October 25, 2014 | 975 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Figue-Iris is quite strange for being an Aqua Allegoria: unlike her other sisters, this one has stubborn staying power on me.
Also, forget about fig leaves or anything green from the fig note: the other notes (mainly vanilla and iris) manage to turn this fig into a milky, sweet fruit with no leaves at all (nothing like Phylosikos, for example). The iris note is also very well detectable and generally good (iris being a cherished flower in the Guerlain House and a main character in some masterpieces, namely L'Heure Bleue and Après l'Ondée).
Overall, this fragrance smells comforting, classy and very spring like to me, so worth owning a full bottle if you like the notes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: bergamot, grapefruit, violet, iris, fig, milky notes, woods, vetiver and vanilla.

This fragrance opens with a sweet melange of vanilla, bergamot and grapefruit. The sparkly citrus notes vanish quickly to be replaced by powdery iris and creamy milky notes. So far I do not see any fig in this fragrance, unless it is candied fig to add sweetness. Eventually the fruit does comes through, though very muted in the background, and balances the sweetness of the other notes. Violet and vetiver are present in the accord, not as dominant notes, but as modifiers. Violet enhances the powdery quality, whereas vetiver adds a smoky finish to the whole. The fragrance stays sweet and powdery throughout its development until it vanishes after four hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by karmamay

My favorite Aqua Allegoria and one of the nicest fig scents I have worn. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was in Sephora with my sister, and I happened to smell this on the strip and I said, "Oooh", so I sprayed some on. As a lover of both fig and iris, I was very pleased. It was very dry and figgy without much iris, but with just enough iris to keep the fig from smelling like something from Yankee Candle or Bath and Body Works. It's an uber-light scent that doesn't last long, but for the time that it sticks around, it is incredibly pleasant and refreshing. When wearing it, it has this airy quality that smells more like you've dried your clothes with fig-scented dryer sheets, than the aura of a perfume that's been sprayed directly on. Someday I hope to acquire a bottle of this, but I don't think I'd actually buy it, due to poor staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of Guerlain (and not because I'm french. Although I am.)
The Aqua Allegoria line is GREAT, especially for summer or for people who don't like strong fragrances.
I wear Jardin de Bagatelle, l'Heure Bleue, Vol de nuit, L'instant, Figue et Iris et Herba Fresca.
Figue et Iris is the greatest by far. It is very light yet strong and sexy. I love how it ages on the skin. The sad part is that it's gonna be discontinued in Canada. So I bought three of them.
I'm set. I love love love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to like this, and sniffing it from the bottle and on paper, it smelled like it might be right up my alley. However, on skin this goes from a slightly alcoholic watery soapy scent, to a soapy scent with hints of sweet fig and not much else. Boo, I am so wanting to love one of these for the beautiful bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I rather liked this scent, and it was hands down my first choice of all the Aqua Allegoria line as I adore iris and love fig. This starts out almost all sweet fig and honey but quickly becomes soft iris. Unfortunately this doesn't last on me and I don't detect much of a dry down. There may be a vanilla note but I don't detect the milk note others have mentioned. The fig does appear creamy, but not milky. I wish I could detect the tonka others mention, I would love that. There is a slightly powdery note but this could be violet or soemthing else and it is quite subtle.

Since I went to Sephora with the plan to purchase one of the D&G scents, I am pleased that I chose this instead because I think it is more sophisticated. I only wish the Iris had better lasting power.

I will say that this isn't like anything else that is popular right now and the bottle with the adorable beehive design is super cute.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by AnnaSa

For fans of fig rather than iris lovers. A wonderful fig scent, fresh but still creamy and sweet. The only negative is the very poor lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A pale, milky sort of fig, and no iris to speak of. Not bad if you like fig.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was chosen for me as a gift by some friends who know me very well. It’s rather better behaved and demure than I tend to be, but perhaps that will change when I wear it. In general I’m not a fan of the Aqua Allegoria line, but I had it in the back of my mind to court this one at some point as I had been drawn to how sweet and powdery it seemed on a sniffing outing.
This fragrance could work at any time of year, being both ethereal and warm. It’s also quite aloof and subdued – and yet, these very pretty notes of violet, cherry, fig and iris, which cut through the doughy middle, sing assertively and sweetly. Cherry isn’t listed but the combination of fig flesh and violet make it seem so. The powdery element has a lot of grace, the iris is rooty but far less than most iris fragrances, and there is enough green sappiness for things to stay fresh.
I’m enamoured by Figue-Iris, which reminds me of Apres L’Ondee in its silhouette. It needs constant reapplication, but since it usually takes me a long time to hit the bottom of a perfume bottle, I don’t mind spraying liberally. My thoughts are to pair this with berry –stained lips and a beret.