April 21, 2014 | 1412 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Korres - Korres Watermelon Lightweight Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by calshopper

I really wanted to like this because I am a big fan of Korres products and I had been searching for a tinted moisturizer with higher SPF (this one is SPF 30). Unfortunately, this product does not work for me at all - it accentuates my pores instead of hiding them, the coverage is very uneven, and it balls up like crazy. I don't like the scent, and it just seems to amplify any flakiness or unevenness in my skin on any given day. The only positive thing I can say about it is that it comes in a toothpaste like tube, which is convenient for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a superb product. It has a super lightweight consistency and provides a medium coverage. I don't know if I would call it a "tinted moisturizer" as the coverage is way above the coverage of an average tinted moisturizer, but I was pleased with the coverage none the less. The spf is a major bonus too. I just love using this through the summer, and I was quite disappointed when Sephora stopped selling it. Its still available through the korres website, but I hate ordering online. My only complaint is that it tends to accentuate pores after 5 or 6 hours of wear. It also oxidizes quite a bit, so you have to buy a shade lighter than your skin tone. All in all though, great summer alternative to a traditional foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lighweight tinted moisturiser should be renamed, oil free foundation! It provides very good coverage, however has no moisturising properties at all. I quite like this product as its coverage is so good that I don't need an additional step of a concealer. It is very good when you are in a rush!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's got beneficial ingredients for your skin, the scent isn't offensive, provides light coverage. It did accentuate the dry patches and my pores. And it didn't work well with the primer from the same brand. As I was putting on the tinted moisturizer, the primer was peeling off my face with every stroke if that makes sense. I'd never buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by aliceayres18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite tinted moisturizer so far. A lot of people complain about how drying it is, but that is because it is an OIL-FREE product, hence perfect for oily skin like mine. I think the coverage is perfect. This product is yet to break me out, provides a light-medium coverage, smells amazingly of watermelon, and is all natural.
The downside is the fact that it isn't too moisturizing, so it is not good for dry skin. I don't have dry skin so this isn't a problem for me but I do like to moisturize, so I apply moisturizer before the tinted moisturizer. Also, it only comes in three shades! I am a pale olive, so it is hard to find a shade that matches perfectly, but the closest was shade 1, which is called 'sand' I believe. And in summer I might be able to get away with the medium shade. I recommend this product to anyone with oily skin! It probably isn't best to apply a powder on top of this product, as it is a little drying and your skin might get a bit flaky. Instead, I apply it with a sponge (makes it a little sheerer but that's what I prefer) and spray MAC Fix which sets the tinted moisturizer on my face - works perfectly for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by littlekumiko

i wish i didnt buy this product. GOD.

okay, i know this is natural and all good. but honestly this tinted moisturizer slided off my face at the end of the day.

Pros:-
Give your skin a really nice glow when u put on for the first hour
Great coverage

Cons:-
Tends to exaggerate your flaws (pores,blackheads, acne) after 1-2 hours
Slides down ur face/breaks down
Bad for dry skin (STAY AWAY!!!)
Expensive

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by lessisabore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd read good reviews of this but now wish I hadn't wasted my money. I purchased this to try another natural SPF; as I am fair and freckled I wear sunscreen every day.

The colour doesn't mesh with my skin, it just sits on top of it, looking fake and highlighting any inconsistencies.
It smells lovely but this is pretty much the only thing going for it.

I've gone back to my Invisible Zinc tinted moisturiser, which is so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This tinted moisturizer works more like a foundation for me. I dont like use tinted moisturizer alot cuz I found them very plain as the whole concept is not moisturizing enough than normal moisturizer and not enough coverage as foundation. However, Korres watermelon one brought my attention cuz it does offer quite good coverage and the smell is good. When I first got it, I found it drying very fast so u have to work really fast to blend, then I found a better way to apply it is to dot little dots onthe entire face and blend in with warm fingertips. I don't have flawless skin but most of the time I don't even need to use much concealer after this, just top up with my jurlique rose powder and I'm ready to go. The downside of this product is I found it a little dark for my skin in winter time even though I'm using the lightest shade they have on offer. In addition, the lasting powder is not as good cuz by the end of the day it's turning a bit ashy and especially near nose area it's getting flaky for some reason. Until I find a better product, this is still my go to tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by PrincessZaineb

I just started using this product two days ago and I'm really loving it. I thought of using it for work when I bought it but to be honest its coverage is so good I'm using it on nights out as well. You'd only need concealer with it and its really easy to apply.

Another pro is that its slicone and oil free, which is great for my combination skin. I bought #1 Sand and its abiiiit darker than my colour, which gives me a slight healthy tanned look.

The only three cons I'd say are 1: The watermelon smell, which is only there on application really so its not a bother once it has dried. and 2: You need to apply this moisturizer and spread it on your face quickly. If not it would sort of dry in place within seconds. 3: It leaves my fingers sticky after application, curiously not my face though. So just give your hands a good wash right after you apply it.

These cons are very tiny and easy to be dealt with, so I'd really suggest you give it a try

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by may1980

Since I bough this product I have stopped using my foundation as there is really no need to put anything else, except maybe concealer. It is very lightweight which is good for my combination skin. Need to take care when applying it on, make sure the lighting is good and you're not in too much of a hurry (I took a dark tan one)
I really like this product as it gives a lovely, natural, tanned look and my skin looks healthy.