April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design - Dazzling Steel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous dark olive green with multi-coloured (bronze/green/gold) shimmer. Especially nice applied wet for a smoky deep green eye. I like to pair it with Clinique Creamshaper for Eyes #Egyptian. #Dazzling Steel is quite warm toned but I'm a cool- to neutral toned pale NW10 and it looks stunning on my green eyes. Velvety soft texture, non-irritating and no creasing. I also tried Erika F. and found it to be too glittery; I much prefer this shade with its subdued shimmer. Beautiful! Update: I'm really sad but this eyeshadow irritates my sensitive eyes...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While the colors are similar, I have both Dazzling Steel and Erika F, and I much prefer Erika F.I got Dazzling Steel because I prefer the color design formula (I find them softer and easier to work with) to the ombre essentielle formula and they look the same in the pan (see my pics). On me, Dazzling steel is too warm and has too much warm brown. Dazzling Steel does have less sparkle and more shimmer if you are looking for shimmer. Erika F definitely has more grey once you wear it even though, like I said, the difference in the pan is barely noticeable. This is a nice color and a nice formulation, so I am marking rebuy and giving three lippies for that, but unfortunately on my fair neutral skin tone and green eyes, dazzling steel is way too warm on me, it makes my eyes look yellow instead of green. Because I have the shu dupe for Erika F and Erika F, this color is redundant in my stash. I really do like this color as a liner, and wish Erika F had less sparkle and more shimmer like dazzling steel.