Dior Escale Portofino

3.7

I was given a sample and I liked Escale Portofino, but I think its lack of uniqueness doesn't justify its price tag. There are far more enticing and complex summery, lemony scents in Dior's portfolio (Diorella, reformulated or not, Dior Addict Eau Fraiche, Eau Sauvage). I thought the bitter almond and the neroli would add more interesting nuances to the citruses, but they are barely noticeable. On top of that, its longevity is so poor... For me it's a pleasant scent, but too pricey considering you have to reapply every 2 hours. As some of you have mentioned, It's like a top shelf Nenuco, a baby cologne which is very popular in my country, with which Portofino shares the citrusy notes and its lasting power.

Escale Portofino is the type of fragrance I would like to be given, as the bottle is beautiful, it's a Dior and the scent is nice and ideal for hot weather, but not buy myself.

on 12/3/2014 4:39:00 PM

I've read great reviews about this perfume on sites that I really like. But I have to give here my own opinion and the thing is I don't like it. I believe it to smell like cleaning products sometimes. It is refreshing but there's a note to it that bothers me.
I don't think it smells Dior quality.

on 8/11/2013 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Escale a Portofino opens with a blast of lemon. It's intense but probably not going to yield obnoxious sillage. As the scent dries down, it verges dangerously towards Pledge territory but a bit of orange blossom pulls it back just in time. The drydown is my favorite part - it gets a tad sweeter and I smell a green woodsiness that must be the cypress accord. If it were this interesting throughout, I might be tempted to get myself some. As it is, though, I much prefer my other new citrus find Lostmarch l'eau de l'Hermine.

on 12/2/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very dissapointed with this one, for Dior you expect quality even if its not your cup of tea as a fragrance. As a previous review commented, it smells of lemon pledge. I don't think I have to say much more.

on 11/8/2012 10:46:00 PM

if you like the children's scent Givenchy Ptisenbon Tartine et Chocolat but find it does not last at all, you should try this. To me it has that same citrusy soft lotiony scent. But longer lasting.

on 7/25/2012 6:15:00 AM

Beautiful cologne for summer, fresh, clean, soapy, not at all sweet, just like a summer breeze. The lasting power is pretty good. My favorite among the three escales.

on 12/14/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Portofino.. Italy...
This is the fragrance I liked least out of the 3 Escales but I purchased it anyway. I found that burst of citrus refreshing and fitting for summer, however the citrus is a bit masculine for my taste - im afraid people will think im wearing a men's perfume. Its very cologne like.

Its not a bad fragrance, its just too strong a citrus for me. I think this would smell amazing on a man! If I had a boyfriend I would've loved this on him.

on 10/16/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I give this a 3 because it is not really unpleasant but is incredibly mediocre. It goes on strongly neroli/orange blossom (it is a soapy orange blossom not fresh blossom/ or sweet orange blossom) . Of course the orange blossom fades VERY fast and what is left is a shampooey "clean" type scent. Not unpleasant - but since most of the duration smells like shampoo - certainly not the money. The name Escale e Portofino is pretty lofty for such a generic perfume.

on 9/8/2011 10:13:00 AM

A wonderful clear, green citrus, that mellows into mediteranean florals. Very uplifting and classy. Lovely for summer, but I also like to wear this in January for my post Christmas detox!

on 8/15/2011 8:00:00 AM

I tried a sample and I have been using this EDT for a few days. It is the perfect summer scent: it smells of citron, orange blosson and a touch of bitter almond. Most importantly it is not sickening sweet. Due to be a light summer scent the staying power is very limited so you have to reapply during the da. The scenty is not structured, it is very basic and overpriced (hence 2 lippies). Not worth the money.

Popular Fragrances