August 28, 2014 | 1947 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Escale Portofino

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Escale a Portofino opens with a blast of lemon. It's intense but probably not going to yield obnoxious sillage. As the scent dries down, it verges dangerously towards Pledge territory but a bit of orange blossom pulls it back just in time. The drydown is my favorite part - it gets a tad sweeter and I smell a green woodsiness that must be the cypress accord. If it were this interesting throughout, I might be tempted to get myself some. As it is, though, I much prefer my other new citrus find Lostmarch l'eau de l'Hermine.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very dissapointed with this one, for Dior you expect quality even if its not your cup of tea as a fragrance. As a previous review commented, it smells of lemon pledge. I don't think I have to say much more.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by indysmom

if you like the children's scent Givenchy Ptisenbon Tartine et Chocolat but find it does not last at all, you should try this. To me it has that same citrusy soft lotiony scent. But longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by auxin2

Beautiful cologne for summer, fresh, clean, soapy, not at all sweet, just like a summer breeze. The lasting power is pretty good. My favorite among the three escales.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Portofino.. Italy...
This is the fragrance I liked least out of the 3 Escales but I purchased it anyway. I found that burst of citrus refreshing and fitting for summer, however the citrus is a bit masculine for my taste - im afraid people will think im wearing a men's perfume. Its very cologne like.

Its not a bad fragrance, its just too strong a citrus for me. I think this would smell amazing on a man! If I had a boyfriend I would've loved this on him.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by greenclover

I give this a 3 because it is not really unpleasant but is incredibly mediocre. It goes on strongly neroli/orange blossom (it is a soapy orange blossom not fresh blossom/ or sweet orange blossom) . Of course the orange blossom fades VERY fast and what is left is a shampooey "clean" type scent. Not unpleasant - but since most of the duration smells like shampoo - certainly not the money. The name Escale e Portofino is pretty lofty for such a generic perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by wristsniffer

A wonderful clear, green citrus, that mellows into mediteranean florals. Very uplifting and classy. Lovely for summer, but I also like to wear this in January for my post Christmas detox!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample and I have been using this EDT for a few days. It is the perfect summer scent: it smells of citron, orange blosson and a touch of bitter almond. Most importantly it is not sickening sweet. Due to be a light summer scent the staying power is very limited so you have to reapply during the da. The scenty is not structured, it is very basic and overpriced (hence 2 lippies). Not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by tgbech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance! I like clean and light fragrances, and therefore this is perfect for me. The bottle is beautiful and simple. The only disadvantage is that the smell disappears in just a few hours, so you have to apply it liberally or reapply it often. I always keep coming back to this fragrance, no other perfume will match Escale Porfofino. I live in Norway, and some of the department stores only have this fragrance during the summer, not in the winter time, which is a shame.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Escale a Portofino is a lovely burst of lemon and bergamot enhanced by citron. It reminds me quite a lot of 4711 but with far superior lasting power. It reminds me also of D & G Light Blue, not precisely, but quite a lot the same.
This is a lovely happy scent for summer. The lemon, bergamot and citron are tempered by the cyprus, cedar and galbanum base which lend depth and a mysterious note to this enchanting scent. A true delight which I highly recommend.