October 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Sensuous

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I first smelled this years ago and fell in love with its woodsy warm scent and have loved it since. The top notes are jasmine, magnolia, and lily which are noticeable, but the jasmine are most noticeable to me. The middle notes are amber, wood, and ylang-ylang. The amber and wood are very distinct to me with a touch ylang-ylang. The base notes sandalwood, mandarin orange, pepper, and white honey which come out on me.

I find this a comforting and very warm. It has longevity and sillage is moderate. It will leave a small trail.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by squid123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely adore this fragrance. Love the fresh, powder, warmth & comfort of this. Will purchase this repeatedly. This could be a year round scent. Day or night. Any occasion.
:) :) :) Very happy with this purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I tested this (also) today at the store. Personally, I think this is a lot like Modern Muse but with more vanilla and sweetness (honey?) in it. Having said that, I love vanilla and this didn't have enough of it. Not a bad scent whatsoever. It just didn't "do it" for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this fragrance for I love spicy scents but it doesn't last long. After about four hours it's completely gone which is very disappointing for Estee Lauder. I hope to find something similar to this that has more longevity. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by InstantRainbow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn’t have named it better even if I’d tried. Its oozes sensuality with just a hint a sweet. Pssssstt, this one will get you the maximum compliments from the opposite sex.
Please stop by if you get a chance http://blue-arc-en-ciel.blogspot.in/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very sweet and warm. More of a fall/winter fragrances, not that there is ever a fall or winter here in Florida. Very sweet yet spicy. Makes me think of snuggling up by the fireplace with a throw blanket on and a cup of hot cocoa.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I bought the minis set of Estée Lauder and hated all of them, they all smell like old lady,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Ahh, Sensuous sounded so promising -- fronted by Gwynneth Paltrow & other models -- but no! This is described as "Woody Amber" on the EL display, and that's usually my type -- skin-musky scents are as well. Unfortunately, for me, Sensuous missed the mark.

Why so thin? Why the black pepper note? And why so much honey? To be "sensuous", it should have been smoooooooth! And deep! And rich! And musky! And well-blended! Not thin & black peppery & honey-sweetened! Bah!! The black pepper just never stops prickling my nose.

Yet I did get a compliment once, wearing this -- from a friend of my son's. It's just okay for me. I wish it could have been a signature, a holy grail (esp since it's so easy-to-find, even in my small town) -- but the notes never do come together into a "sensuous" blend, for me anyway -- because it's thin & sheer (were they trying to make it fresh?), black peppery, and quite honey-sweetened.

However, it is still in the golden/warm/woody/ambery family, and that's my wheelhouse, so I'm kind of on the fence with this scent. I do own a bottle, and I guess I'd probably repurchase. It's not the smooth, rich, deep, sensuous "woody amber" I was hoping for, but it's still a good one to have around. I think Gucci Guilty Intense (which I gave 5 stars to) is much closer to what I was hoping for and expecting from something named "sensuous" -- either like that or something more "nude" -- or like a natural musk scent (I'm a musk hound).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sarah4250

I usually stay clear of Estee Lauder fragrances, but this one is an exception. I really love the warm, sweet, woody smell of this. I find it very comforting and easy to wear. I can't imagine this being offensive to anyone. It's a very unique smelling perfume! Just lovely.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by abruzzo

This perfume is very warm, and safe. I really like it.
I have had it for about a year, and I am no way close to finishing the bottle.