April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yes To Carrots - Hand and Elbow Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Grafkiukas

It is a good product, but not my favorite. It softens the skin all right, but also leaves my hands waxy for quite some time - takeslong to absorb. It is a huge package, so you get a lot for your money. And it smells nice. I think i will check the line for other products, but not the hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Nepthaphis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another favorite product of mine, and a staple at our house!

My BF even find this mixes perfectly with Aloe Vera gel to treat sunburn :D

The brand is cruelty free, which is essential for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hate to give this a bad review. I love all of the other Yes To Carrots prodects. I was excited to try this. The smell is horrid and I can't get past it. I washed my hands three times to get the stench off. I saw that they made a new one and the one I tried is the older one. Hopefully the new one is better!

Edit - 5/10/13
I have tried the new formula and it is amazing. My review before was for the older version. The new formula has a light powdery scent, not over bearing or drying. Makes my hands and elbows baby soft.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on Clearance at CVS for about $5. It's not bad for a cheap handcream- I tear mine up from work and climbing. It absorbs quickly, but it's not particularly nourishing and I hate the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by gingersparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am constantly on the search for the HG hand cream. I have oily skin everywhere on my body except my hands. They need help! Cuticles so dry, they crack and bleed often.
I like this hand cream. I love that is has no scent. I am looking for performance not fluff. It absorbs well. It doesn’t make my hands perfect but it does help keep them under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by JunglistAna

I LOVE this moisturizing cream! Ive had dry hands for years and years, and no matter what I used or how heavy and rich the cream was, nothing fully cured my hands. I used so many products but nothing worked until now. I wasnt expecting much from this but I was so wrong. Before using this, I had dry and cracking skin, it was unattractive and painful. But now, my hands feel and look smooth and are incredibly soft! Im almost addicted in using this because it gives such good results, i will definitely repurchase and would recommend this to others!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by hawkeyemommy

I used to love this hand cream. When the packaging was changed recently, the formula was, too. It now has a very off-putting scent. Reminds me of cat pee. Used it a few times and then the almost-full tube went into the trash. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by epaton

I have really dry hands and this didn't cut it for me unfortunately.

Ok smell, and soaks in well. Just no deep or long lasting moisturising power.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by candes

Update 5-14-11 They changed this product. I bought some today. Put it on and noticed a waxy, sticky, and greasy feel. And the stronger, odd, smell gave me an asthma attack. Checked the ingredients, and they changed it majorly! If you buy this based on old reviews, you may be able to return the open product to the store.
----------------------------------------
Bees wax
Stearyl alcohol
Stearic acid
Glycerin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The previous, below mentioned, product review I did was before they changed it. (This is not the same as they are selling now.)

The entire Yes To Tomato and Carrot skin line is wonderful! It leaves my skin, soft and youthful looking. (Watch the cucumber butter though, with alcohol as a top ingredient. I noticed that something was off with the product before I even noticed the alcohol.)

The hand and elbow cream is absoluetly marvelous! Not sure how it does it, but it evens out my skin tones. Almost makes my skin look a shade lighter. And a quite lovely shade at that.

When I use this, my hands have no visible tiny creases on the backs. (Not even after it is washed off.) I am 46 years old, and my hands look more youthful than that of a thirty year olds. The skin on my hands is very plump looking, vs thin and frail.

Now the elbows.... I have dark, rough scaly elbows. And I have tried everything on this planet to get rid of this problem. I even have tried $250 creams. This is the only product that has gotten rid of it. And this effect doesn't go away immediately with washing either.

I have read reviews on this site many times. But have never written one myself. But I think this company deserves credit for putting out an exceptional product. I am a face and body cream addict. And my search has finally ended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first saw this product line at Rite Aid, I laughed. I thought it was the silliest name for a line EVER. But this winter has been really rough on my skin and the line was buy one get one free so I thought I'd give it a shot. I LOVE this hand cream. (Heh - I almost typed hand dream.) It feels great on my frequently washed hands and parched elbows and seems to instantly sink in. I like the scent which is pleasant and light. (Usually I can't stand scents of any kind.) This has replaced Neutrogena Hand Cream as my winter skin saver.