September 1, 2014 | 1958 users online

Loose Powders - Lumiere - Silk Radiance Powder in Winter Silk

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by rhumbafrapp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think the packaging is so-so, just in a clear window black sifter type of jar, with a round sticker indicating the name of the product and just recently, an expiration date.
Price is $9 for a 20g jar, but Lumiere have nifty sales once in a while, so just watch out for that. You can get them in kits too!
I like this product, i have a sample of this from long time ago, and just a few weeks back, tried it and im hooked! Your skin will look really nice and glowy, not the BE-type of glow, but more of low watt glow/sheen. It would be okay to put this in your forehead, cheeks and jaw , the effect is subtle yet the oomph factor is there. This and island sands are my faves.
i have long since purchased a fullsize!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Katinka007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading the two reviews here I decided to order full sized product without sampling it first, which proved to be an excellent decision. This is a very pale pinkish milky color without much shimmer, it just makes skin look glowy. I wear it mainly on top of the cheekbones.
It is close to Baby Face radiance (I uploaded a pic showing both), BF has more shimmer and is pinkier. I like BF but WS is a more effective highlighter for my fair skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by tracita

I agree with the previous reviewer--Winter Silk is indeed "glow in a jar"...it's gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a suprise this powder was for me! The first thing that comes to mind here is that this is a loose version of Becca's presssed shimmer powders. I wanted Beccas loose shimmer powders to be that but they were way too shimmery to use on my face as a highlighter. The pressed ones were much more subtle. Subtle is what this powder is. It's glow in a jar. There is no overt shimmer in it at all. It almost looks like it wouldn't show up on my face but it does. I am an NW15 and this is the perfect highlighter for me. I used it on it's own instead of foundation and it was gorgeous and I've used it over cream blush on my cheekbones and that was beautiful too. The color is a pale, nude ivory color. If you have a deeper skintone it might look chalky on you but for a pale or even medium person this is just perfect. Lumiere does make other colors in this formula so it would be worth checking out for any skintone if you are loking for a subtle highlighter. It's not dramatic at all, it's very enhancing and natual looking and it's impossible to overdo. I have a sample of this but I checked the website and this is very reasonably priced at $9 for a huge jar. I have tried highlighters in many many lines and I am serious when I tell you that this one is up there with the best and goes beyond many. If you want high shimmer and drama, keep looking but if you want to look fresh and glowy in a natural way, a way where people will think you look healthy and youthful but not be able to tell it's due to your makeup, this is your product!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No