August 28, 2014 | 1169 users online

Makeup Brushes - Make Up For Ever - Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

This is the most amazing brushes I have ever bought. One year later, no shedding, good as new, except the MUF label has rubbed off the handle (because I wash it so consistently.) Still looks almost good as new(:

Anything you want to use this brush for - Bronzer, blush, powder foundation, liquid foundation, setting powder, highlighter, anything - this brush will make it look perfect. The price tag is hefty, but it's a lot cheaper than spending 100+ dollars on a ton of brushes that suck.(; basically an amazing brush, my all time fav above Too Faced, Sonia Kashuk, Sephora, etc.
Xoxo<3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by LSolis22

I really liked this brush for applying my foundation. Its soft and doesnt create lines on your face like a typical flat foundation brush. I am not sure if this has ever happened to anyone else but mine just fell apart the other day and I bought last summer. So its about a year old. I started to use it and the hairs (all still bundled together) came out of the black base. I tried to push it back into the handle but the hairs started to come apart and didn't go back in evenly and now the brush is a mess. Im so sad because I dont have another brush like it. :( I bought it at the MUFE store on Roberston Blvd. so I am hoping that they will replace it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush! I fell in love with it after I used it to apply foundation at Sephora. The makeup artist was quite busy so she suggested that I apply the foundation (I don't even remember which brand of foundation I was trying at the time) myself and she would be back in a few minutes.Well, I applied the foundation and immediately decided to skip buying the foundation since I couldn't afford to buy both at the same time. I was completely obsessed with this Kabuki brush and my opinion has never wavered. It is the most prized brush in my collection of mostly Mac brushes. And to think that I don't even use it for powder, only for primer and foundation! It has a very luxurious feel to it and I feel extremely pampered every time I use it. The perfect word for this brush would be "decadent"!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A great kabuki brush which is very dense and soft. Works really well with buffing in and blending powder products. I like to use it with Guerlain Meteorites.
The brush is shaped very well which makes it comfortable to hold. It comes in a pouch which is very handy when travelling, also protects the brush from getting too much dust.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

The love of my life!! I really don't know what I would do without this beauty. I've tried every hyped up brush imaginable but they either wasted product, or didn't give enough coverage. This brush is sooo soft, and portable with its little zip pouch! It applies my bronzer flawlessly and I can honestly say I have zero complaints. My HG brush! I bought really nice brush cleaner just for this baby;) recommended, so worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is like a little pet.
Almost cuddly.
I use it for the very final polish of my makeup and love the feel of it to finish my makeup session and then zip it into its little case.
Expensive?
Yes. I hope to enjoy it during many years, though.

No shedding so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

Yes! This is a great brush. It is so soft but when using a fine powder it will buff it in very well. I can get an airbrushed look. I use this w/either MUFE HD powder or Smashbox Halo. It is so soft I can buff real well with no irritation. So far I've had this brush several months and no shedding and it seems just as good as new.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like this brush, but on my skin, its really harsh & scratchy (am I like the Princess and the Pea?). In addition, because I like to push powder (gently!) onto my skin, the hairs are just too long.

Eco tools are much softer & much less expensive - definitely prefered over this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing brush. It is so soft and pretty full/dense. It's great for when I apply powder on the face... Such a great investment. Definitely get the real thing! I've tried dupes and fake versions of this, it is not the same. So worth the money :)