Organix Vanilla Silk

2.5

on 10/13/2010 1:18:00 PM

Not to be mean, but this stuff blows.

I first found it on clearance at Raley's for like 3 or 4 bucks, and decided to try it because the scent was HEAVENLY. However I took it home and used it (with the matching shampoo) and was thoroughly disappointed. While it did make my hair smell nice, it has no conditioning qualities. I have really fine hair, and it seemed to absorb moisture from ANYTHING, I have mild to moderate success with almost any shampoo/conditioner I use but this one sucked. My hair felt like straw afterward. When I straightened it, it looked all see-through and pale and not bouncy or shiny at all. Ew. This is going under my sink. Maybe I'll use the shampoo to shave my legs....

I gave it one star for the smell. The smell is fabulous.

on 7/26/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Organix shampoos and conditioners were such a BIG disappointment for me. I have used 3 different ones (you think I’d have learned my lesson after the first!!!!) and they were all really terrible on my hair. The reason for me is:- the conditioners are just not conditioning at all. With the conditioner on my hair I couldn’t get the comb through my hair. It just seems they have no detangling or moisturising properties at all. These products smell absolutely amazing and lure you in, but I would not recommend any of them for people who like moist/slippery conditioners that comb through well and leave the hair actually conditioned when dry. I give this 1 lippie, just for the smell alone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't happy with this conditioner. After my HG was reformulated (Aussie 3 minute miracle), I tried this one. It smelled AMAZING but unfortunately did not live up to my expectations. Sure, it smelled awesome in the bottle but it left no fragrance AT ALL on my hair. If that were the only issue, I could live with it. But unfortunately, it didn't do anything for my hair at all. It was dry and frizzy as ever (I have curly and somewhat dry hair). And the cap is curved so I can't flip it over to get all the product out alone. I have to lean it against something (and it keeps flipping over!). I will be using this to shave to use it up. I'm going to try Redken smooth down next.

on 1/17/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Generally, the appeal of organic conditioners is that they don't contain silicones, which snap my baby fine hair like a twig. Sadly, this product does contain silicones and does nothing for my easily tangled hair. I've learned when using Avalon conditioners that with organic products, you need to leave it on longer in order for it to work. I left it on for probably 10 minutes and my hair was still a tangled, snarly mess. I've been using my leftovers to shave my legs as that seems to be the best use of it. As far as price, it's cheap for an organic conditioner, and I've learned that you get what you pay for, apparently.

on 11/27/2008 11:53:00 AM

I liked the coconut series, so I decided to give the vanilla a whirl. I'm glad I did. I love the smell, and it works really really well. You DO need to leave it in for the 3-5 mins they recommend. If you aren't getting a good result, try following the directions...don't expect this to work instantly like a lot of them do. It needs to sit so that the oils and proteins have a moment to sink into your hair. That said, it makes my hair pretty easy to brush through and leaves it super soft and shiny, like silk. It also leaves me totally frizz free, even on rainy days. I've gotten tons of compliments on my hair while using Organix (both versions). I love this stuff, and for the price, it can't be beaten. I used to use Biolage which I also love, but this is just as good and much cheaper. It also has less weird ingredients than 99% of the stuff on the market.

on 11/6/2008 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this conditioner while staying with family and four of us tried it - none of us were impressed. I can't believe they are charging $7 for this stuff - other than smelling good, it has no benefit and even Suave, at a much cheaper price, works better.

One of my cousins rarely even needs to use conditioner, and she felt this was not conditioning at all. My sister and other cousin have normal hair and they felt like it did nothing for their hair. I have coarse, dry hair and this did not condition or help with tangles at all. It was useless for all of us.

on 8/17/2008 10:49:00 AM

I bought this conditioner b/c it had a mail-in full rebate, so I though why not? It is pretty good, definitely smells good. I may buy it again but it is a little expensive for what it does. I would say its quality is comparable to that of some less expensive brands. Its conditioning doesn't stand out to me, but I do like the scent a lot.

on 7/22/2008 10:50:00 AM

This is the first product I bought after i went blond and I really like it...before I started using this I couldn't even comb through my hair...it makes your hair really soft and healthy feeling.....i love the smell of it too!!!!