November 23, 2014 | 1043 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Cuticle Massage Cream with Apricot Extract

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I see a lot of good reviews here, but I didn't have the same experience. I felt like this product didn't do much for my cuticles at all. It never really sunk in, it just stayed on top of my skin, if that makes sense. I also felt like it was sort of a pain to get out of the tub; it takes a lot of swirling with your finger to warm it up enough to be useable. It seemed to be slightly moisturizing, so I gave it 2 lippies, but it's nothing great. I wouldn't buy again or recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Almost through my first tub. I use it of a night time 2 times a week and then pop cotton gloves on to sleep cause it's quite orange and if it were to get on the sheets I think you'd have a hard time getting it off since it's a bit like wax. There is always a little bit of residue left in the morning that I clean off with a tissue but most has soaked in and I now have lovely soft cuticles and skin. This has improved my nail strength and quality a lot too - less peel nails!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A very serviceable cuticle cream; not as moisturizing as some, but also not greasy. The apricot scent is a classic to my sensibilities, just what manicure products should smell like. It's solid, but not so much so that it's hard to get out of the tub. This won't do it for me as my sole cuticle moisturizer---I also use AmLactin body cream and Zoya cuticle balm---but it's a nice evening treatment in addition to everything else I do to keep my cuticles looking like a human being's. More is definitely better - it's best to cover the whole nail and massage it in for a few minutes rather than trying to stick to the cuticles only.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by reallycarly

I love this little tub of goodness! I purchased this for dirt cheap at a local dollar store at around $2.

When I first opened the product I was surprised to see a deep coral colored solid-looking balm. I was expecting it to be more like a gel or cream like the name suggests.

At first it was hard to get the product out of the tub but then I realized I could warm it up by rubbing my finger over the product. It does have a waxy feel to it but it doesn't bother me at all. I actually kind of like it.

So far I've been using this product for about two weeks and my cuticles look amazing! I can't remember the last time I haven't had at least ONE hangnail or peeling skin above my cuticles. But I have NONE. My cuticles look incredibly healthy due to this product.

Now I've got cuticles like the women with flawless nails that advertise polishes ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is more of a cuticle balm. Its a thick texture that gets soft and melty when warmed in the hands. To me this does a good job of moisturizing and protecting the cuticles. I love the mild sweet smell. Great to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for 25 years exclusively for my cuticles. I had very dry, rough, ragged & fast growing cuticles until a friend told me about this. I generally apply it at bedtime, but have also applied it during the day during winter months or if my nails are feeling excessively dry/rough after nail polish removal. I dig into the small jar by pushing forward with my nail so that the product is on top of my nail and not underneath. A little goes a long way so take a little because you can always take more. Next, I dot each cuticle with what I removed, then I dig in again to get enough for the other hand. After every cuticle has some product on it, I then begin massaging it into my cuticle first then my nail (if unpolished/if polished I skip this step) & finally a little under my nail (on the skin, not the nail). If there's any left over I rub it up each finger just to the first joint. This product keeps my cuticles beautiful looking. When I was younger, I used to use it every night. Now, I don't seem to need to. Maybe because I moisturize in general more often. I also use Sally Hansen's cuticle remover cream with an orange stick for light cuticle growth & for heavy I use a pair of Revlon cuticle nippers. This product is not for removal, it's for moisture. After you push back or trim your cuticles they can appear dry and ragged. If this is happening to you, then I highly recommend that you try this cream. Like I said, 25 years & I just bought two more jars yesterday since they were on sale. This is something that I don't want to run out of.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product allot because I can just use it once every few days and my cuticles still look fantastic! It really moisturizes and softens my cuticles and its not too sticky or oily so it doesn't bother me to leave it on for awhile. In my opinion it works better than just using cuticle oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by invisiblemonstar

I LOVE THIS STUFF. It is a little hard to get out of the packaging at first, but as you continue to use it, the product kind of melts and becomes creamier. I use this every night with Eucerin hand cream (the really heavy duty kind), and I've REALLY noticed a difference in my dry and all-around icky hands. As I remember, this is somewhat expensive (6 dollars?), but you can find it on sale pretty often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This did not absorb into my cuticles at all. I picked it up because it appeared to be gluten free. It just went on as a sticky mess, never really accomplishing anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I'll compare this to Qtica's cuticle balm, my favorite. The Qtica softens more, even really dry, ragged cuticles - the Sally Hansen softens a lot, but not completely. The Qtica is "meltier" and easier to get out of the pot. Despite this, they both absorb about as easily. The Sally Hansen smells way better (the Qtica has a perfume-y scent I really don't care for) and costs way less (about US$6 for 0.4 oz vs. $14 for 0.25 oz). I might keep buying the Qtica just because I'm enjoying not feeling those hard ridges of skin along the edges of my nails, but the Sally Hansen is certainly an acceptable substitute.