October 22, 2014 | 927 users online

Gels/Soaps - Simple - Pure Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sew a YouTuber callled LizLizLive use this on her skon care routine several months ago.

From the morning after the night I first used the Simple Pure Soap to wash my face, I could see a difference. I didn't expect it to leave my face so calm, soothed, and radiant looking. Was I just imagining the fact that this basic soap bar was actually making my skin look more balanced and youthful? No.

I'm liking what I'm seeing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the fragrance-free but it is a little drying and harsh on my skin when compared to glycerin soaps. If I use it everyday I get flakey hands. And it doesn't feel completely clean on the skin like the other reviewer mentioned, its tacky feeling?

I'd only buy again if I was in a hurry and coudn't find another soap suitable for sensitive skin but thats not likely. I don't like having to take the extra step of moisturising skin with a few drops of olive oil afterward to prevent skin itching and drying with this soap. Other soaps are kinder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 7:12:00 AM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best face cleanser I have used. My skin type is very very oily.

My day:
After my skin care routine then make up in the morning, 2 hours later (1 hour of being at work) my face is oily already, I blot my face 3 times a during the day, 10am, 2pm & before I go home from work, 5pm.

I have tried so many expensive and inexpesive products, and actually never thought of just trying pure soap until I was talking to a colleague said she was in the same situation. So I went to local supermarket and as it as on offer 4 bars for 1, went home washed my face using the soap (applying eye cream but NOT moisturiser after), later on the evening even my partner said that my skin is a lot better.

As I have been trying my whole life to control the oily on my skin, i have done a lot of reseach. After washing my face with soap, I do not use anything but eye cream for the fine lines, as some skin doctors say that if you have very oily skin then try out not using a moisturiser at night, so this is what I did. I woke up in the morning and wow no oil but not dry, just right. Love this stuff the fact that such a cheap product would work is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:56:00 AM More reviews by librarygrrrl

This is a totally no-frills product, which may not suit some but it is great for me. I have unbeleiveably reactive skin, and this is the only soap I've ever used that I have had zero problems with. It is fragrance-free, but does have a very slight odd smell about it (i.e. there's no masking fragrance to stop you smelling the actual ingredients in the soap). Yes, I would prefer something yummy smelling, but my skin would repay me with blotches and rashes, so I have to live without.

I find this soap leaves me with soft skin that is clean but not stripped, and I use it everywhere, face included. It takes off all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. If I am ever tempted to stray to a more flashy shower product, I need only remind myself of the many horrible reactions I've had to other products and I come straight back to this.

Simple advertise their products as containing no "harsh" chemicals, and being natural, gentle and suitable for sensitive skin. Generally "natural" makes me wary, as that often means "filled with essential oils just waiting to give you a hideous rash", but most Simple products (including this soap) are either without, or very low on, fragrant oils and plant extracts. This makes me happy!! Woo! Also, all Simple products have recyclable packaging which is another bonus.

I thoroughly recommend this soap to anyone looking for a nice, basic, cheap soap that will be kind to your skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When using this to wash my hands, I feel as though it is mediocre in comparison to my other hand soaps. Not only does it make my hands feel slightly dry, but I don't mentally feel as though it has cleaned my hands properly.

I have also used this soap in the shower a few times and found it rather hard to get it to foam, making it hard to wash properly. Also, the soap turns the water COMPLETELY white....it just seems rather oily & makes water look absolutely filthy. A word of caution is to avoid getting even the slightest bit into eyes as it stings like crazy.

The smell is, as it states on the pack, non existant. I know this is the idea behind it, but its not for me...say if I use this to wash my underarms - I feel as though it doesn't clean me properly (I can still smell a slight sweaty smell, however nasty that may be to read...my apologies!) - so if I've been sweating in the sun all day it won't eliminate those smells very well.

It didn't leave my skin refreshed - in fact, I felt like I had just washed with plain water. My skin felt boring and lifeless, and not moisturised at all, although it was somewhat clean.

I won't repurchase this as it is pricier than my usual soaps & leaves my skin dull/dry, not to mention it doesn't clean me as thoroughly as other soaps & shower gels. I like to feel fresh & moisturised after I come out of a bath or shower - not like my skin is gasping for moisture & not being thoroughly clean.

I think this would soap would only be good for those with very sensitive skin who are usually aggravated by soaps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by bringiton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this soap - its completely bland, no fragrance or anything bad in it. For a true soap, its not harsh at all - I can even use it to wash my face with no problems and my skin is very sensitive.

I've noticed when using detergent hand washes, that even if they dont appear to be drying - the skin around my nails and patches on my hands start to peel over time... but weirdly this doesnt happen when I use a true soap, even though in theory soap is harsher on the skin than non soap detergents.

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Phosphate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronic.

I no longer use this. I went back to soap free cleansers and noticed how much more hydrated my skin looked/felt - although this wasnt irritating, it was drying me out, especially around the eyes which looked crepey.