October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Professional Travel Kit

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

MEH.

Nothing in this kit is really great, at all.

I thought this would be nice to keep in my purse, but the bristles are very coarse. I don't bother toting this around with me as I feel it's just wasting space in my cosmetic bag.

I love a majority of the other ELF brushes out there, but this was a total dud for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I got this as it was so cheap but the brushes are not great quality. Okay for the price but it's better to invest in good quality brushes that will last you. Good for travel and handbag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this little brush set- and I do mean little. I find myself reaching for it more and more when I am in a hurry. The blush brush is small and round and it makes my bronzer application quick and easy, a few circular "swipes" and its done. The lip brush is okay, I do prefer my retractable Avon one (which is my HG) but this one does work fine, even though it looks more like a small concealer brush. The eyelash/eyebrow brush works fine- have never used another eyelash/brow brush to have something to compare it to. I really like the tiny angled eyeliner/shadow brush it is really good for presise eyeshadow application and I have not yet used the eyeshadow sponge applicator brush but it looks so much better than the cheapy things that come in most eyeshadow packages. This will be my staple travel set when I go on weekend getaways. It is very tiny yet looks nice and fits anywhere- I love the little fold over "leather" case. Would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

This brush set has 5 brushes: powder brush, brow & brush comb, angled eyeshadow brush, lip brush, and an eye shadow applicator. It comes in a little fake leather cases with a magnetic snap. I got this for $5 at eyeslipsface.com
* powder brush (2 lippies): This brush is very scratchy on the face. I didn't do much to or wash it, but it didn't shed during the whole 2 minutes I played with it
* brow & brush comb (4 lippies): You can't really mess this one up, but the brush part of it reminds me to toothbrush bristles.
* Angled eyeshadow brush (3 lippies): it's very cheaply made... I don't think I would use it for eyeshadow though. It looks more like a brow brush or maybe an eyeliner brush. It's soft enough to be a brow brush, but a little too soft for an eyeliner brush.
* Lip brush (3 lippies): as a lip brush, I would give it 3 lippies because the shape of it is too odd for lips, which brings me to my next point: it really looks more like an eyeshadow brush or a very small concealer brush... this brush is rather interesting, and not in a good way.
* Eyeshadow applicator (4 lippies): I never use these, but if you did, it's pretty well made.
* Case: The case is seriously the best part of the kit. The faux leather is so soft and you can put 5 little brushes inside it (the case is a little longer than 5 inches; any brushes shorter than 5 inches should fit).

Overall, I would not buy this again. For less than $5, you can get an NYC equivalent kit. Don't waste your money on this.