April 20, 2014 | 1709 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Cuticle Massage Cream with Apricot Extract

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is more of a cuticle balm. Its a thick texture that gets soft and melty when warmed in the hands. To me this does a good job of moisturizing and protecting the cuticles. I love the mild sweet smell. Great to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for 25 years exclusively for my cuticles. I had very dry, rough, ragged & fast growing cuticles until a friend told me about this. I generally apply it at bedtime, but have also applied it during the day during winter months or if my nails are feeling excessively dry/rough after nail polish removal. I dig into the small jar by pushing forward with my nail so that the product is on top of my nail and not underneath. A little goes a long way so take a little because you can always take more. Next, I dot each cuticle with what I removed, then I dig in again to get enough for the other hand. After every cuticle has some product on it, I then begin massaging it into my cuticle first then my nail (if unpolished/if polished I skip this step) & finally a little under my nail (on the skin, not the nail). If there's any left over I rub it up each finger just to the first joint. This product keeps my cuticles beautiful looking. When I was younger, I used to use it every night. Now, I don't seem to need to. Maybe because I moisturize in general more often. I also use Sally Hansen's cuticle remover cream with an orange stick for light cuticle growth & for heavy I use a pair of Revlon cuticle nippers. This product is not for removal, it's for moisture. After you push back or trim your cuticles they can appear dry and ragged. If this is happening to you, then I highly recommend that you try this cream. Like I said, 25 years & I just bought two more jars yesterday since they were on sale. This is something that I don't want to run out of.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product allot because I can just use it once every few days and my cuticles still look fantastic! It really moisturizes and softens my cuticles and its not too sticky or oily so it doesn't bother me to leave it on for awhile. In my opinion it works better than just using cuticle oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by invisiblemonstar

I LOVE THIS STUFF. It is a little hard to get out of the packaging at first, but as you continue to use it, the product kind of melts and becomes creamier. I use this every night with Eucerin hand cream (the really heavy duty kind), and I've REALLY noticed a difference in my dry and all-around icky hands. As I remember, this is somewhat expensive (6 dollars?), but you can find it on sale pretty often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This did not absorb into my cuticles at all. I picked it up because it appeared to be gluten free. It just went on as a sticky mess, never really accomplishing anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I'll compare this to Qtica's cuticle balm, my favorite. The Qtica softens more, even really dry, ragged cuticles - the Sally Hansen softens a lot, but not completely. The Qtica is "meltier" and easier to get out of the pot. Despite this, they both absorb about as easily. The Sally Hansen smells way better (the Qtica has a perfume-y scent I really don't care for) and costs way less (about US$6 for 0.4 oz vs. $14 for 0.25 oz). I might keep buying the Qtica just because I'm enjoying not feeling those hard ridges of skin along the edges of my nails, but the Sally Hansen is certainly an acceptable substitute.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a Godsend during the cold, snowy winter months. If I smooth any hangnails with this before bed, they are healed the next day. Not greasy and pleasant smelling. I've found this product so helpful (and reasonably priced) any time throughout the year.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by AmberKay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells OK, packaging is OK, works OK...nothing special here. I use it on occasion, but everytime I do I regret it. It's messy, greasy, and makes my nails look filmy (when they're polished. Right now I have a manicure that I paid good money for, I don't want my cuticle repair to leave them all nasty.) It just doesn't seem to absorb well, or quickly.

I'll take an easy to use cuticle pen over this gunk anyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupalways749

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big nail person so I don't tend to use a lot of nail treatment products; however, I bite my nails all the time and after a while the skin around my nails was getting cracked and dry. I tried this and it worked really well. I put it on at night and in the morning the skin around my nails looks healthy and moisturized. It's purpose is a nail cuticle cream, but it works best for me as a skin moisturizer around my nails. Hand cream doesn't work as well around my nails so I'm glad I found this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh, this product is okay. I stopped using it after a few uses. Nothing spectacular.