Nivea Hydro Care

3.8

Active: Octinoxate, Avobenzone, Other: Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Microcrystalline Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Beeswax, Fragrance

on 7/20/2015 10:56:00 PM

My all time favourite lip balm. When I was using EOS, it left my lips incredibly dry. So my friend recommended to use this. Which would probably be the best advice she's given me. For its price, $2.00+ at Superstore, it is definitely worth the few dollars. It does exactly what it claims to do. Hydro Care fixed my terribly chapped lips and made them luscious and soft. It glides on smoothly (WHICH I LOVE) and leaves a hint of shine.

The packaging is the usual twist up tube. But it does not get stuck like I've heard lip balms do.

Definitely my all time favourite.

on 7/11/2015 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If you like having to reapply lip balm every 20 minutes, this is the lip balm for you. It has a very thin, greasy consistency, it absorbs fast and completely disappears, providing no protection whatsoever. My lips get chapped and start to peel while I'm still wearing it.

on 6/11/2015 3:49:00 AM

No, no, no, no. I live in a very humid country, and even then, eight glasses of water a day isn't enough to keep my chapped lips away. I was looking for a new lip balm after I'd tossed out my Burt's Bees mango butter one, which frankly, did not do much at all. For a period of time, I slathered on coconut oil before going to bed, which worked just fine. However, I decided I needed something more on-the-go, because coconut oil is a mess to handle when it's 36 degrees celsius outside. So I picked this up at my local drugstore, because it had sun protection and promised hydrated lips.

What a mistake.

I took it out of the package as soon as I paid for it. The smell was overpowering and noxious. It smells like poorly-made artificial almond scent. I couldn't stand it. That aside, it did not absorb as quickly as it was purported to - I took a two hour nap after slapping this on and when I woke up, that greasy, icky feeling was still there on my lips. Hydration was subpar.

In short, it smells bad, feels greasy, and does minimal nourishment. Pass.

Excellent product. Very moisturizing. I put this on every night before bed. I don't have to reapply. Compared to others, it just feels different - very hydrating. Great product!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's a pretty generic lip balm, and it doesn't do much for me in the wintertime.

on 12/28/2014 1:08:00 AM

This lip balm is my life. I use it every day whether my lips are dry, I want a little gloss on my lips, before lipstick, everything. It does exactly what it says and it always leaves my lips feeling amazing and helps my lipstick go on effortless and not have that dry look, especially with mattes. This lip balm is super affordable and you can always find it on sales. I'm on my third tube atm and I will definitely continue to repurchase

on 12/17/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have severe allergies including eczema, I have tried N3-3 Lip complex, paw paw ointment, Arbonne and numerous natural remedies which simply did not work. (Tried and tested)
Vaseline (which works at times) however this does tops it all!!! 110% removes my dryness, cracked bleeding lips and i don't tend to need to keep reapplying it, no awful smell or makes me want to lick my lips and includes sun-cream which i have noticed less sun moles on my lips- that's how bad my lips are! would recommend to anyone sensitive like me! good luck i cannot recommend it enough! FABULOUS PRODUCT don't know why it would receive negative feedback as bonus it is value for money.

on 12/2/2014 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this balm for the last 6 years and it never let me down. Living in Canada, winter can do real damage to skin in general and I got used to chapped lips. It hasn't been a problem since I first bought this product and I've been through at least a dozen tubes since. I always have one on me. I travel a lot and it's been as useful in Quebec's humid winter as in India's driest season.

I usually put a thick layer before going to bed, and a sheer one in the morning. It hydrates my lips and therefore lipstick is holding on better during the day.

I think this balm is to be used in preventive cases, protecting against dry and cold climates. And for that price, there's really nothing to complain about.

on 11/22/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I honestly don't understand why the rating for this product is so low... This is the best lip balm I have ever used in my entire life!! I've been using Hydro Care lipbalm for more than an year and I'm still in love with it.. And I know a lot of my close friends use it too and they love it. I will repurchase everytime I run out until I find a better one.

on 11/20/2014 12:32:00 PM

This lip balm dries my lips out for some reason. I never feel like it truly penetrates my lips, it just feels like it sits on top and gets rubbed off after like an hour. It's a shame because it smells wonderful and it's cheap too!