November 26, 2014 | 1486 users online

Treatments (Face) - Good Skin - Lumecin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by wendihouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was surprised by this. I have no idea why it works but it does. And quick. Is it a cosmetic result......? May be, but I have to say that I used it overnight for 2 weeks as directed and now use it 2 or 3 times a week. My skin looked really "clear". Smoother, brighter and just better. I'm 48. I have really good skin anyway but bought this and the Filextra as they were on offer and I wanted to try something "treatment". I like it. It is effective and I'll keep on with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by CAZUAE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

GREAT stuff! I bought this on a whim from Boots in London. I thought it was a bit pricey at 30 quid for a small tube and had never heard of it but having confidence that Boots normally only sells stuff that actually does what it says on the tin I bundled it into my basket. Living in a really hot climate I do have a problem with open pores so was hoping this would help - it does! My skin is definitely smoother and pores VERY visibly reduced. Does it brighten my skin? Maybe... my skin generally just looks really good. I will definitely buy this again but can't find it in any of the Dubai Boots outlets... 8-((... so I see some grovelling to my sister coming on... ;-)

BTW, a small amount goes a long way and you only use this at night. There is no need for a moisturiser on the top either as it sinks in very well and does a good job of moisturising.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I finally caved and bought this after sampling it so many times at Kohls. I bought it more for its lightening and the texture- it has a wonderful fluffy gel texture that is very spreadable (so a tiny amount suffices for my whole face). This is a great base for makeup and I've also used it instead of a moisturizer and after my moisturizer both, and it is really great- absorbs quickly and leaves my skin soft and supple. As for the price, a bit high for Kohls, but I bought it at discount - 34$ 20% from 44$. We'll see if it continues to work well-

UPDATE: I brought this back. It's a product lust thing. I think I can live without it. Maybe I'll heed to Paula B.'s advice and rely on Olay for my expensive skin care...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Lapiz

I only asked for a sample for this (thank you reviewers for telling me you could ask them for samples, otherwise I wouldn't have!) so I used it for about five days but it caused me to break out. And I didn't see instant results in pore size or any of the other mentioned traits. I'm glad it worked for some people, but just not for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by entyce68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I got it about a month ago. I'm a hopeful skeptic...fully expecting it not to work but still hoping it would.
My face seemed smoother and pores smaller immediatley ...very pleased. New fave!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Meritorious

I've only been using this for one week but I already see some changes in my skin. The biggest difference has been smoothness / softness and vibrancy but I have noticed some improvements in pore size as well.

It was a bit hard to find, which was a surprise for me. I knew it was only available at Kohl's so I went to one when I was out running around and the store seemed to have several boxes of Lumecin. Upon further inspection, ALL of the boxes had been emptied. Since it is a pricier item ($44 I think), I thought the personnel might have taken the tubes out of the boxes and kept them behind the counter so they wouldn't be stolen. But no one knew where the tubes were. I counted 23 boxes that were completely empty. That's a lot of missing tubes (and $!). I had to make another trip to a different store a week later to find it.
But I digress...

The texture is very nice-- light and easy to sleep in (this is a night treatment). It has a few silicones which has me a little wary but no problems so far. I haven't needed another moisturizer (except SPF, of course) but my skin is not really dry.

Now, the improvements are subtle but that's good for me. Anything that is drastic is usually too harsh for my sensitive skin. Peel pads and scrubs are big no-nos for me. Enzyme masks work OK but no real long term benefits. Lumecin seems to be a great alternative so far. I plan to use it as directed-- every night for two weeks then every other night after that. If my hunch is right, I'll be upgrading this to a '5' (knock wood). It might could possibly be an HG all-in-one treatment for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by dellis

I've been using this product for about two weeks now. I am pleased with it, however, I can't say it hasn't done much to make my pores appear smaller, nor has it helped with discoloration of former blemishes. I am hoping that those things will happen as I continue to use it. It has helped brighten my skin. **What it has done exceptionally well is that it makes my skin feel incredibly smooth...better than any moisturizer could. So if you are looking for a product to smooth rough texture...this is the product for you.
I tend to breakout on my chin and have noticed that this product has increased breakouts in that area. I believe this is because of the increased moisturization. So I skip application on my chin. I have not broken out anywhere else on my face. Overall, I am happy with this product and I look forward to seeing how it continues to work over the coming weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Luckysaw

You wont believe the difference you will see and feel in just one application of this stuff! Its a renewing treatment that works overnight to give skin clarity, radiance and brightness. It really transforms your skin overnight. When you first put it on it feels and looks like you have zero pores.

What its supposed to do:

Improves skins brightness, smoothness and texture overnight. YES
Strengthens skins protective barrier. YES
Reduces the appearence of pore size. YES VERY MUCH
Unclogs pores. YES
Helps diminish brown spots and discolorations. YES HELPED FADE MY OLD ACNE SPOTS RATHER QUICKLY.

This product is pretty amazing and im in love with it. It has not made my skin act funny in anyway and its dermatologist tested and fragrance free which i love.

You should try it! It is a bit more pricey but you get it from Kohls and they always have sales going on so you can catch it on sale sometimes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by kareygirl

I stumbled upon this product at my local Kohls and I am so glad I did!!! Apparently it is new and retails around $40+. I had a 30% off coupon and was able to use that. This product is called an overnight brightening Gluco-protein treatment. A dime sized amount of product is to be used nightly for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks it is to be used 3x per week. I've used this for a week and I really have noticed a difference in my skin. It looks brighter, pores appear smaller and the tone to my skin is more even. I am always skeptical of these types of products because they rarely live up to my expectations. I have gotten compliments on my skin, which honestly hasn't happened it a very long time. You are to skip other products at night when using this. I don't feel as though I need any other products after applying this. I just cleanse and tone my face, put on the dime sized amount of this lotion/cream and in the morning my face is good as new. In another week, I'll cut back to 3x, go back to my nightly moisturizer on the nights this isn't used and we'll see if the results remain as good. Ladies, this might be worth checking out...I was surprised at how good my skin looked...dare I say I might even be able to go without foundation?!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No