April 23, 2014 | 1468 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Cliche

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Another interestingly subtle shade, a bit greyish and somewhat pearlized, but don't let this colour fool you into thinking it's a flat grey. On me, even without another colour or eyeliner, it gives my eyes a set-in effect. Neutral and gorgeous enough to be worn on its own for a quick made-up look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

On its own, it doesn't really do anything for my eye. However, when paired with a lid and/or crease color, it is most wearable.

The color is pretty neutral, so it should work for most complexions. As, its an off white, light beigy color with a slight hint of grey to it. So, its a color that may not wow people when they first get it home. However, it is a color that is still workable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light grey color with shimmers in it and i love it. But u need a good primer to make it show

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Cliche is one of those eyeshadows that I like to use every now and then, but I'm not jumping for joy over it. It's a very light grey/beige, slightly shimmery shade. The shimmer is something I don't find very attractive on most days, but sometimes feel like using. It says neutral light brown on EDM's website, but on me, it's definitely closer to grey. But I think the shade will most likely suit almost everyone's complexion. It's good for highlighting, toning down stronger shades, or simply applied alone on lids for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't think I would like this but I really do! It's kind of grey with a little hint of beige in there somewhere I think. Very soft, subtle and neutral. Not too much shimmer. It's great if you want something like a white eyeshadow but without the starkness... Works nicely as an inner-eye highlight and a brow highlight. Or try it as a wash under other eyeshadows. Really versatile and I am glad I got it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It looks dull heather grey in the pot but goes on silvery with a brown tone on my skin. I use this as a highlighter and it works pretty well. I wouldn't repurchase, altho i like the shadow it's not an own or die for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by noellek09

As another reviewer has mentioned, it does look rather odd in the pot, but like other EM shades, it goes on different. Very pretty, shimmery light brown. It's versatile, ranging from subtle to shimmery, with a shade somewhere between floating feathers and chamomile, exactly what I was looking for. I actually use this more as a highlighter for the face--tzone, cheeks,etc. It isn't stark, but it gives a quiet glow, adding some contour to the face. Def will repurchase :]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its a rather odd color, kind of a light dove gray with shimmer. Its not entirely gray, though. I think there's supposed to be hints of beige in there, too. By no means would I have picked this color out by looking at the color on the website, but I got it as a freebie with a purchase, along with Bubbletea. This shadow sat on my shelf for a long time before I gave it a shot. Once I tried it, it really was lovely. I wouldn't use it as a highlighter, simply because I think it might look too dark, but a lot of people use it this way. Its perfect for wearing to work, which I have issues finding colors other than light neutrals or browns that look classy and put together for at the office (my work has strict rules on ladies' makeup, for some reason). Let me clarify, I'm saying no to buying this product again because I got a full-sized one which I don't think I will ever use all of. I don't think I can emphasize how much prettier the color is on than it is in the package or on the site.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A lovely wash/lid color, or highlight color, depending on how you want to use it. I got this as a free gift, along with Bubble Tea, with my last order, in the full size. This is one of their newer colors and it's fabulous.
It's a "pearl" - meaning some low, pearly shimmer but not overly shimmery. Very wearable. This is a light beige with a hint of dove grey to it; it's really pretty on and looks great as a stand-alone shadow for those "fast" days. Or, it would be great paired with many different colors. I have hazel green eyes and it brings out the green in them. The online swatch doesn't really show the dove-grey aspect (which is slight and very pretty) in with the beige, but I think this is what makes this shadow special. I applied over EM concealer, tinted silk dust, and foundation; using MAC Mixing Medium to wet the brush and then dip into the powder; I applied one 'coat' slightly damp and then foiled it again dry. Looks lovely. This color is great with a darker liner like black, grey, or blue, and lots of mascara for a retro 'glam' look. Love it! Great lasting power with EM shadows when applied 'dampened' this way over a base. For reference, in EM I wear either Winged Butter or Golden Medium (or a mix of both); in MAC I wear NC30 or C3.