April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Dark Brown

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Liz318

I LOVE this! My hair looks incredibly shiny and is an amazing shade of dark brown. This is my holy grail hair color. I've used other shades in this line as well and have liked them but this shade is my absolute favorite! My only gripe is that I wish they gave you more of the amazing conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair was ombre with dark brown on top and dark blonde on the bottom, however I had quite a few grays coming in. I wanted to even out the hair color so I opted for a deep rich shiny dark brown which is what I hoped this would be. No such luck, I ended up with dull flat black hair with ends that had a greenish tint... My grays weren't colored and I had to wait a few washes to see any brown. I didn't mind the ends because after all they were ombre but I can't forgive the no gray coverage, the dullness and not to mention dryness. Probably worst hair dye I've ever used and I've had my hair every color you can think of.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by foreverbrunette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing deep dark brown haircolor! I went from a medium brown to this dark brown haircolor. I wanted the deepest, darkest brown without going black and this is it. This dark brown looks black right after you have colored it but after it's been washed once or twice the color is very rich. There are no red tones and the color isn't flat. By far the best over Loreal and Garnier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I thought it sucked (too cool, flat) but then after another wash, I realized it rocked. Other people agreed with the latter sentiment. All the 5 star reviews are true. The end.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by silentmode

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dyed my hair yesterday and just get a jet black hair, and its not dark brown. I think it really depends on your hair color. but have to say my hair look shiner then before and this may due to the conditioner they provided. I hoped that the color will fade soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Total rubbish. I was sucked into trying this due to the great reviews and the price but it left my scalp very sore and my hair like straw. Days after using it (I followed the instructions to a tee) the colour (dark brown mixed with golden brown) still looked unremarkable and totally flat with any shine taken out of my formerly extremely shiny hair. It took me weeks to whip my hair back into shape with intensive conditioning, rosemary rinses and keratin spray plus my weekly Aphogee treatment. Don't use this if your hair is fine. And if you have resistant greys don't bother either. Mine were showing again after just a week. The overall colour, however boring, only faded a little though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by m3talmary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! It's only like $2.30 and it does a good job at coloring for what it is. The conditioner is the bomb as well! It leaves my hair super soft. I wish I could buy bottles of it

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by whimsicaldreamz

I typically use feria red dyes... Wanted to change it up a bit and go chocolate brown.. A few weeks ago i used feria "espresso" which sucked and barely covered the red dye. Today i used revlon dark brown and my hair is now BLACK.... But the first 3 inches of my hair still has red tones. I am very disappointed.. I wanted BROWN hair :(... I have died my hair black on purpose years ago and I know this is black.. NOT "dark brown"!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by DLyanii

I love this product. Especially if anything goes wrong with any other color dye or brand this always has my back and fix my haircolor. Revlon dark brown is one of the best colors at first looks black but then fades away and the hair will be a brown natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I applaud those that reviewed this product giving 4-5 lippies. I used Revlon Colorsilk prior to letting my hair grow out to its natural silver, platinum. Revlon was the least damaging and most natural looking of all the drug store hair colors for me. The trick is getting the correct color. Good product for touching up roots and pulling through the ends in the final minutes before rinsing.