December 22, 2014 | 1276 users online

Moisturizers - Reversa - Skin Smoothing Cream 8% Glycolic Acid

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a month and a half. It stung at first but that went away. I didn't notice anything for the longest time, but one day I passed the mirror and thought "my skin looks really good". I live in a place where the weather really takes a toll on skin (wind, bright sun, scratchy scarves) and I think this is playing a huge role in kieeping my skin nice. I have some sun spots that have appeared to fade a tad, but now that has seemed to stop.

I bought it in a set, and I found the price really reasonable, I would purchase this again. It seems like a fairly safe thing to spend your money on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ljr1963

This is the first GA product I have used. Prior to this I used Clinique 3 step for years (since my teens) with only a short interval before going back to it. After deciding that my skin probably required something very different than it did years ago I asked at Shoppers Drug Mart for some advice. The lady there said my skin was dry which surprised me. I was still having breakouts from time to time which seemed ridiculous at my age and since I am somewhat OCD about keeping my face clean I was also frustrated. She told me that using the Clinique toner would only dry my face but not address any breakouts and suggested Reversa.

I also found that it stung a little during the first month but I was assured this was normal and meant it was working and I used Avene Thermal Spring Water spray on my face before applying Reversa so that I could use less of it until the stinging stopped.

I noticed a difference quite quickly. It evened out the skin tone on my lightly freckled, slightly pinky cheeks and completely took care of the bumpy skin between my lower lip and chin, something I had been buying scrubs to get rid of for years. I have not had any blemishes since it started working.

After using it for several weeks I saw the same sales lady at Shoppers and when she saw me coming towards her she told me my skin was luminous and I didn't even have major issues before I started using it! When my husband took an early retirement people started asking if he was a lot older than me!!

I am very pleased and will continue to use this product. I use this at night and during the day I use the UV Anti-Wrinkle Fluid with 8%GA because it is lighter in texture and has UV protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, and it completely changed my skin. Before using this cream, I had incredibly ruddy, acneic, uneven skin. My NC40 Indian skin had severely dark pigmentation along the hollows of my cheek from past and ongoing acne. I picked up this cream as a slightly cheaper alternative to Neostrata's lotion from Shoppers Drug Mart. Before this product, I had never used glycolic acid.

Within one night, I found a significant improvement in the texture of my skin. Prior to this, I had not really understood what "soft" skin felt like. The product stung on the first few applications, but nothing that perpetuated serious irritation. I find this moisturizer quite thick for my combo skin, so I only use this at night, and during the day only during winter time. For those with oily skin, try Neostrata's Smoothing Lotion.

It's now been over 8 months, and this product has definitely help in the overall improvement of my skin's texture and tone. I find it helps keep my acne breakouts at bay, though my skin definitely hasn't completely cleared up (still looking for that miracle product!). My acne scars have definitely lightened but not completely. Still, I feel that with consistent use I will see further improvement.

I wish the product packaging was a little more sanitary, but I don't mind, since I use a q-tip to scoop it out. Also, one only needs a little to feel hydrated; one tub has lasted me for 8months, and I still see at least 1 month of use left. So, I definitely don't see the price as exorbitant.

I suggest anyone battling with acne to try out glycolic acid, and to try out this cream (unless you have shown previous aversion to AHA/BHA). And remember to always wear an spf when using these types of substances.

I will repurchase this cream over and over again :)!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Reversa Skin Smoothing Cream has really helped with my combination-oily blemish prone skin. My skin tone has really evened out and I have virtually no blemishes. I started out using it nightly.

