August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Papaya Puree Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

This lotion/puree is absolutley amazing... I am not sure how good of a job it does at moisturizing your skin, because I use it on top of a shea butter lotion i use every night and day, but it smells WONDERFUL. Its called a puree for a reason, everytime you put it on it feels and smells like you cut up chunks of papaya and smothered them all over your body. There is no other smells of chemicals or additives- it smells exactly like fruit, nothing more nothing less. I also love that there products are as natural as they come, and they do not test on animals... you would be shocked if you really knew how many companies do actually test on animals. Smells amazing, all natural with no added chemicals and no testing on animals? its a win win... however you do pay the price as their products are not cheap. They have several sales through out the year- usually in Nov and Dec that help a little with the prices. I will pay the money for this product though... its well worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a gift and rather liked it, it's fresh and fruity and the smell isn't too strong. It feels rather natural as I think it has a lot of actual papaya in it. It moisturizes pretty well, but is not for dry skin. I don't think I'd buy it again though as I seem to have outgrown fruity fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Phuongthaovnhn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It
-smells AMAZING exact like a papaya
-absorbs quickly without a greasy feel like body butter
But
-expensive 16 euro in Sweden
-cure ur dry skin not as good as body butter.
I dont think I will buy it again but it is a nice product. U should try it one time if ur skin is not too dry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend has recently given me a set of TBS papaya products, I've just gone through the body butter and now using the lotion...I think I like the scent of the body butter much better.

However, the good thing about the body lotion is that it doesn't smell as strongly as the body butter does, and it isn't greasy when it is applied. It gets absorbed rather quickly and leaves my body feeling very moisturized (which is good value for money-I was familiar with these products before my friend gave them to me so I do have a pretty good idea about what they cost!).

The lotion bottle with a dispenser is better than a regular bottle for me because it seems overall easier to get the lotion out.

One thing to note, though, is that I like the fact that this lotion doesn't make me smell like papayas all day because I normally don't like having perfumes and such on. What I don't like is that it's not moisturizing enough for my feet...but they are so dry that regular lotions don't do anything for them anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by hibiscus31

Here's the deal, this lotion smells AMAZING and absorbs quickly without a greasy feel. The downside is it leaves your hands DISCOLORED! I can't tell you how disappointed I was! Right after my shower I applied this lotion and my hands were ORANGE! Yuck! Also, I figure if you spend this much money on a lotion, the scent should linger for awhile, well it was gone in no time! Bummer. Save your money, and splurge on something better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply superb! I'm a huge fan of The Body Shop body lotions for their rich, vibrant scents, easily-absorbed textures, decent moisturizing qualities and of course, their affordable prices. I've a penchant for fruitier scents and to date, cite Satsuma and Strawberry as two of my all-time favourites. While Papaya is every bit as lush, tropical and mouth-watering, it is not quite as...obnoxious in its intensity. But isn't that a good thing, you think? Not if you're me as I enjoy overwhelmingly pungent fruity scents. Satsuma and Strawberry have impressive lasting power but Papaya is far more subdued. All this means is that I have far more freedom when choosing a perfume to layer my lotion with, I have thus far paired Papaya with a variety of fragrances, my favourites being BBW's Mango Mandarin body splash for a citrusy kick, and L'Occitane's Green Tea EDT for refreshing burst of green to mellow the tropical vibe down a notch or two. As with all other body lotions, this one moisturizes sufficiently to leave skin feeling super soft, silky and never greasy. This is marketed at those who have normal skins so those who suffer chronic dryness might want to give it a miss. The pump-dispenser packaging is extremely handy and effective, as is the twist-and-lock mechanism for safe and easy travel purposes. I have carted body shop lotions all around the world without ever needing fear they explode in my luggage. In Malaysia, a 250 ml lotion bottle retails for RM 36, a departure from my usual extravagant bodycare (think L'Occitane and Crabtree-and-Evelyn) but comparable in quality. I have already repurchased this particular scent twice, and would highly recommend to all.