October 1, 2014 | 1339 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Wonder Waterproof Mascara in *Wonder Mint*

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

Sexy. This is an underrated brand of waterproof mascara that screams for more attention! I know some people may look at the reviews for this mascara very briefly because of the fact that there aren't many reviews for this mascara, although it is rated highly among the few. Just don't overlook this mascara, it is BEAUTY! This is a review for the Clarin's Wonder WATERPROOF mascara in black. What to say without seeming like a screaming fangirl?

Clarin's Wonder Waterproof mascara in black is THAT HG mascara you could shed your tears in. Prior to splashing water onto the mascara lashes, the color of the mascara on the lashes is vividly simple and hypnotic. The shade shows a really different looking black mascara you're used to. CRAZY defined lengthening mascara but in the everyday NATURAL look kind of sense. Not a dramatic mascara. This is my HG natural look waterproof mascara for a forecast of light rain and tears. Doesn't go to the extent of waterparks. Healthy ingredients and a pretty classy bottle.

Ladies, get ready to seduce.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the color of this mascara! It goes on VERY VIVID! It kind of made my lashes clump, but that's nothing a lash comb won't fix. If you are looking for a bright turquiose mascara, look no further!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

3 lippies because i LOVE this color mascaras (it is like a turquoise with green hint) and have been looking for one since i lost mine (Avon, discontinued as far as i know) to the security at the airport .So i grabbed one right away when i saw these, although it was kind of expensive (paid around 27 usd with tax) and i thought the packaging could have been nicer .
2 lippies off because it is kinda gooey and as opposed to the former reviewer ,i unfortunately didn't find this to come out easily . Takes a few more rubbings then necessary to get this off .
The color , on the other hand is tho , a statement . So you might want to try it on before you purchase it , and if you like it , still might be worth buying .

It does not flake but it sticks lashes together , i would recommend using a brush to apart them afterwards maybe.

I tried it on on it's own too , but didn't like it as much . so, here's my trick : i put on my black mascara first (my eyelashes are dense black ) and i apply this generously on the TIPS of my lashes , both upper and lower ..i LOVE it like that ..
So, although it has a few problems imo, i would still repurchase it until i find the shade in other brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been hoping that Clarins would release a Waterproof Mascara, ever since I started using the brand three years ago. My wish actually came true! *YAY* Clarins regular mascara has great staying power on me and their Mascara 'Fix is a must, so I knew their waterproof version had to be extraordinary...and it is! Clarins released two shades as Limited Editions for their 2008 Summer Collection; Wonder Black 01 and Wonder Mint 02. (This review is for the Wonder Mint)
Instead of Clarins' usual red container, this one is the shade of the mascara and it's a gorgeous TEAL shade. The name does not match the mascara because it's not even close to being "mint" green. The color is almost exactly like a nail lacquer I own from China Glaze called "Turned Up Turquoise" Neon. Side by side, they are dead on. There's plenty of pigment in this mascara, too! My lashes are naturally black and I didn't expect this mascara to show up on me, not the way it did. It is VIBRANT! I used Clinique's Color Surge Trio in "Ebb and Flow" and their Brush-On Cream Liner in Egyptian (eye shadows in the teal family and a mossy green eyeliner). It looked awesome, but as soon as I put one coat of this mascara on my lashes, everything just POPPED! It made my mossy green eyeliner look almost teal and my brown eyes suddenly stood out! I ended up using two coats of this on my upper lashes and one light coat on my lower.
The staying power is unbelievable! I went out of the town the first day I wore this and I didn't get home for 14 hours. I fell asleep as soon as I walked in the door. (Bad, I know) When I woke up the next morning, I noticed that my eyeshadow had faded a bit, the eyeliner was starting to fade, but that mascara was still kicking!
I use Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil to wash my face, so I gently worked a bit of that oil into my lashes and massage then for about a minute. Then I use a warm to remove the oil and rinse. Maybe it's because I use oil to remove, instead of regular eye makeup remover, but this came over very easily, no tug-o-war. Also, it didn't flake off during the day:)
I have one in this shade and two in Black, which I found at three different Macy's. If you are lucky enough to be able to find one of these, I suggest you snatch it up!
Update 07/20/08: I am sooooo in love with this mascara! I've been trying to track down another one, since it's LE. I finally found one, in another state:)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No