July 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

Mascara - Lancome - hypnose onyx platinum brown

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

note that I rated the Price as 1 purely because i got this at DF&CCO for $5!

The color is a deep but soft brown. On the wand it looks almost like a gunmetal gray but with brown-ish tendency. Definitely dark enough for every day use. The wand is VERY easy to use, and the formula goes on the lashes smoothly and in a way where you can TELL it's getting on your lahes. My prob with Maybelline and some other brands is that despite I was using black, i kept having the feeling like nothing was being coated on my lashes. With the Hypnose Onyx, it feels like with one swipe i could get the product on without any clumping or weirdness.

it added a lot of volume to my lashes for sure. Length, not as much, but I also didn't really try to put a TON on it (i didn't double dip at all). Even then it still added some length to my lashes. Like the previous reviewer said, it's a very natural color, not at all overly dark like some other mascara. In fact wearing this, it almost seem like it's my NATURAL lashes that are so thick and long. only on closer look can you tell that it's mascara. It's a very very nice alternative to black, especially if you normally think black is too harsh on you.

this mascara is also very light. i put a decent amount on, and it's really nice that for despite my lashes being so much fatter and some what longer, it doesn't FEEL like i got a ton of product on my lashes. I had that problem when I used some of my clinique mascara samples or Maybelline's lash stylist or Imju's Fiberwig.

overall it just feels very natural in every way possible, color, weight, volume and length (because it's not long to the extent where people think it's fake or too much mascara). VERY awesome for an every day look.

oh the bristles on the wand is also quite soft. I think i'm gonan toss my Lash Stylist (though I like how the wand is) because the wand is too harsh and kept poking at my eyelid -_-;;;

too bad Lancome pulled it from their site. I'm semi tempted to go to back DF&CCO to get another one as a backup!

EDIT: it definitely doesn't clump too badly, but i would still use a lash comb through it once to really separate. because the formula is so soft, sometimes i feel like there's too much on my lashes, so to remove some extra is nice. the color is very natural == good, but i'm also very used to using black so using brown, if you're standing directly under light, it sort of reflects off the top of your eyelashes, and make your lashes look lighter, which isn't necessarily a bad thing so much as a funny thing to see. lol still very nice mascara, it's my go to brown color!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by catgirlamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. I've only been using it about a week but so far it's nearly perfect. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes without looking overly done (though it's certainly buildable to the point of "Are you wearing false lashes?") and is very smudge resistant. No more raccoon eyes! I love the shade platinum brown because it looks more natural on me. It does come in a dark shade also, I believe. An expensive splurge, but worth it to me.