November 27, 2014 | 1522 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Solar White from Cool Heat 2008

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I know Solar White is a very popular LE shade, but IMO it's not that special. It's a decent brow highlight, but I don't like to use as an inner corner highlight because it doesn't apply very well, it's too hard in texture. I much prefer Shore Leave.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by kaatiex

I love love love Solar White - I use it practically every day - sometimes over my entire lid as a base; I use it to highlight and in the inner corner of my eye. I find it blends so easily. The colour is amazing and it just frames my eyes so perfectly! If MAC were to bring this back I would definitely buy a back-up, it's my favourite highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such an amazing eyeshadow ! It's very pigmented and soft and the color is amazing. It looks pink in the pan but it actually is a white gold with the slightest pink undertone. It is one of my favorite eyeshadow by Mac. Its similar to Photo Realism but with a pink undertone instead of a taupey one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

Solar White is an absolutely GORGEOUS shade that no pallet should be without. When you see it in the pan at firs it almost looks like a perfect blend between a very soft white and a cream shade but when you put it on your skin all the very soft gold undertones come out and really help to open your eyes out and make your skin pop. It *is* a frost but unlike a lot of lighter colored frosts it never starts to absolutely drown in its own color - when applied lightly this still makes for a very nice, natural looking highlight. Probably the best color from the Cool Earth collection. If you can find it - get it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeshadow from a CCO, and when i saw it i thought it was the prettiest light pinky-goldy whiteish shadow, but that is not the way it turns out on the lids. The color is still pretty imo,( light whiteish gold, with zero pink) but it's not the color that appears in the pan. I was at first dissapointed by the false advertisment, but the color is still great and i find it looks really good with green tones with Solar White in the inner lid area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This way TOO SHEER!

It is just a SHEEN of SHEER LIGHT GOLD! No white!

I need my light/pale shadows to have great payoff....and this does not fit my criteria!

Who wants to pack and pack and pack on the color?..... NO ONE! Especially for the price of MAC!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really want this to work for me, but it is just a very yellow/gold cast on my olive skin. But I see many love it, wish I did :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by natuerlich0207maria

It looks just white in the pot but on the lid it's a soft golden white color. I like to use it in the inner tear duct area and it brightens up the whole eye area. It's a gorgeous shadow. Sad that this is LE. I would buy it again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by woodwinkedgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this expecting it so show up on my very pale skin as a highlighter. Much to my surprise, it turned out to be very sheer and not nearly as pigmented as I was hoping. The color itself is very pretty and it leaves a beautiful gold shimmer, but I would rather pick up something a little more pigmented instead. Using it up for now, but not was I was looking for.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by missglowstick

I love this colour! I use it both as an eyeshadow and as a highlighter. It's a super shimmery white and looks amazing as a highlighter in the corner of the eyes. Yay for awake-and-big looking eyes :)
I would definitely repurchase. Wish this wasn't a LE shadow.