December 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never used a hair color brand that has been SOOOOO off with the assignment of the appropriate color to their formula.

I tried black brown at first and that turned out to be jet black (goth jet black w/blue and purple overtones)

I liked the formula enough, that I thought I would try dark brown (I wanted a rich ,lustrous expresso color) and once again, the color is way too dark. It reads as a soft black. Yes, if you look at the individual strands you'll see some brown overtones but the entire mass of head looks very much a dark, true black. Nothing like the color on the box.

I'm used to using Feria and will definitely go back. I never really knew if their color was truly "prismatic" and after trying Colorsilk and experiencing how unidimensional Colorsilk is, I know realize Feria's formula does provide dimension to the hair color it doesn't look like a solid mass of one color.

We're saving so much money not coloring at the salon, no reason to try and save a little more on the color itself if the color representation on the box is going to be so off.

Other than the color designation and lack of dimensionality, the formula is fine. Covers gray easily, smells quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product, but beware. I was very scared to use this and end up with black or black/brown hair, but the key is to use it for less than the 25 minutes they recommend. I left it on my roots for about 20 minutes, and my ends for about 10 (my hair was essentially virgin/uncolored). Turned out very dark brown, but not black, and faded on shampooing. Lovely dark brown color, no damage. The price and ammonia free formula make this dye amazing for my current needs. I have medium brown hair to begin with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for root touch up only. I did not use on hair that had already been colored. Overall this was was a good product - covered resistant gray roots, blended well with hair that has already been colored since I did not want to cover my highlights. I think it was a bit darker than the color shown on the model on the box. This is ammonia free so did not have the smell usually associated with hair color. I will purchase this again when I need all over root touch up, as the regular "root touch up kits" do not have enough dye do a total job for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jess6886

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this haircolor. Not only is it reasonable (I get it at Target for $2.99 a box), the color itself is gorgeous and comes out a really nice, deep dark brown. Will continue to purchase this hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

This is good dye. I was afraid to dye my hair at home. Too many horror stories and I've been going to an upscale.salon for awhile. However, with the grays growing in like mad and the cost going too high I had to do them myself or go gray. So, I had to force myself to try. It.came out just fine. It was darker.than expected but I know.after.a.few.shampoos it will be a.nice.rich brown. I would heartily recommend.this.brand.of dye. Yes it is very messy to dye your own hair but I took all the hints from the other reviewers and really protected my bathroom with towels, saturated my.face, neck and hairline.with Vaseline to block the dye from staining my face and.neck. It doesn't run too much once.it's on your head. I liked this stuff and would definitely buy again. Go revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Liz318

I LOVE this! My hair looks incredibly shiny and is an amazing shade of dark brown. This is my holy grail hair color. I've used other shades in this line as well and have liked them but this shade is my absolute favorite! My only gripe is that I wish they gave you more of the amazing conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair was ombre with dark brown on top and dark blonde on the bottom, however I had quite a few grays coming in. I wanted to even out the hair color so I opted for a deep rich shiny dark brown which is what I hoped this would be. No such luck, I ended up with dull flat black hair with ends that had a greenish tint... My grays weren't colored and I had to wait a few washes to see any brown. I didn't mind the ends because after all they were ombre but I can't forgive the no gray coverage, the dullness and not to mention dryness. Probably worst hair dye I've ever used and I've had my hair every color you can think of.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by foreverbrunette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing deep dark brown haircolor! I went from a medium brown to this dark brown haircolor. I wanted the deepest, darkest brown without going black and this is it. This dark brown looks black right after you have colored it but after it's been washed once or twice the color is very rich. There are no red tones and the color isn't flat. By far the best over Loreal and Garnier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I thought it sucked (too cool, flat) but then after another wash, I realized it rocked. Other people agreed with the latter sentiment. All the 5 star reviews are true. The end.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by silentmode

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dyed my hair yesterday and just get a jet black hair, and its not dark brown. I think it really depends on your hair color. but have to say my hair look shiner then before and this may due to the conditioner they provided. I hoped that the color will fade soon.