November 23, 2014 | 1098 users online

Treatments (Face) - Abra Therapeutics Alpha Enzyme Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far this is pretty amazing stuff, very natural yet very effective at clearing up skin and fading darker acne scar marks. The ingredient list reads more like a recipe or something, apple puree, apple juice, sugar cane. The mask is very runny and has the color of apple sauce. The smell is pleasant and not too strong. After about 20 minutes it dries and
It stings my skin a little bit, but not too bad. My skin is dry but with a lot of oily clogged pores and this mask does a great job smoothing out the dry patches and unclogging pores, my skins condition is much better. you only need a thin layer, so the value of this is good too.
I haven't noticed any effect on fine lines, but I will report

Great mask, highly recommended!

The ingredients have changed a little bit, here is the updated list:

Mixed fruit acids 6%. Organic apple puree, organic apple juice, organic apple pectin, organic apple fiber, organic sugarcane (saccharum officinarum), glycolic acid (sugarcane), malic acid (apple), lactic acid (bilberry), citric acid (lemon), tartaric acid (maple), vegetable glycerin, maple sugar (acer saccharum), lemon juice, aloe barbadensis juice, lavender essential oil (lavandula officinalis), organic jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), guar gum, xanthan gum, olive leaf (olea europaea), rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin responds well to Alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA). I was using another AHA product years ago with good results but stopped using it for some reason or another. I have acne and lots of reddish-purple scars. This product has helped me quite a bit. The biggest difference I've noticed is how smooth my face looks and how it seems to glow. My acne has also reduced in severity and I think my skin might be clearing up for the first time in years. My skin also seems less oily these days. What I love most of all about this product is the all-natural ingredient list. It is made from fruits and essential oils, like lavender, which smells nice and is good for your skin. I love, love, love this product and hope to never be without it again. I've already seen such an improvement in my skin after a few weeks and I hope the good results keep on coming.

Edit: while AHA is great for my skin, I am now not sure if I would repurchase this. It leaves a very sticky film on my face. While it's not a huge problem because I use it at night, I sometimes end up rinsing this off after awhile just so I can apply moisturizer. I might choose to buy to an easily absorbed liquid AHA next time to simplify my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by VOverdorf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous choice for those with sensitive skin. It really helps with prepping the skin for smooth makeup application and I find its gentle enough that I can just sleep in it. I've been using this mask for years now and its definitely a mainstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, who knew? An all natural, gentle, inexpensive peel that actually works! I've always been a fan of acid peels. My deep brown, mostly clear but acne prone skin scars so easily. Every little blemish leaves a mark. But these complicated peeling systems and strong stingy chemicals are pretty intense with blah results, and especially when you're using topical acne medicine, your skin is already so sensitve.... My spots are fading already with this. It's so light and dries super quick and you only need a super thin layer. I find it packs the most punch when you leave it on problem areas as a spot treatment overnight. In the morning, and especially the next day, my skin is GLOWING. And my pores are shrunken and my skin just looks so smooth. My makeup glides on better and dryness and/or oiliness is eliminated. I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kissliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this gem! I have been using this for years, and it impresses me every time =]

I have left it on for 15 minutes, overnight, an hour, and every increment in between. It is always soothing, yet exfoliating. It's never to harsh, and smells delicious.

My favorite use for it is over picked/irritated/generallyannoyingspotsthatwillnotheal, lol I don't know how it works so well, but it does. I tend to get weepy eczema patches that continually crust over, peel off, and begin again. It is beyond annoying. An overnight dose of this usually does the trick.

For reference, I also use retin-a gel, and am quite acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by farrahnoel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is highly effective and smells just like apple cider. It smoothes my skin without irritation. I have combination skin leaning more towards dry the older I become. I use this once a week. It doesn't deserve 5 lippies because of the unsanitary pot/jar packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I first tried this in 2004 or 2005 when I first started using AHA products on my face. I didn't dislike it the first time around, but at the time I wasn't using Retin-A Micro and wanted something a bit more intensive, so it didn't really suit my needs. Now that I am using retinoids I wanted something gentle, so I decided to try this again. I used it on sunday night and left it on for the instructed 15 minutes (when I used it previously I had kept it on for an hour or more, and according to the box you can leave it on overnight if you want), and when I rinsed it off I didn't really notice any difference in my skin. On one hand that's a good thing; there was no visible irritation and my skin wasn't stinging at all. On the other hand it didn't appear to have done anything good for my skin. But when i woke up the next day my skin looked and felt wonderful. It was very soft and the purging from RAM had calmed down a lot and beginning to heal. I may try leaving it on a little longer next time, but I'm really pleased with it. I also love the all natural ingredients, and it smells like apple cider (yum!). it's a bit expensive, but the quality of ingredients, and the fact that you have to use so little make it worthwhile. I can see where many people would want something more intensive, but if you're using retinoids, or have skin that's sensitive to AHA's this is worth trying. ingredients: Fermented Organic Apple Concentrates, Raw Cane Sugar, Lemon Juice, Apple Pectin, Acerola Juice, Vitamin E Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Salicyclic Acid, Grape Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Lavender Essential Oil. continued >>