Avon Slick Tint in Glossy Wine

Price: $

on 1/6/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the review that said it smelled like "farm animal"...cracked me up! I don't think it smells like that but I'm never really around barn animals so I could be wrong... it does have cheap, waxy scent to it but most cosmetic scents don't bother me. I absoltuely love the color. It's hard to find a red that works and this wine color red flatters my skintone however the formula leaves much to be desired. It has a yucky, girtty texture to it. At first I thought my lips were chapped but it's the balm. I tried it on moisturized lips and it still felt gritty. Such a gross, not cute look. Save your dollar and find a better product.

on 5/1/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great color for a lip balm. Purchased for $1. Tastes terrible tho. The shape out of the tube is so flat you need to use the edge to apply. I might use a brush to apply but as lip products go, would not repurchase.

on 4/17/2012 10:21:00 PM

OK, the people at Avon could do something about the smell, but that's not stopping me from repurchasing this little marvel. Very versatile; I even use it as a blush over my moisturizer. And for .99 cents? Come on!

on 11/13/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My roommate sells Avon and she always gives me free stuff because she has extras. Even though she has offered me creams and lipsticks, I always want these which are the cheapest of her stock. I like the fact that they moisturize my lips well and give a hint of color. I have been looking for a lip gloss that moisturizes AND gives a soft color...I think I finally found it. That and it's only 99 cents. I think it's a popular balm as I find it usually on sale for cheaper! :D

on 8/24/2011 11:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I usually like the taste of cheap lipstick as it reminds me of childhood Halloween, but this one was just too much. It tastes waxy and sort of nasty and goes on in much the same way. The color is really nice, a faintly sheer dark red that doesn't look overmade up, but the taste and texture are pretty awful. Again, I'm NOT usually picky with lipstick or balm, but this one is going in the garbage. Even at the cheap cheap price, it's a waste of money.

on 8/23/2011 3:26:00 AM

Horrible product. It's a bit pigmented and gives color, but the texture is waxy & doesn't glide on. It also has a cheap old school lipstick smell.

on 2/28/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Don't know if it's discontinued, but I got it on sale from a local Avon lady at 75 cents. The color and consistency are nice...this slick won't slide off quickly, so reapplication doesn't have to happen every three seconds. The taste is fine (can't stand the mint thing of Burt's) and the price is right. The color is a soft wine. Very wearable.

on 4/23/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The consistency is more like a lipstick than a gloss or balm. However, it is moisturizing. For the price, it's a steal! The color is a nice clear red. To soften the pigment, do apply balm beforehand. I would also recommend applying with a mirror due to the consistency and high pigmentation. The key with this product is the application. I would not apply it like a regular lip balm (due to the high pigmentation). I use a stippling technique. This will be my go-to red from here on out! Great value but there is that "lipsticky" smell; so for those who mind this scent, just beware. It does not bother me. It reminds me of when i was a child trying to wear my mom's makeup somehow... good memories! I travel a lot, so these are very convenient - I can stock up! I also have used this to double as a blush. It does do a fabulous job! <3 it!!!!! I took one lippy off due to application: I usually think of tints as being able to apply as much without looking clownish due to the sheerness. If they reformulated this to add more balm and take down the pigment a notch while adding a hint of menthol, this could potentially be the HG of all liptints. Until then, I'll take the bargain price (I got it on special 2 for 1= 50 cents a piece... and run!!!) Thanks Avon again... for making the everyday girl feel fabulous!

on 11/28/2009 9:59:00 PM

Great color. Gives your lips color without overdoing it. Love it.

on 11/19/2009 2:15:00 PM

While it has decent pigment and glides on very smooth, this stuff has that cheap waxy smell to it similar to cheaper lines of lipstick. It's a major turn off for me, so I would not recommend this to others.

Popular Lip Glosses