottle as I thought that maybe it had gone off as it turned yellow on my nails, so I purchased a new bottle. Exactly the same has happened with this one. My sister and niece have also had the same happen to them. Not very happy with it. Used to love it. I still use the hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just LOVE this product! It is great! My nails were short and thin but since using the revitanail my nails look beautiful! They are strong and long and healthy! When I paint over then people have been asking if they are my real nail! Just the best out there! I also have the revitanail hand and nail cream with the pearl calcium in it.. Love that too! This is my third bottle purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by husky2301

Great product. My nails were always peeling and soft but after using this product they are heaps stronger. Will defin keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. I used to wear acrylics and had seriously damaged nails afterwards. This nail polish restored my nails to their former state plus more. I definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking to strengthen their nails or get some extra length. I hear teaming it with the hand cream and cuticle oil makes it work even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by phunky18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in a pack from www.catchoftheday.com at a reasonable price to try it out after several recommendations from family. I received this product, as well as a cuticle oil, top coat and a nail file in the pack.

I have only used this for a few days but I can already see a difference. Upon the first application my nails instantly felt stronger and more protected. The product is very shiny on the nails as well which is lovely.

My nails have always been very thin and usually flake off or split. I have never been able to grow my nails much past my finger tips. This seems to be making a huge difference already!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by annasounds

I bought this stuff a good couple of years ago and I'm not even half way through (such a huge bottle) . I don't use it as a treatment unless my nails turn to s***. It is my base coat for any polish and does a great job. It can actually make your nails healthier and stronger whilst having polish on. I haven't worn it for really prolonged periods of time so I haven't experienced dryness with it. I would be keen to try the formaldehyde free formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by swoopingbuzzards

I used the original formula for a couple of months and it really did strengthen my nails but after a while it started to sting my nails and actually make my nails very dry and so they broke easily and it also made my nails go yellow. It was horrible! I believe this was because of the formaldehyde in it.

So I thought I'd try the sensitive formula which doesn't have formaldehyde or toluene in it. The polish is a light pink so it gives a nice and natural look. Nails feel stronger after just one application.
Am yet to see any yellowing either *fingers crossed*

The bottle is smaller than the original which I actually prefer as I found the original one went sticky and thick about halfway through.

It was pretty expensive though, 20 aud for 14mls.

I actually recommend using the sensitive one (even if you aren't sensitive) as I believe formaldehyde dries/damages your nails in the long run and the fact it doesn't have toluene in it is good too, two less nasty chemicals is a start!
(god knows how all those chemicals could affect you!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by RoogleTash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is THE SHIZ! My sister bought this and said it was quite pricey so that is my only CON, but the quality of my nails = fantastic! I know you are supposed to follow the instructions to get the desired result, but when I apply this my desired result is gel nails!

I've applied 1 coat a day for 6 days and my clean nails are thick like gel nails... then I got bored and put nail stickers between a layer of this stuff and now they look like asian nails. A great nail thickener, I will buy this if it ever runs out!