August 30, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Moringa Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

3.5 - 4 lippies for the formulation (lighter than some of the heavier butters) and 3 stars for the floral scent. for $6 for a small tub it's an OK value - better yet on sale for $3.00.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice product. Wasn't sure of the scent when I smelt it from the tub but on me it smelt quite different and subtle but nice. I have heard that scents smell different on different people. For me it is one of the best textures out of all the body butters as my skin is pretty soft anyway and the nut and Shea ones are thicker and greasier. The raspberry and blueberry body butters make me go mmm - I think they smell the most lush so as I keep receiving body butters as gifts I haven't really used thus one. I'd say the scent is suitable for all ages including older people who want something subtle (well as I said it smelt subtle on me anyway) but not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This body butter has been a staple in my routine for at least 4 years now so needless to say, I love this stuff! The scent is floral but not in an old-lady way. It is very moisturizing so it suits my dry skin. Though if you prefer something that sinks in immediately, this might not be for you since it takes a little bit to sink in. I use this nightly after I shower and it has kept my dry skin soft and well moisturized for years, I refuse to go without it!
On the subject of cost, it seems expensive at $20 a tub but TBS is always on offer so I end up buying it for around $10 usually, but I recently stocked up at a price of $5 which made me pretty pleased.

If you don't like the scent, TBS has a lot of other body butters which are just as great so if you have dry skin, do try them out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The smell, oh my gosh the smell. It is divine! Being a body butter the consistency is way more thicker than a regular lotion. Therefore I prefer applying this product at night or on weekends when I won't be leaving the house (and thus it won't matter if the body butter gets into my clothes). It's a rich cream and it really helps with dry patches. I won't be repurchasing it though because it has already lasted me such a long time and after this I want to try out something new :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Body Shop's strawberry series. After finishing two strawberry body butters, I decided to try Moringa since so many people made a lot of positive comments about the scent. Yet... Having a very sensitive nose, I really disliked the smell so much. >< It's just too heavy for me to handle. I admit the Moringa body butter had a nicer texture than Strawberry. It is more creamy and nicer. But the scent... Gah! I can't tolerate it. D:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A rich tropical scent fair leaps out of the jar as you open it. It is certainly strong at first. While some people say they can smell it for hours, I find it settles quickly and fades after about 30 minutes at most. If you are planning to wear perfume though, it might be best either to wait, or use a tropical or white floral, something that would layer well with the moringa. A lingering scent is left in the bathroom, which I enjoy. Texture is thick and a little waxy but I find it has no trouble absorbing into the skin. I love to soften it a bit by rubbing some between my palms for a few seconds. Just lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by akinomonique

This smell is something what you can love or hate. I first I hated it when I recieved the sample as a gift. But after some time I was not able to stop smelling it every few hours. I have got the full size and I love it more and more. Love the combination of this body butter with Gucci Flora Georgeos Magnolia fragrance. The magnolia is really light and you can feel it really long time on your body.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jojonono

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample of this and when used I bought the full size since I really liked the product.
Love the scent!
I think it takes a long time to dry though, so I would feel quite sticky when I put clothes on when I was in a rush in the mornings.
The price is fair, but the product is used up pretty quickly.
I def don't like the packaging, I would prefer a pump as it seems more hygenic. And I think this packaging is unpractical aswell.
It is a nice creme for those days when you want to treat yourself and have a lot of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by KexetBex

I really like this one! It has such a wonderful smell and it moisturizes very well. It's thick enough and the smell stays on for a pretty long time. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is that I prefer fruit scents over flower scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

I have re-purchased this about 4 times... I absolutely LOVE it! I have tried other lotions/body butters. But this is by FAR my favorite. Smells amazing! I got people asking me what perfume I'm wearing, I wasn't. This product has a really really nice smell and really moisturizing too! I apply this after shower (usually on my legs, sometimes on the whole body as well)