Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream with Apricot Extract

3.5

on 7/2/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This thick, light orange, fragranced cream contains urea as its second ingredient. Urea exfoliates, so those with problem cuticles should see improvement if they use the cream often. The other relevant ingredients are moisturizers. The cream has a long ingredient list, but the first seven ingredients are water, urea, mineral oil, lanolin, cetyl alcohol, beeswax, and glycerin.
I always use the cream on my cuticles at night to prevent torn cuticles, and I use it to moisturize my nails when I'm not wearing polish.

on 6/16/2015 2:46:00 PM

I love this little pot. At night i put coconut oil on my nails/cuticles but i always carry this in my purse/makeup bag in case i need it. I love the smell, and it lasts a very long time.

on 6/8/2015 11:10:00 PM

This little pot of miracles has been included on the list of holy grail beauty products for me. I try to use this at least once a day and it has been amazing for me. it has softened and made me cuticles look great - BUT!!! it ALSO has strengthened my nails to the point that I don't even want to paint them because of how good they look! long, strong, no chipping...amazing. I rub the balm on my cuticles and then up my whole nail to the tips. it may not for others...but after about 5 minutes it completely absorbs into my skin leaving a very light and pleasant apricot scent. got mine at for about $3!

on 11/10/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I see a lot of good reviews here, but I didn't have the same experience. I felt like this product didn't do much for my cuticles at all. It never really sunk in, it just stayed on top of my skin, if that makes sense. I also felt like it was sort of a pain to get out of the tub; it takes a lot of swirling with your finger to warm it up enough to be useable. It seemed to be slightly moisturizing, so I gave it 2 lippies, but it's nothing great. I wouldn't buy again or recommend.

on 11/3/2014 7:06:00 PM

I love this stuff! Almost through my first tub. I use it of a night time 2 times a week and then pop cotton gloves on to sleep cause it's quite orange and if it were to get on the sheets I think you'd have a hard time getting it off since it's a bit like wax. There is always a little bit of residue left in the morning that I clean off with a tissue but most has soaked in and I now have lovely soft cuticles and skin. This has improved my nail strength and quality a lot too - less peel nails!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A very serviceable cuticle cream; not as moisturizing as some, but also not greasy. The apricot scent is a classic to my sensibilities, just what manicure products should smell like. It's solid, but not so much so that it's hard to get out of the tub. This won't do it for me as my sole cuticle moisturizer---I also use AmLactin body cream and Zoya cuticle balm---but it's a nice evening treatment in addition to everything else I do to keep my cuticles looking like a human being's. More is definitely better - it's best to cover the whole nail and massage it in for a few minutes rather than trying to stick to the cuticles only.

on 6/8/2014 6:29:00 AM

I love this little tub of goodness! I purchased this for dirt cheap at a local dollar store at around $2.

When I first opened the product I was surprised to see a deep coral colored solid-looking balm. I was expecting it to be more like a gel or cream like the name suggests.

At first it was hard to get the product out of the tub but then I realized I could warm it up by rubbing my finger over the product. It does have a waxy feel to it but it doesn't bother me at all. I actually kind of like it.

So far I've been using this product for about two weeks and my cuticles look amazing! I can't remember the last time I haven't had at least ONE hangnail or peeling skin above my cuticles. But I have NONE. My cuticles look incredibly healthy due to this product.

Now I've got cuticles like the women with flawless nails that advertise polishes ;)

on 1/19/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is more of a cuticle balm. Its a thick texture that gets soft and melty when warmed in the hands. To me this does a good job of moisturizing and protecting the cuticles. I love the mild sweet smell. Great to carry around.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been using this product for 25 years exclusively for my cuticles. I had very dry, rough, ragged & fast growing cuticles until a friend told me about this. I generally apply it at bedtime, but have also applied it during the day during winter months or if my nails are feeling excessively dry/rough after nail polish removal. I dig into the small jar by pushing forward with my nail so that the product is on top of my nail and not underneath. A little goes a long way so take a little because you can always take more. Next, I dot each cuticle with what I removed, then I dig in again to get enough for the other hand. After every cuticle has some product on it, I then begin massaging it into my cuticle first then my nail (if unpolished/if polished I skip this step) & finally a little under my nail (on the skin, not the nail). If there's any left over I rub it up each finger just to the first joint. This product keeps my cuticles beautiful looking. When I was younger, I used to use it every night. Now, I don't seem to need to. Maybe because I moisturize in general more often. I also use Sally Hansen's cuticle remover cream with an orange stick for light cuticle growth & for heavy I use a pair of Revlon cuticle nippers. This product is not for removal, it's for moisture. After you push back or trim your cuticles they can appear dry and ragged. If this is happening to you, then I highly recommend that you try this cream. Like I said, 25 years & I just bought two more jars yesterday since they were on sale. This is something that I don't want to run out of.

on 5/13/2013 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product allot because I can just use it once every few days and my cuticles still look fantastic! It really moisturizes and softens my cuticles and its not too sticky or oily so it doesn't bother me to leave it on for awhile. In my opinion it works better than just using cuticle oil.

Popular Treatments