I did find that the product did dry my skin out. I switched my routine, I alternate between Reversa 3 times a week, and a hydrating cream the other nights. I've had no dry problems since :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by lillill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Read some good reviews on here and decided to shell out the bigger bucks for this product, but alas Reversa is just not working for me. It seems that their products are harsher on my skin than expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Hypsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my go to for ingrowns on my legs and bikini area. Although I admit to switching between this and the neostrata with 8% glycolic acid.
I recently switched to earth science triple action problem skin treatment. It's been working much faster, overnight even on some of the sirface ingrowns. And I love the spray bottle! I also ordered some pfb vanish so we'll see how they stack up. For everyday cream I used Reversa until I found something more effective.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Shourek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Reversa, for those who do not know, is not an unknown brand. It is actually top in dermatological products along with Neostrata in Canada.
I had horrible acne a few years back, and it all cleared thanks to Accutane. However, acne scars remained.
I have been using thig everynight for the past 3 years, along with the Reversa 8% Glycolic Acid solution, and I am proud to say I do not have any marks left.
This product is amazing. It takes time to give results, but anything that works too fast is not lasting and damages your skin.
My dermatologist prescribed this to me and I am so glad I listened to him!!
It has the same formula as the Neostrata 8% Glycolic Acid smoothing cream, but the Reversa one is thicker, and I find it better since Glycolic Acid does dry your skin.
I have had no bad reactions whatsoever to this product.
Try it you won't regret!!
And remember to ONLY trust dermatological products. Anything from a cosmetics company is not meant to be put on bare skin. Trust me on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by samskye

I LOVE this product! I have been plagued for years by flaky, dry, oily, acne-prone skin! And to top it off, I have stage four rosacea that flares up horribly when I use many products. I bought Reversa Skin Smoothing Cream about three weeks ago from a Shopper's Drug Mart as an exfoliator. The beautician recommended it because of my rosacea and said it worked wonders on sensitive skin.
I have to say; she was absolutely right. I bought it for 34$, took it home, and used it that night. I had results immediately after using it. I applied the cream which sank into my skin after very little blending and my cheeks didn't become red or burn at all like they had with so many products before.
What happened next was incredible; as I rubbed the cream in, my dry skin began to come off. This sounds like a nightmare but the moisture in the product was giving me the ability to RUB OFF MY DRY SKIN revealing silky smooth, completely moisturized skin!!! I was hooked.
The pamphlet in the box says to use it every evening but I find that the cream loses a little bit of its ability when I do that. I've stuck to using it every few days and it retains its charm that way. I'm sold on this stuff. It's a little pricey compared to other exfoliators, but I know that if I want amazing results they are going to cost a little more.
I also like the fact that the cream is in a jar as opposed to a bottle or tube - that way you are able to get every little bit of product. If you're concerned about hygiene from usage, just wash your hands with soap before sticking your fingers into the jar.

I will recommend this product to everyone. It has seriously changed my life by giving me skin I can feel good about and be confident in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love it. Love_it. Now, it's a sad but true fact that these types of products (with chemical exfoliants) often need to be switched up so that your skin doesn't acclimate to their efficacy. So, while I love Mario Badescu's AHA & Ceramide Gel, it is necessary that I include other AHA's in my skincare regimen so that my skin continues to improve and the products I use continue to work for me as they should.

I discovered this at Shoppers after I moved to Canada a few months ago. It was on sale, I think I got it for like $20 (OMG) and I LOVE it. I'm not sure how accessible it is in the States, especially because it is manufactured here in Canada. But I'd definitely recommend it to people.

When I first tried it, I was so scared that it was going to ruin my acne-prone skin, because it is quite thick and emollient. But it's oil-free, and it has not irritated my skin at all. I use this stuff constantly, almost more than my Mario Badescu AHA & Ceramide now. It is AMAZING under my makeup (no foundation primer needed anymore!). It goes on thick and requires a bit of work to spread, but it quickly sinks into the skin (especially since I've been using my Clarisonic) and turns into a feather-light satin finish. It doesn't cause my makeup to be greasy or run or anything bad like that. It's perfect.

And if you put it on at night and sleep in it? Wow - you will wake up the next morning with unbelievably soft skin.

It does burn a bit when applying it, especially while blending, as you need to press it into your skin a bit, which I think causes it to get deeper and tingle. But anyone who's used any type of chemical exfoliant will know this is temporary (literally only lasts a few seconds) and it's not actually damaging your skin. It's really easy to deal with, especially since it's an indicator that the product is working. For anyone who hasn't used an AHA or glycolic acid before, you might be taken aback by it, but just bite the bullet. No pain no gain, right?

