Almay smart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally like this concealer.. I have it in light and works well for under my eyes.. I have dark circles and this covers them up.. I have sensitive eyes and this does not bother them at all! Love all of Almay Procducts since they are hypoallergenic! Yay!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's a decent concealer when it's brand new and just out of the package. it blends well and looks great... after letting it sit in my makeup bag for a few weeks, it split!!! the pigment came blasting out as a liquid that went all over my sink and vanity, and the rest of the concealer was this weird nude colored cream. when i tried to apply it, it would go on unevenly and more of the pigment liquid came gushing out out of concealer making it difficult to apply and messy. Even shaking the tube before using doesn't even help to mix the pigment into the cream. I definitely won't be using this product again.

First, I have not used this product but after reading the first few reviews it is going back unopened and I will get my money back. I give it 5 stars for packaging because it was in a sealed pack, which I think is hygienic, 4 stars for the sale price. Thank you for the reviews because I can tell I will not be happy with this concealer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So far, so good. I don't tend to use concealer around my eyes because it always settles in fine lines. Lately, I have had very dark circles. I found this concealer at a great price and decided to give it a try. Doesn't cake up in creases, is not overly highlighted, and blends smoothly.

I purchased the light/medium Smart Shade and it was NOT light at all. The product was thick and orange. I would not recommend this product. I'm off to the store to return it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Crap. Had to throw it out. Absolute garbage.
It comes out a different color every time and I can see no rhyme or reason to what color it comes out. On the exact same spot on my face one day it was almost white and the next a chocolatey brown. And I bought the Light! Trying to use it to cover dark circles or blemishes is literally impossible because it just reacts with the darkest it can go. So instead of blue circles under your eyes, have some deep brown ones. They'll look great!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am involved in activities that put me in outside for 9-12 hours a week. Do to this (and my skin that tans very easily) my skin tone is constantly evolving. I've always had trouble finding concealer that can adapt to this. And I thought that I had found a good fix with Smart Shade. The first few weeks it worked extremely well, but only after a moth the concealer has began to separate in the tube and a brown liquid puddle accompanies every dollop of product. Not only that, but the liquid has begun seeping out the tip and into the lid. Just to apply it I have to blend it on my hand before I blend it on my face. It doesn't help when I'm short on time.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful. Separates no matter what you do.

WORST. CONCEALER. EVER. First, no matter how much you shake the tube, the product separates badly. When you squeeze it onto your finger or a sponge, it comes out as a dark brown oily liquid (which can't be good for my acne-prone skin) and a blob of whitish paste. After blending the two, you get an uber-light oily concealer. Although my skin tone is very pale and I always need the lightest shade of foundations and concealers, this was still way too light for me. Even worse, the coverage was poor...it was far too sheer to conceal either red marks from acne or dark eye circles. Layering did not help the coverage, it only made it obvious that I was wearing concealer. Yet after washing my hands with soap, I could still see some of the concealer on my fingers! I guess you need makeup remover to get it off properly. I'm also not crazy about the tube packaging...I prefer sticks or pencils that are easier to apply and less prone to spillage in my purse.

Would not recommend or repurchase. In fact, I'm taking this back to Target to see if they will refund my money.

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I had heard about this concealer and i thought the "Smart Shade" aspect would work well for me as I have discoloured spots. I asked for it for Christmas as I realized I wanted to try it around Christmas Time. I tried it and was extremely dissapointed. The Titile is a lie. It did not match my skin tone at all, and maybe I just bought the wrong one but even had I got a lighter shade, it was quite orange. I hate orange-ish makeup, therefore the only time that I use this is when i use my other poorly constructed concealer by Almay that is too light for my skin. When mixed they have nice coverage , but alone; never work for me.

I very much do not reccmend trying this product. If you are looking for a nice concealer go for the Covergirl FreshComplexion which I absolutely adore.

In conclusion, I can safely say that my holy grail concealer is definetely not from Almay.

Top Rated Almay Products