April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Other - Vicks Vapor Rub

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mrwata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read online that Vicks Vapor Rub works wonder on cystic acne. I had nothing to lose, so I went to the local pharmacy to try it out. I think the small jar was about $4.50. I rubbed the Vapor Rub onto my cystic acne on my forehead before I went to sleep. It's very minty and soothing. I had high hopes, but it looked exactly the same in the morning. The cystic acne was still the same size and it still hurt. I've tried a lot of home remedies for cystic acne, but nothing seems to work. The only solution that works for me is the cortisone shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect and cheap! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

perfect for when i have a cold. love the smell too

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

This brings back many memories of my grandmother slathering vapor rub on my chest and feet when I was younger every time I had a cold. I still keep a tub of this in my bathroom even though my husband can't stand the smell of it when I use it. I now buy my dd the baby version which has a milder smell and find myself reaching for that more than the regular Vicks vapor rub. It helps with congestion temporarily for me and like other reviewers have noted, you can use it around your nose to keep away offending odors and on your toes to keep your nail beds healthy. I have not used it on bug bites, pimples, or bruises so I can't say how well it works for those problems but I will test it out sometime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Svetlana7311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you ever had fungus on your toenails you know how difficult it is to get rid of it, actually it's almost impossible and takes forever, and it always comes back. Covering infected nails with nail polish will make maters worse, don't do it. I stopped doing pedicures because this is how I got it in the first place, and every single time I went back I got infected again. No matter how cheap/expensive/clean place is, I always get toenail fungus after a pedicure. No pedicures for me anymore, I do them at home. In the past years I tried a lot of non RX products (I do not want to take rx pills, they are dangerous), some of them don't do a thing, some of them work but it takes 6-8 months and longer to see results, and they are expensive. Then I saw an article about vicks rub and I tried. Wow, thank you so much for the hint, it works and fast, amazing! It works better than any other topical fungus medication. It only takes a week to start seeing the effect, fungus will stop spreading, and depending on how bad it was you just have to be patient and wait until your nails grow out, it may take 2-3 weeks to a month to fully recover depending on the season, summer and sun helps a lot. Be patient, don't use nail polish, and give your feet a little sunlight, it will speed up the process. I also tried tea tree oil, it doesn't work on its own, vicks is more gentle and treats fungus way better and faster. As a precaution I still use it a few times a week.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Around my mid to late twenties I began to develop adult cystic acne on a face that was pretty problem free and flawless. I went on to battle several years of scarring and just the embarrassment of these nodules on my face affecting my self-esteem. I began seeing an aesthetician every month for a year, which helped but not how I would've hoped. In 2012, while at a follow up appointment with a dermatologist on an unrelated condition, I asked him about my skin in desperation. Without even rising from his seat to examine my face, he diagnosed me with mild acne, a result mostly from clogged pores (I'm am oily skin girl with large pores). He prescribed Finacea gel, which is typically for patients with rosacea, but has proven helpful for African Americans with my condition. I've been using it for nearly a year and it has helped IMMENSELY, however it was no cure all. (getting to the point) After more research, suddenly I ran into all these posts on Vicks, and though nervous at the idea of compounding the clogging, I gave it a go. The key for me has been to apply AS SOON AS I start to feel that raised puffy tender spot, usually indicative of a below surface problem, I swab a bit of Vicks on the spot and rub it in a little before bed. The next day, the spot has reduced in size and the pain has subsided. This has successfully worked for me 3 - 4 times in the past month, so decided to share to help someone else. Now, let me close this by saying, this isn't ALL I do - my skin care regimen is stringent and crucial. But I won't bore you all with the details of battling acne and hyperpigmentation while trying to maintain healthy, glowing skin that can take me to Walmart with a makeup free face... I've always worn makeup, but I will say I've begun receiving compliments on my skin again, and it's done wonders for my confidence. So if any of you are serious about your skin and you'd like to know the rest, you're more than welcome to send me an email and I tell you what's worked for me.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use it as a pain relief for bruises and also it makes them disappear faster.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This Stuff is Addictive xD i looove the smell of this stuff, i use to always use it as a kid especially when i had a cold, or if i just wanted to smell it :P... i also love the sound the cap makes when you unscrew and rescrew it.. (goosh i dont know why lol) it's like a hollow sound.

i recomend this to anyone really , also i grew up with vicks cough lozenges my aunt would always have some in her purse (her throte was always sore because she was a smoker) and i would always steel the orange flavor ones.

in all i really do think Vicks brand is way better then any others like it, i just think other brands are unbearable they smell to strong or too medicated. vick smell is just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ensayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

We moved back down south a year ago, and my kids & dh are CONSTANTLY being bitten by whatever bug happens to be active that day. I read that putting Vick's on bug bites cuts the itch, so I tried it on them and IT WORKS! I rub it in gently for a few seconds & there you go...now my one son will rub it all over his arms to get all the 'little bites' which means you can definitely smell him coming, but that's better than tearing up his skin itching.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by rdmballard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love Vicks. Brings back childhood memories of the smell wafting through the air from the hot steam vaporizer (though it's no longer recommended for that). Have started using on my lips, since I haven't been able to find the little blue pot of Blistex medicated lip balm that I love.