Try this one out, people. Make sure you don't apply it too thick - in the first few days, I had such a hard time spreading it that I would add more to overcompensate, and then it ends up too thick and might seem greasy. But that's due to bad application, not to the actual product itself. I can't believe how cheaply this is priced compared to the competition. You're definitely getting a bang for your buck. I love this product, I love that I can use it day or night, even around my eyes - and NO it doesn't burn around my eyes. AHA is great for wrinkles, so as long as you're careful and don't get it IN your eyes, you'll be fine. Doesn't have any perfumes, either.

Some people are complaining about the packaging being unsanitary because it's in a jar and not a tube. Trust me, it's better in the jar. If you're concerned about hygiene because of dipping your fingers into it, then just use a clean q-tip each time to scoop it out, and that way you're not ever getting bacteria from your hands into the jar. I much prefer a jar over a tube any day, because tubes cause us to waste product.

Try this out! I didn't give it 5 lippies because that's rare for me and I expect something to be jaw-droppingly amazing to get that kind of vote from me. But it is spectacular and I highly recommend it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After researching a bit, I wanted to try a GA product, mainly because of acne, pore size, some hyperpigmentation from old scars, and rough skin texture. I do have some fine lines, but I am not that concerned about wrinkles -- I'm more annoyed by the fact that my skin does not "bounce back" and heal from acne as quickly as it used to when I was younger. Scars and scabs take forever to go away, and my skin's texture has coarsened a little in general.

I bought Reversa Skin Smoothing Cream (8% GA) at Shopper's for about $27 (after two coupons that the sales associate kindly gave me!) I was concerned about starting on the 8% right away, since there is a 4% cream available, but she assured me that it would be fine since my skin is not very sensitive, and since the GA in Reversa has a time-release formula.

The instructions say to start using it only every other day at first, after doing the obligatory arm-patch test for allergic reaction. The cream has no scent, and felt quite gentle on my skin. I put it on at night after cleansing my face with Cetaphil and witch hazel, and it felt light but creamy, not greasy but moisturizing. I had the slightest little bit of tingling around my nose, but nothing alarming.

When I woke up the next morning, my skin looked improved, and one particular new scab I'd developed on a delicate area of skin (right over my cheekbone) had actually HEALED overnight. This would normally have been a 3-4 day process for my skin. I didn't use the cream then for two nights. When I put it on again last night, I felt absolutely none of the tingling from the first time, and it was just a lovely-feeling moisturizer (and a little goes a long way!) I woke up this morning to, once again, nice-looking, refreshed, dare I say HEALED skin. The pores on my nose were visibly lighter.

You must wear an SPF during the day if you use this cream. I would definitely follow the instructions to use it only once every other night to start with. If you have sensitive skin or don't know how your skin will react to GA, definitely do the patch test, and perhaps start with the 4% formulation. If you have oily skin, this cream might be too rich for day use.

UPDATE: I've now used this for a week and a half or so, and using it every night is not a good option for me -- I started to break out, and the "healing" effect was lessened. I've switched back to every other day, and it works as it originally did again. But it looks like I will still need salicylic acid and perhaps benzoyl peroxide to keep my acne at bay. Will update with long-term progress when I'm near the end of the jar.

UPDATE 2: It's been just over 2 weeks, and I'm now able to wear it nightly without breakouts (still using BP and SA though.) Since the acne products I use are drying, I appreciate the rich emollient factor of the cream now. The biggest effect I notice with this now is that the sebaceous filaments on my nose are drastically reduced when I use it regularly.

UPDATE 3: I've found this stuff is ESPECIALLY awesome if you get any crusty/flaky patches of dry skin. It even is helpful on my psoriasis in between Rx treatments. Has a surprising lot of uses if you have skin with issues! I'm using Retin-A now instead of OTC acne treatments, but I'm planning to finish using up this jar on off-nights, and may find myself repurchasing in the future unless I can get hold of something similar for cheaper.

Label says Reversa products are "hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, vegetal and mineral oil-free, paraben-free and without synthetic fragrance."

INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycolic Acid, Caprylic Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Sorbitan Stearate, Arginine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No