Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 7/25/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Too clumpy- I hate it. Brush sucks- I hate it. Texture is gross- I really hate this mascara. Go for lash blast instead.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara delivers everything you could want in a mascara really... length, volume, color, and definition. For a drugstore mascara it really is good. Someone a few reviews down said they didn't like the plastic bristles, however the wand is actually very traditional so I don't know what they're talking about. I mean, it's a good mascara. Price and packaging are good. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because Maybelline tests on animals. There are plenty of cruelty-free mascaras that work as well as or better than options from companies who preform animal testing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i feel this a really you get what you pay for , although i use the original formula i bought this one because they didn't have mine at the time and it felt like it was making my lashes grow thicker. for the price cant beat it.

on 7/14/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this product for now about 5 years and love that it gives me the look of full lashes with out throwing on the fake lashes every time!

I was already skeptical of this mascara because I really don't like plastic bristle applicators but I gave this a try anyways. The plastic bristles were not the problem with this one. Two words/; CLUMP CITY. When I encounter a mascara like this I am a big believer in wiping almost all of the product off on some tissue and then applying it. That usually solves the problem. But even doing that couldn't save this product.

on 7/6/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This one really bummed me out. I actually really liked this mascara at first. It gave good volume, good length, held a curl. It made my lashes look good, I didn't find it clumpy or hard to work with. I was a happy girl.
But then I looked in the mirror later- maybe an hour or two - and I had black flakes on my cheeks and smudges under my eyes. Not cute.
I tried again the next day, making sure I wasn't applying too thick a coat or something. Same thing.
I tossed this one. There are way too many mascaras to deal with one that flakes and smears.

on 7/3/2015 12:49:00 AM

I like this,the thing I noticed most is that it doesn't clump no matter how many coats u apply.It didn't give a lot of volume or length but a decent amount. It holds curl well too.I think Maybelline makes the best drugstore mascaras,I'd definitely repurchase this.

on 7/1/2015 7:18:00 AM

this is an amazinggggg mascara , awesome price , lovely girlish packaging , give the right length to the lashes , doesnt cluml or get flakey , lasts forever , i would definitely repurchase , because this is the best mascara ive ever used its wand is clever if u use it carefully u can achieve a very good coat and awesome lenght

on 6/29/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Before we begin: my lashes are medium length, fine, have natural "fullness" I guess you could say, yet sparse places are found in certain parts, grow straight/down. There's the background, now onto the review.
I am blown away by this mascara! I never thought I would be, considering The Falsies and The Rocket are my HG's.
As I said before in past reviews, (most) Maybelline mascaras are incredible (if you find the right one that works best for you) and especially from the "Volum' Express" line.
Anyway, I got the Colossal mascara in waterproof and I was skeptical because the brush is thick and huge and spikey and not appealing to me at all. The formula is also wet, which was a bonus. Once I applied it, I was BLOWN AWAY. The volume I had gotten from this mascara was UNREAL and the length was PHENOMENAL. I got fluttery big lashes all in one single coat. After two coats, my lashes looked like false lashes and my eyes were opened up and looked huge and more awake.
THE BEST PART: it lasted all day, little to no clumps were in my lashes, less smudges compared to The Falsies/The Rocket, volume AND length (not many mascaras can do that).
All in all, I was impressed considering its a drugstore mascara and one that I have never tried until now. Although, the only part that I didn't like was how on the brush, as soon as you take it out of the tube, it's all this goopy formula on there and I just have to wipe it off so I don't get clumps all up in my lashes. I have applied it without wiping it and my lashes were so disgusting and clumpy and gross. Other than that, I just remember to wipe off all the excess formula on the brush that I don't need.
So next time, I'll definitely buy this, but maybe in non-waterproof, since I heard that waterproof ruins lashes.
Amazing amazing amazing!

One of my favourite mascaras! Amongst the best I've used so far amongst drugstore and high end. Doesn't clump, doesn't melt and it holds a curl. Very impressed